Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Minimum of just 3.6C this morning and a DP of 1.6C, very cool for the time of year. Max today of 14.8C. Some frost during the week maybe?

At least if it's frosty, it's not pis*ing down with rain as it is again here.

Posted

So how do we change the weather patterns and bring the good weather in??

Well the answer is perfectly obvious we are just going to have do a ritual sacrafice, who wants to volunteer - your reward will be great in the afterlife.... is that FrostyJoes hand I see sticking up??

Posted

So how do we change the weather patterns and bring the good weather in??

Well the answer is perfectly obvious we are just going to have do a ritual sacrafice, who wants to volunteer - your reward will be great in the afterlife.... is that FrostyJoes hand I see sticking up??

LOL acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm Chaser, Weathermen and Radar Operator

Inniu: Scaipthe ar dtús leis an bháisteach éadrom nó Ceobhrán in áiteanna. Spells Roinnt gile a fhorbairt ach le baol cithfholcadáin, b'fhéidir, na éirí trom ar fud an leath thuaidh den Ríocht Aontaithe san iarnóin.

Today: Cloudy at first with light rain or drizzle in places. Some brighter spells developing but with a risk of showers, these possibly becoming heavy across the northern half of the United Kingdom in the afternoon.

Posted

Inniu: Scaipthe ar dtús leis an bháisteach éadrom nó Ceobhrán in áiteanna. Spells Roinnt gile a fhorbairt ach le baol cithfholcadáin, b'fhéidir, na éirí trom ar fud an leath thuaidh den Ríocht Aontaithe san iarnóin.

Today: Cloudy at first with light rain or drizzle in places. Some brighter spells developing but with a risk of showers, these possibly becoming heavy across the northern half of the United Kingdom in the afternoon.

Have to say we had a really pleasant afternoon here - it was the wee girls first sports day so the weather gods were very kind to us, I told you a ritual scrafice would work :whistling:

Posted

Another awful day with more rain for the foreseeable, maybe the odd better day.

Is this a normal summer for Ireland?

Yup

Phissing down again.

Its SAD that we are getting SAD disorder in June at the minute any half dry day is a bonus at the minute even the trees up here look like they are getting ready for autumn :nonono:

Posted

No doubt about it Pomeroy, this is a shocking summer.

My good lady and I have decided to rip out the garden plants and flowers and grass it over, it's not worth the expense.

Posted

No doubt about it Pomeroy, this is a shocking summer.

My good lady and I have decided to rip out the garden plants and flowers and grass it over, it's not worth the expense.

Try growing veg my good friend onions, leeks and carrots love this weather, I didn't bother with flowers this year after the last two years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

We had our summer in April, so stop complaining ye 2 :p

Posted

Hopefully with High pressure building from Thursday things will settle down for a while. I will believe when i see it though as the models have predicted this before for it not to happen.

Posted

Hopefully with High pressure building from Thursday things will settle down for a while. I will believe when i see it though as the models have predicted this before for it not to happen.

Fingers crossed mickopla - welcome to the Ireland Forum - my mums parents hail from the Nire Valley in Waterford so they are my hurling team!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

really depressing weather, another awful summer. hopefully a cold snowy winter will make up for it. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

really depressing weather, another awful summer. hopefully a cold snowy winter will make up for it. :rolleyes:

Agreed. I have no problems with crappy summer weather if it means we'll get a decent winter! Saying that, 'tis a beautiful morning here in Cork, the most clear blue skies I've seen in a while.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Well the last few summers havent been great and they were followed by some very interesting winter weather so maybe the omens are good for more interesting winter weather this yr. We seem to be stuck in a pattern of poor summers followed by cold winters which is fine with me.

Posted

Agreed. I have no problems with crappy summer weather if it means we'll get a decent winter! Saying that, 'tis a beautiful morning here in Cork, the most clear blue skies I've seen in a while.

hi sundog, :)

I can put up with a wet summer if we get a cold snowy winter. :cold:

Well the last few summers havent been great and they were followed by some very interesting winter weather so maybe the omens are good for more interesting winter weather this yr. We seem to be stuck in a pattern of poor summers followed by cold winters which is fine with me.

hi there bftv, :) I dunno what the sun looks like anymore. just days of endless cloud with rain on and off. :(

except for yesterday and today, I find this summer is cold :cold:

Posted

Hi stormforce,

Hopefully we will get another great cold spell sometime next winter. Looks like this summer will be another poor one overall although there is still 2 months of it left, i think any long range forecasts that predicted a hot dry summer are bust though LOL.

As it so happens today i recorded the warmest day of the summer so far for my location a max of 25.2c

Posted

Hi stormforce,

Hopefully we will get another great cold spell sometime next winter. Looks like this summer will be another poor one overall although there is still 2 months of it left, i think any long range forecasts that predicted a hot dry summer are bust though LOL.

As it so happens today i recorded the warmest day of the summer so far for my location a max of 25.2c

no such temps here sundog,

saturday felt quite humid, maybe 21c,but raining with it. <_<

I would be surprised to see temps getting above 21c in july, I see a showery westerly pattern kicking in, just my interpretation. :whistling:

Posted

Christ it nearly as busy as the winter forum in here!!

Now don't shoot me but right now the thought of a cold winter if (when) we have another poor summer actually depresses me dry.gif

Ah but i bet you wont be saying that when the first flakes start to fall LOL.

I would not mind some hot sunny weather for a week or so sometime this summer although i wont be too upset if we dont get that type of weather- i get tired of hot weather pretty fast anyway. No sign of any hot settled weather on the cards yet thats for sure.

Posted

Ah but i bet you wont be saying that when the first flakes start to fall LOL.

I would not mind some hot sunny weather for a week or so sometime this summer although i wont be too upset if we dont get that type of weather- i get tired of hot weather pretty fast anyway. No sign of any hot settled weather on the cards yet thats for sure.

Going by this summer so far that should be next week then :doh:

I just want some nice weather for the weans is it too much to ask??

That said its a lovely morning here :good: