Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Frost!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Good chance of a few places seeing air frost tonight then.

Currently 6.9c here and not totally clear yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think first air frost is likely now current temp 3.6c

Posted

I think first air frost is likely now current temp 3.6c

Curenntly 3.4 here too :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

-0.3c at Tulloch Bridge, Scotland. Wouldn't be suprised to see -3c or even a -4c tonight.

I hate having a manual weather station but 3.7*c at 2030

Sorry but your Weather Station looks like it's mis-reading!

No where around your region is below 7c ATM.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

-0.3c at Tulloch Bridge, Scotland. Wouldn't be suprised to see -3c or even a -4c tonight.

Evening Backtrack

Just thought i would have a quick look on the site after my 6 month break

See some of the usual topics have started,will it snow on xmas day and all that(yaun)...............

Anyway no doubt we will talk again once the season kicks off properley

C.S

Posted

You can't possibly make a statmenet like that when that person is there on the spot seeing their tempreature:S? we all know how inacurate these weather stations are to describe the climate locally. My closest station is Pembrey wich is on the coast 20 miles away whereas Im on the edge of the Brecon beacons 245meters above seal level and I always get people accusing me of lying when I state my tempreature. These observation points in my personal opinion are trategically placed to prove a warming climate in which the government can claim extra taxes and pretend they are doing something about this fake warming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

You can't possibly make a statmenet like that when that person is there on the spot seeing their tempreature:S? we all know how inacurate these weather stations are to describe the climate locally. My closest station is Pembrey wich is on the coast 20 miles away whereas Im on the edge of the Brecon beacons 245meters above seal level and I always get people accusing me of lying when I state my tempreature. These observation points in my personal opinion are trategically placed to prove a warming climate in which the government can claim extra taxes and pretend they are doing something about this fake warming.

I said it 'looks like' it's under reading. Not that it is, he could live in a Frost Hollow. Just stating my opinion.

Evening Backtrack

Just thought i would have a quick look on the site after my 6 month break

See some of the usual topics have started,will it snow on xmas day and all that(yaun)...............

Anyway no doubt we will talk again once the season kicks off properley

C.S

Oi!

I made that Christmas topic! :) :)

Good to have you back though. Will be good to get involved in the regionals again, see the gang. :)

Posted

I said it 'looks like' it's under reading. Not that it is, he could live in a Frost Hollow. Just stating my opinion.

Oi!

I made that Christmas topic! :) :)

Good to have you back though. Will be good to get involved in the regionals again, see the gang. :)

Lol I didn't mean it harsh sorry :). I was in Runcorn this time last week in the R n A lol for my cuzzn's 18 it wasn't half chilly up there

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Wow, Tulloch Bridge is now -2C, 3C below what was forecast and if we apply that, then eventual minima should be -5C, amazing for September.

Does anybody have the record September minima, or date minima?

Posted

1.9c an air frost looks on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

1.9c an air frost looks on.

4.5C and falling sharply here.

Posted

Frost on the lawn and car.

Posted

Frost on the lawn and car.

Same here when I saw the 1.( definetly a frost I went out to check my temp and was shocked by how quickly a visible frost has formed. Cars have ice ont hem lawn is nice and crunchy :). Kidney beans have wilted can see by them that's it now they've had it never mind. Temp currently 0.6 here Wonder if it will get below 0? Can't see why not.

Posted

Down to 5'c here, still a fair breeze but not a cloud in the sky and a lovely bright moon is shining.

Hope we get one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well there is clearly a ground frost outside now which is earliest in the night its formed so far and air frost looks almost certain now along as we dont get cloud cover.

air temp 2.2c ground temp -0.3c house temp 14.5c and damn chilly so i shall be using the electric blanket tonight rather than turn the heating on! :wallbash:

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Wow it's - 1 here :wallbash: and also an official air frost in sennybridge with it being below zero there also trawsgoed, lake fyrnwy and Pembrey coming in close.

Posted

0.0C here now and frosty outside! come on drop another 0.1C you can do it!

Edit: and it has! -0.1C, that's an air frost on the 26th September and only the 3 summer months with out an air frost in this frost prone valley in Devon. (unless Oct/Nov fail to give a frost) last year it took until the 1st Dec to get an air frost!.

Now its +0.1C, that was about 30 seconds of air frost :wallbash:

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Finishing number -1.8c.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

None so far here that I can remember but getting close. However I don't think it'll be this month for us.