Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Frost!

Posted

I woke up at 5.45am because there was someone waiting in the shop, but I couldn't get up the stairs from the cellar as my legs had stopped working. I think this may have been a dream. Anyway, I checked the temperature and despite it being just 2.7º, there was no sign of any white on the lawn, so perhaps I was very cold without a grass frost?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ive never seen so much excitement over a little bit of frost. :rolleyes:

Im looking forward to Winter but not just yet please. ;)

Would like to says its a lovely 18c here right now. (Makes a bit of a contrast to seeing such low night time figures in here). :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I woke up at 5.45am because there was someone waiting in the shop, but I couldn't get up the stairs from the cellar as my legs had stopped working. I think this may have been a dream. Anyway, I checked the temperature and despite it being just 2.7º, there was no sign of any white on the lawn, so perhaps I was very cold without a grass frost?

In my ( very long ) experience it's quite possible to have a grass min' of ,say, -0.5c and see no white frost at all as the dip below 0c is of too short a duration to create hoar frost. Another very good reason for investing in a grass min' thermometer.

Here on the hill top a grass min' of 2.6c which is quite low for late August. The air min' was actually higher than the previous night as the wind was much lighter, the inverse of what usually happens at lower levels.

Posted

Low of 4.6c, which for a large city is pretty exceptional, and if wiki is to be believed the lowest temperature ever recorded in Leeds in August is 7.c.

Posted

Low of 5.7°C here so it was the second coldest night of the month after yesterday's 4.9°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Gurteen in North Tipperary (mid-western Ireland) got to 0.6C yesterday coldest August temperature for many years I'd imagine.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The last two nights both colder than June 20th (2.3c) here.

3 ground frosts this Summer!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Looks like this thread can spring back in-to life again, currently 10.8c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Looks like this thread can spring back in-to life again, currently 10.8c.

9.2c with 67% humidity. Feels Frrrrezing! What's everyone reading? To get 9.2c here at just 50m ASL and close proximity to the coast is impressive! Ground Frost in Teesdale, Weardale, Tynedale and some of the north pennines?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

13.0 here

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Aviemore and Aboyne are both at 6C, friday and saturday morning will see the lowest minima.

Posted

LOL I really want to see what 'frostyjoe' wrote after seeing the reason for editing.

Anyway temps have risen to 11.2c, probably to do with these crazy showers that have lashings of wind rain and hail. 

Edit: Do you think it's time for a cold spell discussion yet? I might create a new thread but maybe it's too early. 

Edited by 10123

Posted

It wasn't meant to be visible!!!

I think the real question here is since when were you a Moderator? l always assumed you had to have 'Moderator' underneath your user-name. 

Undercover perhaps??   :shok:  :)

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Ive had 3. Im expecting tempertures to dip down below freezing here this week so maybe the first airfrost. Very early.

Posted

Ive had 3. Im expecting tempertures to dip down below freezing here this week so maybe the first airfrost. Very early.

BBC weather Main and regional are all going for a ground frost which would certainly be earlier than previous years. Current prediction is for a low of 2.c from the 5-day forecast, give or take 1-2.c we may scrape zero but I doubt it. 

Posted

Edit: Do you think it's time for a cold spell discussion yet? I might create a new thread but maybe it's too early. 

Theres no snow forecast so i would advice not too.

Any reports/disscussion of potential ground frost(even air frost for some!) should probably be posted in here personally. Must say your excitement is really affecting your posts, wintry showers and cold spell discussion and its only the 14th of September. :)