Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Frost!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A balmy 11C here in Cork.

Met Eireann predicted 5-8C tonight for Ireland but with a few stations already at 7C that's already looking a little too high.

Posted

We had the slightest of ground frosts early this morning with temps just below 3 degrees.

Doubt we will get quite so cold overnight due to predicted cloud cover moving in later, if it could wait a few hours later then temps would very likely be lower than last night with a more pronounced ground frost. Frost prone spots such as Shap would have been in for an air frost. Coldest parts look to be SE Wales, Cotswolds somewhere like Sennybridge could record lowest temp tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

ground frost looks likely here although still a little patchy cloud drifting through from time to time.

current temp 6.8c

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

6c now, an air frost not that possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Temperatures refusing to budge here in the tropical North West. 11.5c under 60% cloudcover. :rofl:

Posted

I think ground frost is likely now at 5.3c and still 6 hours of darkness to go but no air frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Temperatures beginning to rise across Ireland as the cloud rolls in. CET zone looking quite chilly though, Pershore down to 4C.

Posted

Patches of cloud prevented an air frost.

Min 1.3c and a touch of ground frost.

Posted

Away from the Scottish mountains, Benson the coldest down to 1c, Pembrey and Sennybridge the coldest officially in Wales at 2c - beat them!

Posted

Had a min of 1.9C here with frost on the flat garage roof across the road, and apparently on the grass in the fields in places. Yesterday had a min of 2.9C however just before sunrise patchy cloud moved over and it was 3.7C when I woke, I didn't notice any frost on the roof yesterday unlike the 30th August when there was a min of 3.0C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Minimum of 2.1C last night, a little bit of ice on the shead roof but that was it. Pretty cold for September though!

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted

i took the dog out for a walk at 0415 this morning and it was pretty cool then. not sure if the favourite frost hollows in my walk were just a heavy dew or slight frost. but seemed cold enough to me.

certainly cant remember it been so cold so early in september for a good while

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Min temperature here last night was 5.9C. Fairly cold for september.

Posted

It was only the coldest in September since 2007 here (-1c on 27th then).

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Dropped to 3.3C here, with the ground temperature dipping to 0.0C. Did I have a ground frost or not? I think not.

Within a wisker, -0.1c would have done it.

Dropped to 3.8c in the screen here, grass minimum 1.0c.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Suprisingly low maxima as well, just 16C in the south and 12C here.

Posted

Got down to a chilly 2.1c here last night with a light ground frost as i left for work this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I want to hear from Frostyjoe. Probably fell to -12c in his polar part of ireland. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Temperature dropped to 4.3C in the early hours which is pretty chilly for the time of year around here.

Posted

Kirckwall and Wick are the best candidates for frost tonight, though perhaps too coastal, they are currently at 5C.

Posted

Anyone know what the lowest min in the UK was last night, or in England and Wales? I ask because my temp dropped to a low of 3.6C this morning, lower than I expected and a degree or two lower than local stations, and it looks to have been a mainly mild night across many other parts with temps into double figures..

Posted

Shap already down to 3C.