Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

Yeah...keeping a close eye on that..apparently according to the radar, it rained eariler here but doesnt seem like it did, dry outside.

is it cool or muggy down that way?, any distant thunder? :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Looks like quite a heavy shower heading through County Durham towards Tyne and Wear. Doesn't seem to be thundery though but better than nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

is it cool or muggy down that way?, any distant thunder? :wacko:

No thunder, i don't think there will be anything...even though it feels very muggy

Posted

Slightly OT but absolutely incredible activity over France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany/Luxemborg, just as forecast quite a few days out.

Head East quickly! :wacko:

Edited by Free Three

Posted

Slightly OT but absolutely incredible activity over France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany/Luxemborg, just as forecast quite a few days out.

I will head down to Cardiff Yacht club (member) and use my mates yacht on which I'm chief engineer, :drunk::drunk: to motor down there or if enough wind= sail :p:p

back on topic

I Don't think we will have thunder tonight :)

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yep...Conditions have been perfect for these areas and increasing instability over the past few days = Bang!

Posted

I will head down to Cardiff Yacht club (member) and use my mates yacht on which I'm chief engineer, :wacko: :drunk: to motor down there or if enough wind= sail :drunk::p

back on topic

I Don't think we will have thunder tonight :p

Maybe not but id love a torriential downpour right now i would of thought we might cause the air seems unstable here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

any cells heading across channel ? cant see sat at moment..couple may do later i think

Amazing thos massive storms over europe, taking up an area of sat the size of the uk. sunday night into monday looks like its englands turn to take up an huge area of sat, with an MCS! southern england/SE then east anglia the midlands and towards eastern areas like as far as lincs maybe, cant wait for sunday eve model runs..im getting excited..meto know its going to not miss us.. 0:

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Sunday night into monday is going to be nothing more than much needed heavy rain imho, possibility of a few heavier bursts containing an odd rumble or two but nothing more. As the day progresses the extreme warmth is slowly being pushed out over the continent, by evening temps in the se & ea are going to be low 20's at max. If something can kick off and build earlier in the day over the channel and then push north we might be looking at something a little more electrified.

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

i was thinking some cells would get going over france and the channel early evening and cluster together moving inland

Posted

Going to be a close one into the darkness hours around my part of the world, I'm not sure it will be close enough again though.... :wacko:

Posted

Maybe the chance of some Rain in Surrey tonight, although doesnt look like it will be electrical.

Unbelievably humid overnight last night, hardly slept :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Doesn't feel stormy out there at all now, in fact quite cool and fresh. Oh well, now I don't feel so bad about going to Spain tomorrow. Even last year, known for the monsoonal July, produced 4 thunderstorms here within two weeks of each other: June 25th, June 29th, July 3rd, July 6th, all from different meteorological setups.

Posted

Interesting output for the far SE if you look at the forecast rainfall in the MetO's 'Invent' section from 1am onwards. Link

While virtually all the rain manages to avoid the SW again it seems.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Sunday night into monday is going to be nothing more than much needed heavy rain imho, possibility of a few heavier bursts containing an odd rumble or two but nothing more. As the day progresses the extreme warmth is slowly being pushed out over the continent, by evening temps in the se & ea are going to be low 20's at max. If something can kick off and build earlier in the day over the channel and then push north we might be looking at something a little more electrified.

Doesn't always work that way , sometimes you can get a pulse of humid air even if the day was originaly much cooler... I'm sure someone could explain better , something to do with theta lol

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

Interesting output for the far SE if you look at the forecast rainfall in the MetO's 'Invent' section from 1am onwards. Link

The GFS 6z shunts the core of the rain over the SE 40-50 miles west which puts a larger area including London into play, but unless it arrives earlier than currently expected then I cant see anything Thundery coming out of it.

But at least the gardens will get a water, i never seen grass this parched, well it isn't even grass, it's just looks like straw sprouting from a dry mud.

Posted

Looks quite interesting, the whole plume destablises and loads of cells develop, it reminds me alot of a set-up we had a few weeks ago where we had to wait till late eveing but once it got going quite a few decent storms developed in the channel and kept going into the early hours...

At least there should be heavy rain, though I'm well aware of any possible eastward adjustment with time...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Some pretty thundery looking charts for Wednesday / Thursday at the moment, they have been shown since this time yesterday. It looks like we might get the type of setup where there are lots of torrential showers with some nice thunderstorms during the afternoon, helped by temperatures in the high teens / low twenties.

Posted

Yes

The T72-T96 Charts looking very good for some in the UK Under an RPM Airflow. These in the Summer months of July & August usually result in Hefty Numerous Thunderstorms breaking out, favoured areas look to be the Midlands, N England and Lincs upto NE England at present.

Sadly if Charts stay the same some parts of the SE & Southern England "could" still be awaiting there first Thunder of the year.

Cape could reach 500-750jkg on Wed & Thurs which should support some cracking Little Thunderstorms, too early to talk about CZ Type Set-Ups just yet but I would bet there will be a few And if there is then obviously Tornado & FC Chances will go up greatly.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

2 Lightning strikes over scotland ...

Posted

Think i'll have to get in the car next week to see a storm, because they don't look like theyre going to come to me.

Those on here that say the South/South East are spoilt with the number of storms we have are having a laugh :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Think i'll have to get in the car next week to see a storm, because they don't look like theyre going to come to me.

Those on here that say the South/South East are spoilt with the number of storms we have are having a laugh :rofl:

That's because thats the way it used to be , but these last few years..... makes me wonder if weather patterns have changed , dry summers and cold winters

Posted

Yes

The T72-T96 Charts looking very good for some in the UK Under an RPM Airflow. These in the Summer months of July & August usually result in Hefty Numerous Thunderstorms breaking out, favoured areas look to be the Midlands, N England and Lincs upto NE England at present.

Sadly if Charts stay the same some parts of the SE & Southern England "could" still be awaiting there first Thunder of the year.

Cape could reach 500-750jkg on Wed & Thurs which should support some cracking Little Thunderstorms, too early to talk about CZ Type Set-Ups just yet but I would bet there will be a few And if there is then obviously Tornado & FC Chances will go up greatly.

Paul S

Yes Paul, looking more promissing. How often do the charts keep the risk in the same areas though? 5 days ago we where looking forward to storms in the SE today and theres not even a shower. I expect the highest Cape area to move in the charts over the next few days. From an IMBY point of view I hope it does its usual Eastward shift!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

... I think if it rains it will turn thundery