Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

November CET

Posted

If we can get a sub five november that is going to dent the annual cet even further, going to mean 4 really cold months in the year and also going to be a huge turnaround from the b eginning og them month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I personally doubt we'll get below 5.4C before corrections, most likely 5.5C or 5.6C.

Last week should average just below 0C, which going by the stats Mr Data posted would put us in the top 5 coldest final weeks of November on record.

Posted

I personally doubt we'll get below 5.4C before corrections, most likely 5.5C or 5.6C.

Last week should average just below 0C, which going by the stats Mr Data posted would put us in the top 5 coldest final weeks of November on record.

Certainly likely to turn out to be a very cold last week for November and possible one of the coldest since records began.. however, Nightime minima will probably be kept from dropping too far due to lots of cloud and wind in the CET zone early next week.

The start to December for Scotland is looking like one of the coldest in a long time with those heights building to the north.

Posted

6.6C to the 26th

Yesterday was 0.1C

Last night was -3.6C so a sub zero CET day likely today and 6.3C likely to be the value tomorrow

Edited by Stu_London

Posted

-0.5C is looking do able at the moment though its going to require something perhaps close to record breaking for the time of year...

That being said I suspect we will be just shy, but we will nearly certainly be in the top 5 coldest last weeks in November which is even more exceptional then the first 10 days of Jan 2010, suspect we will come in pretty much slapbang on 0C once all is said and done.

Also whats the coldest max CET for the time of year?

Could well be close to it by Tuesday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

some very low temperatures for November showing up now in the CET zone

don't know if they are forecast to get this low

Birmingham -8

Manchester -8

East Midlands -7

And still a few hours for them to fall further

Maybe the CET get down to 5c before the month is out.

Edited by thunderman24

Posted

-8.c beats anything recorded in January (-7.5c was the low back then)

That really is unbelievable.

That's phenomenal! To think it's going to get even colder, too. :cold:

We shall be running out of superlatives before long. :lol:

Posted

-8.0C would be the second coldest November day in the daily CET minimum series (Which starts in 1878). Only November 24th 1904 was colder (-8.6C).

Since the -8.0C is stil subject to quality control there is still a chance that today will have the lowest minimum in the series.

Posted

The coldest November since 1993 looks a real possibility now

A value of 6.0C will also ensure the coolest Autumn since 1993 aswell - though that wouldnt take much as theres only been one other below average Autumn between then and now (2008).

Posted

It will be very interesting to see how low today's daily CET comes out, given the exceptionally low minimum (-8.0C) and maxima quite a bit below zero today in the CET zone:

maxtemp28112010.png

I think the lowest ever daily CET for November is -4.6C (24th November 1904), which incidentally equals the coldest value recorded last winter. I can't quite see this record falling - what do you guys think?

Posted

It will be very interesting to see how low today's daily CET comes out, given the exceptionally low minimum (-8.0C) and maxima quite a bit below zero today in the CET zone:

maxtemp28112010.png

I think the lowest ever daily CET for November is -4.6C (24th November 1904), which incidentally equals the coldest value recorded last winter. I can't quite see this record falling - what do you guys think?

I can see something provisional like -4.0C to -4.3C - its possible the record could go when the recalebrating takes place at the month end.

Posted

Widespread ice day for many, probably the first in November since 1993 for many. Here we just missed out on a ice day, climbing to 0.5 degrees briefly. Good chance we will see one tomorrow, tonight should be much colder due to fresh snow cover and clearing skies by dawn.

Posted

What ever the drop is today expect exactly the same for tomorrow going by tonights temps so far its -10.4 here and its not 7 o clock :o. Many places down in the -4/-5 region already.

Posted

This will be a moment frozen in time, bet there is a -5 daily CET if not today then tomorrow. The welcoming committee for this month, when it stumbles in from the cold, will be pretty sparse ...

Trickydicky 4.9

yours truly 5.4

and I think I shall concede to Mr. Nixon right now the way this is falling out of the sky.

Posted

Seems to be dropping about 0.3C a day by now, so I'd expect final figure to be around ~5.5°C.

Posted

These days are cold enough to shave off 0.4 each day -- and then there's the end-of-month adjustment which seems to average -0.2 as a correction.

I won't be surprised if the final value is 4.8 to 5.0 ... Craig Evans was so close (until the 5th).

(sorry Craig, I know you only predict record highs for fun, so I'm having some fun)

Posted

I could see in the Spanish TV that the cold spell in UK is so hard...well in the TV said that the last November like this in UK was in 1993...but is the TV..the TV everywinter said that is the coldest winter since 10 years.

Some temperatures at 22:34 (Spanish hour, 21:34 British hour) in Spain

Cotos (Madrid) 1800masl: -13º

Burgos City (North of Castilla y León880 masl: -4º

Segovia City (Castilla y León) 1010masl: -3,2º

Valladolid City (capital city of Castilla y León)680masl: -2,3º

Villalba (Madrid) 917masl: 0º

Las Rozas (Madrid) 700 masl: 0,8º

Zaragoza airport200 masl: 1º

Madrid City 685masl: 2,5º

Bilbao airport: 61masl: 3º

Granada City 650masl: 4º

Sevilla 44masl: 9,2º

Málaga City 25masl: 9,8º

Barcelona 18masl: 9,9º

Since tomorrow untill Tuesday night, there will be snowfalls in some places of the Center Spain (Madrid, Valladolid, Segovia, Ãvila, Salamanca etc)

In my city, close to Madrid we are below 4º degrees since Thursday..it is a bit strange because it is often in the end of December and January.

Edited by MeteoMadrid

Posted

Hey Stu,

Just reffering back to our chat about my annual CET monthly guesses made in January,. look what i guessed for Nov:

LOL

My guesses:

jan feb mar apr may jun jul aug sep oct nov dec

1.5 3.1 7.4 9.1 10.2 14.1 17.2 17.2 13.4 10.0 5.1 3.7

Stu: I think you still might be behind me (my figs are above in brakcets next to yours) but a pretty good shout so far out - you might be close to 9.6 for the year too

Mine and your differences:

Jan 0.1 from average (0.2 out)

Feb 0.3 from average (0.1 out)

Mar 1.3 from average (0.2 out)

Apr 0.3 from average (exact)

May -0.5 from average (0.2 out)

June -1.1 from average (0.1 out)

July 0.1 from average (0.3 out)

Aug 1.9 from average (0.5 out)

Sept -0.4 from average (0.4 out)

Oct -0.3 from average (0.5 out)

Posted

Wow -8C for a Min!!

Jeez that is unreal, beats even last Jan for surface cold overnight and thats WITHOUT snowcover for some parts of the country. Max temp probably was something close to the -1C mark.

Min shouldn't be as cold tonight simply because we have picked up something of a easterly flow which is moderating the eastern zones temps upto say -2C as an average, though the west is still severely cold with probably figures averaging -8C again...

Also that massive -8C last night combined with a surpressed max should mean we have a huge chance of having the coldest last week of November, indeed we will probably smash the record at this rate!

-0.5C required for it to be the coldest last week in November in well over 200 years!!

Totally exceptional...I think if you had told people that we'd probably have the coldest ever end to November in recorded history during 2010 back in the 04-08 winter era many people would have laughed you out of town!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Quite but still the Bbc forecasts by and large do not acknowledge this is climate history in the making. Just listened to radio 4 forecasts you would nt guess its other than an ordinary cold snap- indeed thats the term he used. Also chilly! A reporter in Scotland said 'this early winter cold snap' its AUTUMN. Why are they underplaying this? Must be the a socio-political agenda at work to alleviate public mass panic and also given an extreme spell like this goes against GW.