Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Frost!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Amazing what living close to the coast can do to your temperatures. (Im 30 miles from the coast though).

Minimum here of 6.5c but I don't think that's accurate IMO. Even Crosby recorded 4.9c last night and they are situated right next to the sea. My location (surrounded by houses) probably influenced my readings last night, with all the muppets turning on the heating and what not.

Still though, not even close to an air frost. :whistling:

I think we will have to wait until late October here.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

First slight ground frost at 3.8c so the coldest since this date 3 years ago.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/2007/Rrea00120070927.gif

As that chart above gave a ground frost,last night was the earliest sept frost since 2003 by just a day.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

It was the lowest I have recorded around here in September (previous -1.3c in 2007), fairly unusual for October even, although -3.7c in 2008 stands out for that month.

My location (surrounded by houses) probably influenced my readings last night, with all the muppets turning on the heating and what not.

Did not need the heating on here last night. Try to keep it off until well into October!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

It was the lowest I have recorded around here in September (previous -1.3c in 2007), fairly unusual for October even, although -3.7c in 2008 stands out for that month.

Did not need the heating on here last night. Try to keep it off until well into October!

-1.8 here was our finishing figure, everything was iced over this morning and didnt thaw till about nine o clock felt like a lovely winters m orning. But already I can see the runner beans have wilted and burned, marigolds are on the flop and the nastirciums have gone all soft. I guess this is natures way of telling them times up haha.

Posted

-1.8 here was our finishing figure, everything was iced over this morning and didnt thaw till about nine o clock felt like a lovely winters m orning. But already I can see the runner beans have wilted and burned, marigolds are on the flop and the nastirciums have gone all soft. I guess this is natures way of telling them times up haha.

Still a hint of shade frost here although its now 7c in the air, very autumnal. Beautifully sunny though.

Posted

Still a touch of grass frost on the shaded strip of the lawn! Temp 11c.

Posted

Frost on shed roofs here early this morning. Nothing anywhere else though.

Last year our first frost was 8th October, but my rubbish record-keeping means I don't know if that was a ground frost or what, so I cannot say whether or not this year's first frost is earlier thatn last year's. :whistling:

Note to self........keep better records!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Had it on a couple of times around here!

Posted

We're still a long way from an air frost here with a min temp so far of 6.3C. Last night was a world away from further west, with a min of 10.1C!

It would be very unusual to see an air frost before mid-late October though in this location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

2.1C here last night. 13c now

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

No air frost yet here, minimum of 0.4c so far this weekend, however the corsock weather station along the road was reading -1.6c whilst at the same time it was 2.4c here at 7.45am this morning.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

BBC reporing that -4C was achieved in Scotland, the coldest since 1993.

Posted

BBC reporing that -4C was achieved in Scotland, the coldest since 1993.

Where has it been reporting this?

Posted

Where has it been reporting this?

The week ahead forecast after the Daily Politics show on BBC1 at 12.10.

Posted

The week ahead forecast after the Daily Politics show on BBC1 at 12.10.

Ok thank you I'll go and watch it on the old Iplayer now. Can't fault Iplayer and it's in my language too :D

Posted

Ok thank you I'll go and watch it on the old Iplayer now. Can't fault Iplayer and it's in my language too :)

It was -4.2 at Tulloch Bridge. Mind the site is 237m above sea level between Glencoe and Braemar.

Posted

Well my weather station recorded +5 on Friday Morning, not far off a frost. Nearly getting there.

Something of interest... My link anyone else seen this site?

Do you have a name, or do people call you POBM ??

Posted

Wonder if parts of the West will see a frost again tonight? Clear and getting cold after a sunny day.

Currently 8.3c and falling at 2.5c per hour.

Posted

Suspect we got down to around 3 degrees or so last night. It was 6 degrees at 10.00pm. There was some stubborn patchy cloud which prevented temps dropping close to freezing, had the cloud dissapated I think we would have got very close to an air frost - though Shap never so perhaps not.

This morning dawned dissapointingly cloudy so no evidence of any patch light frost, real shame as I was up early.

Tonight looks quite cloudy can't see mins dropping much lower than 6 degrees.

Still the past couple of nights have been noticeably cold for so early in the season and we have had three days now with max at or below 13 degrees some 3 degrees below the norm.

Posted

Wonder if parts of the West will see a frost again tonight? Clear and getting cold after a sunny day.

Currently 8.3c and falling at 2.5c per hour.

Could very well cureenyly 7.2 here if anything clearer than yesterday but the temperatures have slightly further to fall a wouldn't be shocked to see a groundfrost but I don't think an airfrost is on the cards tonight :/.

Posted

Well, its colder than yesterday evening at 6.1c now (fall of 3.6c past hour!), so if it stays clear should be an air frost here around midnight as it is calm too.

BBC just said SW Wales could get close to freezing and it looked like west of Aberystwyth to Sennybridge will just about keep clear until dawn- should that be the case -last nights figure looks beatable (-3c in September would be quite something!).

Posted

Well, its colder than yesterday evening at 6.1c now (fall of 3.6c past hour!), so if it stays clear should be an air frost here around midnight as it is calm too.

BBC just said SW Wales could get close to freezing and it looked like west of Aberystwyth to Sennybridge will just about keep clear until dawn- should that be the case -last nights figure looks beatable (-3c in September would be quite something!).

Well there we are then odds on for an airfrost here again. Is Wales on the whole frostier than England? Because we always seem to have frostier conditions or is this jst a misconception? Currently 5.9 here atm :whistling: temp is plummeting.