Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincs And The Pennines - Cold Spell Discussion 13

Paul

Posted

Still a few snow piles in dinnington rotherham southyorkshire, impressive indeed!

Same around here mate, but obviously not very high now lol.The forecast of a wet evening and night here has gone wrong, as there has only been around 1 hour of light rain and it's been dry for the last few hours :rolleyes:

Posted

Quite chilly here, currently 3.2c, DP -0.7c.

I would imagine there would be some front edge wet snow or sleet for many, although only short lived with any snow continuing on the highest of the ground and even here it will soon be replaced by milder air.

Posted

Surprised to see it so cold, currently -0.2c and dropping DP -1.8c.

If we don't see snowfall we will see freezing rain for sure,

Posted

The rest of the week looks dull, rain and 10C temps! Mild and muggy!

Im so looking forward to getting up and not instantly freezing me ass off biggrin.gif. All I want from the rest of this winter is just one big easterly, thats all!

Something like this:

Rrea00119870112.gif

Rrea00219870112.gif

Posted

Yes, we need a mega easterly we are long overdue on. Last one of note is probably 1991, of course the 1st December snow event was a big deal for S.Yorks but it wasn't what I would call a proper easterly, more a big streamer.

Might get lucky with some snow tonight, temperature at -0.7c, forecast 3.c for this time.

Edited by cheeserice

Posted

The pile of snow from when I dug my car out on 1st December has finally completely melted today. Its a shame we havent had any since christmas as I was hoping it would remain until spring :)

It'll feel rather mild from tomorrow onwards, especially so after the very cold December. Theres not much positive in the charts for cold lovers though. Anything remains strictly in FI for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The pile of snow from when I dug my car out on 1st December has finally completely melted today. Its a shame we havent had any since christmas as I was hoping it would remain until spring :)

Just three very small fragments of snow drifts remaining here from the snow which fell at the end of November, they will certainly be gone by this afternoon.

I suppose there may be a few more if I were to examine the whole moor more thoroughly but effectively from this afternoon the only lying snow here will be the heaps where it's been shovelled.

Posted

Been surfing today and it wasnt mild!!! The sea kept the temp way down as its only 6c!

Posted

I welcome the current weather, been able to get things done, went weight training tonight, went for a run earlier, it's lovely and mild out there compared to what we have experienced over the past 2 months!

I'm even going fishing tomorrow at Rushlyvars in Hedon, top temp tomorrow should hit 12c, possibly 13c.

Lewis

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Went for a drive and a walk around the howardian hills today, lovely winter weather, surprised to see that the great lake at castle howard still has over 50% ice on it. wish it would snow though :( currently 0.4c so its cold enough for it :whistling:

Posted

Steps in the right direction!

h850t850eu.png

Just when I was beggining to think all was lost! I'm no expert but this weekend looking pretty chilly with snow showers blowing in from the North.

Hopefully it will be on the next run and the forum will pick up a bit again this weekend! biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I never lost faith in the weather. It was becoming crazy when everyone began jumping on the bandwagon saying its correct all the way out to T240 and the high would be around for weeks. Try as we might, weather cannot be predicted with any degree of certainty beyond 4 days all you can do is spot a 'trend'. And even then the trend can do a 360degree U-turn as has happened so so many times in the past I have lost count.

Not that I am saying this weekend is certain for snow it could just as easily flip back again, but I'd be very surprised if it did. This winter has been uncanny so far.

Edited by djrikki

Posted

Went for a drive and a walk around the howardian hills today, lovely winter weather, surprised to see that the great lake at castle howard still has over 50% ice on it. wish it would snow though :( currently 0.4c so its cold enough for it :whistling:

Hi Vizzy

Yeah, the lake looks really nice atm. Did you notice all the Swans?

A chilly start this morning too with temperatures down to -3

Edit: I should be passing the lake on my way to the shops today, so I'll see if I can take a couple of pics and post them on here.

Posted

Travelled between Kendal and Leeds today via Lancaster on the train. Left a very misty and chilly Lake District at 6am temps of 1 degree but no frost whatsoever, this mistly cloud only cleared when I hit Skipton, and I was surprised to see white frost in Leeds City Centre on my arrival. Very odd that the frost appeared when I hit the urban area....

Conversely on my return I arrived back to a white frost on my car and temps of 1 degree. The air must be different to this morning to produce the frost. I wasn't expecting such a frost to develop so early. Then again we do have light winds, clear skies and it is mid winter - temps under such conditions quickly drop like a stone.

Posted

just to let you lot know that my friend who lives in st.ives west cornwall said right now its -1c to -2c!!! checked on xcweather and it is -1c in west cornwall! just shows how easy it can be to get cold again!

Posted

Travelled between Kendal and Leeds today via Lancaster on the train. Left a very misty and chilly Lake District at 6am temps of 1 degree but no frost whatsoever, this mistly cloud only cleared when I hit Skipton, and I was surprised to see white frost in Leeds City Centre on my arrival. Very odd that the frost appeared when I hit the urban area....

Yep, urban areas aren't seeing cold temperatures at all with quite a harsh hoar frost.

Strange really, considering this morning temps were no lower than 2.8c in Leeds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Thanks Craig :D

Another frosty start here, with temperatures around -1c

Hi Brian,

Yes there were lots of swans, the lake was pretty much covered in all different types of birds, your lucky to live near there mate, such a lovely area, don't suppose you know of a small temple (folly) on top of a hill just outside Hovingham?

Vizzy

Posted

An unexpected air frost this morning, with the temperature dropping to -0.7C despite quite a lot of cloud floating about.

Similar weather today too, with partly cloudy conditions and sunny spells. Cool though with a max of 5.6C.