Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 3 Counties And East Anglia Spring Weather Discussion

Cookie

Posted

Hi Weather boy....nice to see another Royston resident on here, though I'm currently with the kids and so in Broxbourne.

I think we could wake up in the morning not knowing whether it's snowed or not....I can't see it being disruptive south of the Midlands....just wet snow if any.

I think the temps will pick up when it comes....and I've certainly noticed the BBC are not as intent about surrounding London with snow as they were on their graphics....the rain graphics are definitely marching north!

Hi, yes I had noticed you from Royston - in fact I have a feeling there is someone else also. Raining here, but the temp is falling and it's not unusual for it to be rain-snow-rain and comments from west of us (MK) back this up, so we may well get some snow still, although I suspect that it will be too brief to be very exciting - maybe a couple of hours. Current temp 1.2. As I said before surface temps very far from telling the whole story, but that's easily cold enough for snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Good Morning, what a grey and slushy one it is - about 50% of the snow cover has been washed away here overnight the rest is in a bit of a soggy state apart from the two foot deep snow pile on my drive which I'm holding on to for now !!

Temp: 2.3 °C

Windchill: 0 °C

Humidity: 97%

Dew Point: 2 °C

Posted

Some very heavy rain overnight, the garden is soaked. Still, I thought the rain would wash the snow away but there's actually still some on the ground, albeit very slushy. Temp currently 1.6c with a low overnight of 1.2c.

Edited by Tom D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

So much for the big BBC snow event, talking about loud, confident and WRONG. I thought it might happen if Temps dropped away close to freezing last night - but they didn't, it was 2C at midnight here and just starting to rain. I have experienced so many of these BBC snow 'let downs', so I didn't expect snow last night! Net weather was spot on with the forcast, 2C and ice rain!!

Posted

Well, it's quite nice to see the road defrosting a bit. It'll be good to be able to take the car out without risking life and limb in the first three seconds of the journey.

Very, very murky here. The fog has lifted a little since this morning but doesn't look like its going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Posted

Very murky and foggy here too. Nice to go out and drive without worrying. Mind you, with all that fog...beware of the fish. As my youngest said this morning having watched doctor who at the weekend. :D

Posted

Very murky and foggy here too. Nice to go out and drive without worrying. Mind you, with all that fog...beware of the fish. As my youngest said this morning having watched doctor who at the weekend. :D

Hi Milly, Fog starting to come down here now - lol @ the fish - I'm just going out as well, I will have to make sure I keep singing !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Another foggy night here too. And the temp's wow, im thinking of putting on my shorts and t-shirt!! :smilz38:

Its amazing how it has gone from -4c a couple of days ago to a high of 7c today. I felt hot in bed last night, and i've had my heating off all day and evening as i don't feel cold.

So are we in for anything in the coming weeks? I have had a look at the charts and it looks like there could be cold weather moving back over us towards the end of next week????? Or am I wrong??? :doh:

Im just starting to understand all the charts. Lol

Happy New Year to all just incase i'm not on before new year. Enjoy :drunk::drinks:

Posted

:excl: January and February are expected to be significantly colder than average, with further snow for most of the country, and it will be no surprise at all if this persists until mid-March.':excl:

Nice to see the Daily Mail are on one again ......

post-10773-0-83667500-1293700444_thumb.j

Brace yourselves for a 'mini ice age': This winter set to be coldest in 300 YEARS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342515/UK-snow-big-freeze-weather-means-winter-set-coldest-300-YEARS.html#ixzz19ZiWxxrz

Posted

Very foggy outside here as well although warm.

A couple of hours ago out of curiosity I looked at the long term Metcheck forecast, for 13th January it is showing heavy snow symbol never seen that before usually it just shows snow showers.

Just caught Anglia weather possible sleet/snow for Sunday but everything can change before then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
whistling.gif

Well it does look like getting colder from Saturday with cold front coming down from the north and it looks as though temperatures on Monday could be near of just above zero. I have one patch of snow remaining and the fish pond has one small bit of ice left which may increase again.

I see the toys out of the pram and IMBY comments have been flying around within the model thread as to what happens later next week. Shame really as there are some good posts however they seem to get lost in the rubbish.

I don't think I am going mad but does she had two sets of daytime maximum temperatures on the board at the end of the broadcast, take a look here under the local tab :smiliz23:

http://news.bbc.co.u...t/312?area=MK42

Chris

Edited by Chris Mantle

Posted

Hi, yes I had noticed you from Royston - in fact I have a feeling there is someone else also. Raining here, but the temp is falling and it's not unusual for it to be rain-snow-rain and comments from west of us (MK) back this up, so we may well get some snow still, although I suspect that it will be too brief to be very exciting - maybe a couple of hours. Current temp 1.2. As I said before surface temps very far from telling the whole story, but that's easily cold enough for snow.

MEEEEEE...? Well, north of Royston and over the border in Cambridgeshire - I'm in Barrington.

I've been driving through damp and misty Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire today and just got home to find postie has delivered the SmartWeather wireless weather station that I ordered from Amazon well before Christmas, when the temperatures were pretty exciting for these parts. Tomorrow I'm going to mount it out in the middle of the garden, which is now more duckpond than lawn (quite literally, I have a lot of birds)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

I don't think I am going mad but does she had two sets of daytime maximum temperatures on the board at the end of the broadcast, take a look here under the local tab :smiliz23:

http://news.bbc.co.u...t/312?area=MK42

Chris

Isn't the bottom one the windchill?

Posted

postie has delivered the SmartWeather wireless weather station that I ordered from Amazon well before Christmas, when the temperatures were pretty exciting for these parts. Tomorrow I'm going to mount it out in the middle of the garden, which is now more duckpond than lawn (quite literally, I have a lot of birds)!

Maybe a stupid question but curious if temperatures get down really low again can your weather station break? If its outside?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Happy New Year all :smiliz34:

Keep an eye on this thread..

Could prove interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Happy new year to all,enjoy yourselves. WINTER NOT FINISHED YET, BOY its been a good one so far....smiliz19.gifdrinks.gifdrunk.gifsmiliz39.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Hi all happy new year to everyone!!! back from the christmas break, see this thread has gone dead in the past week since i was last on...so glad that iv gone on here and hardly no one is talking about snow in the next few weeks, as i do believe some people on here do get rather over excited, lets take a day at a time and see what 2011 jan and feb will bring