Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England & Channel Islands - Cold Spell Discussion Part 16

dogs32

Posted

I have the ppn aproaching and it should be here very soon now and current temp is 0.5c so it could be interesting. :rolleyes:

would crack up if you were snowed under lol. what has your temperature been all evening? is it still dropping?

Posted

Looks like all the PPN is going up the Irish Sea, just a bit over SW moving north ish.

Oh and all the PPN is rain rain rain.

yes just looked at the radar and it has changed alot since I last looked. Well glad it is going up irish sea, I don't like rain lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I can report that at nearly 300m we have......... (drum roll) :whistling: damn light Sleet!!!!! :wallbash::cray:

Probably fall as snow in heavier ppn. As it got here temp pulled up to 1.6c and I got sleet, what a travesty of justice. :cray:

I give up time for bed.

Posted

I'm off to bed now. Just looked quickly at the local weather station and temp is dropping, it's now 0.6 here so who knows what'll happen. Probably nothing tbh as it looks like it's barely pushing up as far as Devizes and the main band is in the Irish sea.

Oh well, roll on February!

Posted

Snowing here!!!

As usual its fizzling over Bristol - had some rain with, I think, 1 snowflake mixed in.

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted

As usual its fizzling over Bristol - had some rain with, I think, 1 snowflake mixed in.

Moderate snow now, nice big flakes lol, i honestly expected rain tonight. settling too. Lol blizzard conditions just now, crazy.

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted

To make all you Bristolians feel better, we have here in Gloucester, heavy heavy RAIN! lol! It woke me up earlier beating on the window. How very wrong did they get it yesterday?? :smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Just heavy rain here in Weston, with the Temp around 2c.

Posted

Can't believe that Phelpsy. In Hereford we've had heavy snow from the go. Temperature still only 0.1c

We have snow here too — 15 miles north of you. Also getting some very short power cuts and few sags.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Tipping it down here with rain, so much for gritting the roads!

Posted

Pouring with rain earlier, but more showery now. When I went out at about 6am it was chucking it down and I realised that it has been ages since we had any heavy rain! Heavy rain is quite exciting weather though. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Heavy sleet this morning but just rain since around 8ish. Time for me to book holiday and pack netweather away for a couple of mild weeks, :whistling::rolleyes:

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Was expecting some snow this morning seeing as it wasn't forecast for this area (seems the way the forecasts have gone this winter anyway).

But instead, heavy rain until about 8am when the temperature had climbed to 3C, now back down to 2.4C so not sure what's going on there lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Heavy sleet this morning but just rain since around 8ish. Time for me to book holiday and pack netweather away for a couple of mild weeks, :whistling::rolleyes:

yep, 10 - 14 day holiday from the cold weather now!! Time for a break, and relaxation! Lol!

I'll still be keeping an eye on some potential gales next week though, they could be interesting!

From next weekend onwards, that's when we should get back to model watching closely, as there could be a return to cold then, but we need to get through this week and get it into a reliable timeframe first! Very good trend from models for a cold end to January though, along with forecasting!!

Enjoy the break from the cold! It is just a break though, I don't think it's finished with us yet!!

Posted

Well was expecting something a bit wintry in Glos early on (perhaps it did when we was asleep?). Not even raining now, doesn't look as bad here for the rest of the day as initially thought.

Quite looking forward to a wet and windy spell now, haven't seen one for ages (was out the country in November).

Edited by glosteroldboy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Heavy rain here last night and this morning, currently a not so chilly 9.1C. Up from 1.1C at about 2am.

Mild air is here then. Shame its not sunny with it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just heavy rain here in Weston, with the Temp around 2c.

Worst possible weather in my book, cold rain.yuk!!! If it's going to rain then at least be very mild along with it!!

I see the next cold spell is still showing in the models to start around the 19/20th, I even see some comparisons to 1947 being made, we shall see :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Worst possible weather in my book, cold rain.yuk!!! If it's going to rain then at least be very mild along with it!!

I see the next cold spell is still showing in the models to start around the 19/20th, I even see some comparisons to 1947 being made, we shall see :D

Some mild rainy weather next week for you! Lol!

Could see temps get into the mid teens next week in favoured places!

Only in this country can you experience -15c and +15c all in a 4 week timeframe! Lol!