Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion UK

Coast

Posted

Very nice indeed. Shame about the 200 mile wide band between the ones in France and the Ones in the UK. Some of us have to suffer this blum.gif

I know but you will get used to it...

Just had my first rumble. :)

I bet it was the same one I heard earlier. I wasn't even looking out of the window and I noticed a flash - must've been a powerful one as it is pretty bright out there anyway! Thunder from it was impressive :) Since then back to the more distant rumbles.

Showing more signs of movement away ne'wards on the latest radar though. So I think it's time to start looing to the south and southwest for storms now :)

Edited by Ari

Posted

I bet it was the same one I heard earlier. I wasn't even looking out of the window and I noticed a flash - must've been a powerful one as it is pretty bright out there anyway! Thunder from it was impressive :) Since then back to the more distant rumbles.

That makes me more hopeful. I need to 'patiently' wait for the next Rain Today radar. :winky:

EDIT: Oh, just had another too. Hurry up storm!

Edited by IAmJohnnyDisco

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

post-10181-0-17620200-1303570286_thumb.j

This is to my south east, don't think its doing much yet and not sure which direction its moving, seems to be north, doubt it will come near me though! Would be nice if some of those over SW England could come up here! Which direction are these storms moving?? as its hard to tell on raintoday, they don't seem to be moving much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

post-11361-0-56236100-1303570397_thumb.p

-

i have just updated my thunderstorm risk areas - see below box

update

post-11361-0-84384200-1303570452_thumb.p

:drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Just heard loud rumble in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, some red spots on raintoday too developing over us and crawley where I live

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

post-11361-0-56236100-1303570397_thumb.p

-

i have just updated my thunderstorm risk areas - see below box

update

post-11361-0-84384200-1303570452_thumb.p

:drinks:

still not a cloud in the sky.. i hope your right!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Will the showers in kent develop near the north east coast??

At the grandparents in deal, looking at the dark blobs over cranbrook area :aggressive:

Posted

The clouds are certainly bubbling up around this way - this looks to be the most promising of storm potential this year so far...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks quite good on the welsh Borders. :D Is this line due to move this way over the rest of the afternoon and evening?

Posted
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton

Looks like as soon as the region of low-level had passed a short time ago and the winds veered north-westerly, convection just fell apart. Incredible to watch. One moment I was looking at defined TCu to my west, and then soon after the skies are clear. Just the way it goes I suppose.

has that low level thingy past me yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

post-11361-0-05693300-1303570963_thumb.p

checked the sat and radar ive needed to update again!! some severe weather breaking out in many places - storms lasting into night ,many of us should get some good displays this eve and tonight :drinks: some massive cumulnimbus going up all around now

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Enjoy whatever you get rest of the country, because the Chesterfield storm shield is in full effect right now. It feels like I might as well not bother, nothing's going to happen here. :wallbash:

Posted

IOW sferic looks like a shot gun blast but nothing in the middle. The sferic is looking really poor actually no real organised TS anywhere really. Still not a cloud in the sky here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Large, cold drops of rain in Keswick, it feels like January at just 9C. Just 20 miles east in Penrith it is some 8 degrees warmer at 17C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Looks like as soon as the region of low-level converging winds had passed a short time ago and the winds veered north-westerly, convection just fell apart. Incredible to watch. One moment I was looking at defined TCu to my west, and then soon after the skies are clear. Just the way it goes I suppose.

I know, I just cried into my Bicardi :cray:

Posted

The Telford shield is striking again, dark skies to the west of here but going to dodge us again.

Posted

Massive explosion in convection in last 30 mins. Thunder just to the east now but looks like widespread but localised storms are actually possible now almost anywhere

http://www.sat24.com/gb

N France similar.

These are diurnal heating driven and there is little little shear so will be pulse type storms for the most part triggered by high ground and sea breezes.

25.2C here - hotest day of the year for the 5th day running !

Guest Kent-Weather

Impressive cloudscapes now appearing S/W and N of here in Medway. Haze to the north making it impossible to catch the very high shooting cumulus on camera.

post-7102-0-61240100-1303571317_thumb.jp

post-7102-0-52175500-1303571324_thumb.jp