Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

on hold until after WCUP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

ahhh yes i forgot about that lol

on hold until after WCUP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Looks very quiet so far. I expect to see heavy rain kicking off in East Anglia during the early hours but it looks very poor at the moment. I expected to see something more than that at this point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

"Patience is a virtue", this is not a gimmick! lol

Virtually the whole of France and Benelux is under a Level 1 - GFS and other models suggesting late initiation - the fingers of cloud pushing East is the start of the change - wait for it to fire as the LP wraps up further...11pm, BOOM! Might not be BOOM here, but the first signs should be there.

Posted

"Patience is a virtue", this is not a gimmick! lol

Virtually the whole of France and Benelux is under a Level 1 - GFS and other models suggesting late initiation - the fingers of cloud pushing East is the start of the change - wait for it to fire as the LP wraps up further...11pm, BOOM! Might not be BOOM here, but the first signs should be there.

Yes, heavy rain is widely forecast. If an area is affected you'd expect to get at least 10mm in 2 hours. Whether or not it becomes electrifimicated TM is something else entirely. Of course, entirely possible, but, I reckon, it relies on timing as discussed earlier today.

Posted

I hope it goes bing bang boom.... need it after this warmth.... really hoping for a Spanish style initiation of thunderstorms that sudden massive growth of cloud as on sat 24..... especially after Spain winning world cup!.... looking a bit :good: though

Posted

Is that a strike off the South West coast?

Are you hoping for Thunder and lightning in Gloucester?

Posted

Are you hoping for Thunder and lightning in Gloucester?

I wouldn't mainly the SE possibly some southern areas but mainly rain if that around here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

i expected some sparks over in france by now..but as im reading on here the mix is starting and should soon see something bloom over france..i expect now for some activity arriving on s-coast by early hrs

Posted

No storms for this neck of the wood, warmer air now pushed aside, the cold front coming from the south has stabalized the atmosphere over the past 24 hours, some heavy frontal rain possible, but certainly nothing convective.

Regards

Posted

I wouldn't mainly the SE possibly some southern areas but mainly rain if that around here.

Anoo, thats why I asked her :good:

Highly unlikely anywhere apart from the South Coast, East Anglia and South East will see anything thundery.

Posted

Anoo, thats why I asked her :good:

Highly unlikely anywhere apart from the South Coast, East Anglia and South East will see anything thundery.

I 100% agree with you there maybe something for the IOW time will tell.

Posted

I 100% agree with you there maybe something for the IOW time will tell.

I hope we get some decent rain here, been like the sahara desert here the past 2 weeks.

Posted

well nothing here for the solent so far but time will tell!!! not got

my hopes up as these things never go to plan

Edited by r6 steve

Posted

Looking at the models I still think the far East of England will see thunder overnight. The best chance of widespread storm activity looks to be on Wednesday and Thursday. Especially in the West.

Posted

is wednesday looking better for storms for surrey - ive been roasting in the sun all week at hampton court and thought we might get a storm tonight... only a few rumbles here and there so far this year, luckily day off weds so looking closely to see how it pans out...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Models haven't looked good at all for some thunderstorms to develop across the south-east - quite a few factors not conducive to the build up of deep convection and electrical activity. Main factor being real lack of any instability - 12z forecast Skew-T for Kent and east Sussex, for example, show MUCAPE values of just above 100j/kg during the early hours, with also a saturated profile right through to the upper levels - no real cold pool aloft given average mid-level lapse rates at best across the far south-east.

Therefore, main risk to me looks like heavy rainfall, with perhaps the odd strike or two.

Changes a-foot weather09! AcCas and generally Ac streaming in from the S now...was outside early for a cig in just shorts and it's not fresh/cool feeling in the slightest, if anything warming slightly.

Posted

Changes a-foot weather09! AcCas and generally Ac streaming in from the S now...was outside early for a cig in just shorts and it's not fresh/cool feeling in the slightest, if anything warming slightly.

Also worth noting eastern parts of Ireland have seen a few sferics this evening - not forecast. GFS has the SE down for 30% risk of storms - same as E Ireland. It's not a complete write-off until 4am IMO. Waiting patiently :)

Edited by staplehurst

Posted

Very warm and muggy im sure some more humid air is moving in from france thats were our storms are set to develop , its about 20c around london area, and Ac-Cas moving from the south on what looks like quite a brisk middle level air flow .

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

Very warm and muggy im sure some more humid air is moving in from france thats were our storms are set to develop , its about 20c around london area, and Ac-Cas moving from the south on what looks like quite a brisk middle level air flow .

18C here on the coast at the moment. The strong breeze we have had all day has died down to a very light F2. 74% humidity and we badly need rain but I am not hopeful.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Shower over NeilSouth's house by the looks of things, locally heavy and moving NNE. Little blob over Nern France just south of Rouen. Plenty of moths and storm flies outside tonight.

Posted

Also, where is that rain in the SW coming from? It's not on any of the models and appears to be moving northwards into the SW peninsula

Edit: ah! a sferic in Essex

and another from that cell leaving Calais

Edited by staplehurst

Posted

Wow cells exploded in a N-S line between Eastbourne and Le Havre! :)

More sferics from the Calais cell and a new one just off the coast of Thanet

Edited by staplehurst

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow.

Watching nw radar with interest here in Margate with eye on windows as well.