2. 2. Will Autumn Rainfall be?

• Well Above Average
    • Above Average
    • Slightly Above Average
    • Average
    • Slightly Below Average
    • Below Average
    • Well Below Average
  3. 3. What Will Be the Highest Temperature?

4. 4. What Will Be the Lowest Temperature in Autumn?

5. 5. When will the first Snowfalls Happen?

• Early September
    • Mid September
    • Late September
    • Early October
    • Mid October
    • Late October
    • Early November
    • Mid November
    • Late November

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Sitting in the garden typing this - temps still in high 20's - actually my thermometer says 30C but I think it over reads - very dry air - we have a bit of a northerly at the moment so likely a fohn effect from the Massif - clear blue skies - will be lighting the barbie later for some nice lamb chops smile.png

Next 9 days from Meteo France

mardi 11 28° Soleil

mercredi 12 28° Soleil

jeudi 13 25° Soleil

vendredi 14 24° Variable

samedi 15 22° Variable

dimanche 16 23° Soleil

lundi 17 22° Soleil

mardi 18 22° Variable

mercredi 19 22° Variable

Now that's the kind of autumn I like smile.png

Lucky you just like what England and Wales was like last week. smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Yep mr.meehan - generally warm with high pressure until that moves in our direction and you get some easterlies by the end of the week, very slack northerlies and north-easterlies for the weekend - before another very slack westerly by the start of next week.

Perfect weather, generally nothing more than 10% cloud cover for the whole week.

I'm not going to get that here, so it's cold, cold, cold vision for me now, but there is the likelyhood of Thursday and Friday being sunny and misty, hopefully misty as I wouldn't mind an early ground frost to lighten me up after the dull westerly pattern we are stuck in here!

Lucky you just like what England and Wales was like last week. smile.png

Yes I was keepings tabs on it but the skies are so much clearer here, though we did get some cloud, quite high winds and cooler weather , down to 21C at one stage cold.gif over the weekend - until last Friday the mercury was hovering around the 30C mark :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

\i think the temps will strat to drop off significantly from next week WB 17th of october. The GFS is picking up on a cooler trend.... however we will have to see if its wintry or not. x

Its a bit of a battlezone out there in the atlantic with high pressure trying to build over Greenland and low pressure from the atlantic forcing its way in. So far looks like atlantic wins.

Howvever hints of a scandi high on the 18Z of the GFS last night...

I wll be happy if the snow waits until christmas day!

Posted

Evening all,

Yes some incredible temps in the south of France

locally some monthly records were broken in Le Luc in Var for instance.All these summer temps seems far from Paris.

Posted

howabout that for the pub run?! nothing spectacular of course, but a step in the right direction - a temporary greenland high and shot of cold to plunge temps to below average with the possibility of widespread scottish snow. Of course, all FI and highly unlikely to prove reliable, but interesting to see nonetheless. certianly fits in with METO LR outlook which suggests below average temperatures towards the end of October

Don't tell Scottish Skier because he will think that I am trying to wind him up, which is quite true but in the nicest possible way smile.png

After a lovely day of temps reaching 33C with a clear blue sky we went up to the square this evening where we took wine with friends on a balmy shirt sleeve evening, after which we had dinner, starting with a tuna and anchovy salad followed by grilled lamb chops for me and a goats cheese salad followed by monk fish for her. We didn't have a dessert, no room left. All outside, meaning I can puff my pipe in comfort smile.png

Now relaxing to a nice glass of Jamies and listening to RTL Lyric "Blues in the Night" on the wireless. Quelle vie.

What a lovely way to spend autumn.

I would have liked to have said that we went to the beach but unfortunately had to go up to the other house, our tenants just left and heading back to Montreal, so we had to do some work there in the hope we will be getting further tenants sooooooon please.

Alas it is not going to last even down here, temps forecast a tad down for tomorrow, 29C but dropping further after that to the mid to low 20's but sunshine continuing - no sign of any rain in the immediate future.

Edited by mike Meehan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Sounds like beautiful weather over there! Who needs frost and ice and drizzle and cloud when it could be sunny and 33 degrees.

Uh, I do. mega_shok.gif

Posted

Quite. the 18Z (the actual pub run, not one read at the time of the pub run) is much less than supportive! the morning will be interesting, but the 18Z makes the 12 look like a cold outlier. Mind you, the blocking it gets going after +348 (cant believe i wrote that) is insane! only writing that to demonstrate that blocking is still an option that models like

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Its all starting to develop now, the pattern is evolving for possibly an early winter, if i was in the far north and a cold lover i would maybe get excited a little, but if your in the south like me then dont be excited about anything other than cold nights, this is for this month, next month is different its then we look for widespread cold and snow appearing to our north east, now what i am expecting for the rest of this month for the south is quite normal weather-not saying a storm wont track along and hit somewhere north or south-but that cant be predicted now as lows can deepen and change track, the far north or high ground north we can see the possibilty of snowfall this coming couple of weeks, of course the setup can alter so we could see more hill snow in more places or just confined to the mountains, whats exciting now is the models hinting and teasing of cold and even snow already, tasters to come and go for the north this month-on the edge of our seats in the model thread already!

!cold.gif

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

That must be because it's the pub run!!! When it comes to its senses that'll all be replaced by raging zonal SW'ly goodness!! good.gif

You mean similar to the set up we have now, with endless drizzle and grey skies? Oh no please I've had enoughcray.gif

A bit cooler today, 27.5C according to my garden thermometer, whilst the temp at Montady is indicated at 27C, still wall to wall sunshine but a fresher breeze.

I stand corrected - still up to 31C today - it reminds me of the autumn of 1959 when we had blue skies day after day and the weather finally broke in mid October - I was living in Lincolnshire then just outside of Grimsby.

I just loved it far better to have dry ground to walk on rather than mud.

Edited by mike Meehan

Posted

January 2007 would do me again, plenty of exciting weather there, gales etc.. and not lacking in sunshine, and lots of showers. January 2008 was quite similar too and also about 3°C above average. Yummeh!!

Have you used any other usernames in the past such as Codge?

January 2008 was awful, it was rain, rain, rain and ruddy rain! We had local flooding here. I was fed up with rain after that summer of 2007, only for another soaking during January 2008. No thanks!

I didn't enjoy that January 2007 gale, it caused damage in the neighbourhood and was not pleasant.

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Everyone has there own likes and dislikes of the weather types that we get here so inevitably not everyone is going to like the same weather type such as gales, snow etc.

I don't really remember the January 2007 storm that much wierdly especially considering that people were killed in it.sad.png

Edited by wimblettben

Posted

I actually like rain sometimes and interesting rain events, and also strong winds. Just thought I'd put that one out there smile.png

The worst for me in winter would be dry cloudy and mild/average i.e a high ridging in to the south with lows influencing the north. If we have a mild winter I'd like an active Atlantic and some strong low pressure events as some compensation for limited frost/snow please. smile.png

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

January 2008 was awful, it was rain, rain, rain and ruddy rain! We had local flooding here.

54% of the average January sunshine and 211% of the average January rainfall, here. Ruddy awful.

The last few days have been pretty poor with a lot of cloud and drizzly rain at times. A contrast to only a few days ago with the brilliant sunshine.

Posted

Codge? Not a clue what you are on about.

And secondly, one man's meat is another man's poison. We all like different weather. Snow and ice can cause types of damage, disruption and even death too, and I have no guilt about liking certain forms of dramatic weather a-thank-ayou-so-much. If forecasts are heeded and precautions taken then damage or disruption or death can be kept to a minimum.

Jan 2008 might have sucked in your neck of the woods but I lived in Lincs and we had average sunshine, though it was wet, but mostly in the form of showers with only half the days getting any rain.

For me, winter weather priority is as follows. Mild first, then sun, then dryness. Mildest will always win! That seems to agress the proles around here. I let them like cold so they can let me like mild!

If you got a problem with it maybe you should call this place the "Ice Cold Winter Lover's Brigade" or something. Hey. It's "netWEATHER.tv" not "netWINTER.tv". For people who enjoy different kinds of WEATHER.

You don't have to sound so defensive, he wasn't having a go.. Simply disagreeing with you, which I'm sure is allowed on your version of the site?

Technically by you saying mild always wins, you're not enjoying different kinds of weather, as most of the year is mild.

It's called winter and on this site, people like there weather by the season. Hot weather in Summer, storms in Autumn and cold and snow in Winter. Is that really a problem?

Anyway, as we're here to talk about the weather, I hope we DON'T get snow, yet. I'd rather get it all mid November and fit in some cool/stormy weather at the moment :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Its going to be mayhem on here when the first snows come..

maybe we could talk about autumn then?

Its warm days staying in the south for a while, il take a look at the charts and be back to let know how long we might hold on to the warmth!

Posted

Well it's kind of foggy here.. and damp and drizzly.. hopefully proper weather will arrive to bring our first frost here.. and other places including the south!

Posted

For daytime-staying warm in the south even through friday, and mild for most with high pressure and light winds, turning windier in the northwest as we end the week,

it looks to stay mild/very mild in the south through the weekend with signs of that colder air starting to enter the far north and nw, by monday low pressure blasts the high pressure out the way and turning colder in the north by monday, cool air spreads down across all areas by tuesday and feeling cold in northern areas by this time, tuesday(night) some northern areas seeing temperatures below freezing-night time, at this stage it looks as though the north is going to feel the coldest of the conditions next week, plenty of rain and heavy showers coming along with the cold low pressure system, affecting the north/nw over the weekend and the south more so next week, we will have to wait and see if any sleet or snow falls below the mountains and high tops! the upper temperatures at 500hpa are going to be very very cold, i would imagine hail in the showers.

tuesday night(next week) charts below

500hpa

post-11361-0-96250900-1318477983_thumb.g

850hpa -the next two

post-11361-0-99301300-1318477985_thumb.g

post-11361-0-06188300-1318477988_thumb.g

surface temperatures tuesday night next

post-11361-0-86448300-1318478004_thumb.g

below is thursday(today)

NAE cloud prediction cover

post-11361-0-07745600-1318478007_thumb.g

surface pressure showing high pressure and light winds for most today

post-11361-0-86771500-1318478008_thumb.g

surface temperatures

staying warm in the south

post-11361-0-47919000-1318478011_thumb.g

next is the low pressure to bring this cold air, this is for next tuesday

post-11361-0-28083200-1318478002_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

That was a genuine question, I recall a member from some time agocalled Codge who came from Buxton who preferred mild weather , I thought you might have been the same person.

RichardR loved himself mild weather.

I think Buxton is the UK's thriving mild spot. NO idea why?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold with a metre of lying snow

Well, it's been a very nice day here on the western coast of Norway for quite some time, max of 8 degrees and sunshine all day ( woke up to just 3 degrees). Seen my first snow of the season on distant mountains towards the east (Hardanger Plateau). Forecast is for it to get warmer ( up to 11 deg) but to stay dry. Rain forecast tho' for the WHOLE week ( from Sunday til Saturday) with temps in the 12 to 14 range.

Autumn in Norway "is the pits", roll on winter!

Cooling down a bit here now, down to 25C today but still a clear blue champagne sky - crystal clear - great, the only thing is that the tramontane has returned.