Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

Quite a large batch heading this way it seems, currently just south of Grimsby and heading very slowly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

O-M-G - This is the best link of the day. fantastic find wub.gif

Can someone in London go on the bridge and wave to us?dirol.gif

Posted

On the BBC news about half a hour ago there was a segment on Politics/Politicians? (I was half asleep waiting for something else coming on) and in the top left corner of the live cam they have behind the interviewers screen what looked like to be a weak funnel trying to form, or defined scud cloud at the most. The BBC had the camera on the interviewer for a fw minutes and there wasn't much rotation (if any) but this feature definitely stood out from the elevated clouds.

Posted

It will be interesting to see what happens to group of showers in the SW Approaches, intensify, or die??

Posted

Can see Anvils starting to take structure, some big cauli type clouds building to. Definately warmer. Raintoday looks interesting to the south west.

Guest Kent-Weather

Raintoday looks interesting to the south west.

That's the upper trough which will be very slow moving today.

Hahaha @ getting someone to wave from the Bridge too. I would suggest someone moon us but will leave any flashing to hopefully more lightning whistling.gif

Posted

Starting to look lively out to my west.

post-6069-0-01036400-1307707284_thumb.jp

You can see why I do so well with severe gales in winter, I'm at the highest point for miles around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist
:cold: 57f here, hopefully the veil of cirrus will move away soon, lincs is doing ok ,looks to be some convergence there and west of london.

Posted

Hail shower here in Dronfield, Richie

Nice ribbon of scud developing almost to the ground then it rises up into the base of the convective cell..... SWEET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Ok then this morning was quite interesting, had a potent cell move thew around 6:30 - 7:00, it produced a heavy shower and a rumble of thunder but also it produced a funnel cloud. I went out along the seafront to have another look at it as it had a lot of strange movement on it. When I went along the seafront there was CB to our east and to our North, infact there was all around us. These 2 particular CB's to my east and North had alot of rotation on them and was green underneath especially the one to our east in sandown bay in the sea, this one particular cell had perfect looking funnel hanging of the edge of the cloud and came down a good half way, now i wish i had my camera but it looked impressive :D Also to our N the cell had produced a couple more funnels but very weak. We had quite a few heavy showers threw out the morning but not to the same intensity as the ones this morning with the funnels and rumble of thunder etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Don't forget MetO are anticipating a second trough to move through this afternoon and overnight. I presume this is the mass of heavy rain currently moving across the SW.

This could mean to some persistent lively downpours for southern areas throughout the afternoon.

Been mesmerised by the thunderstorms continuing over the north sea - some massive, torrential downpours over there throughout the morning :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Ok then this morning was quite interesting, had a potent cell move thew around 6:30 - 7:00, it produced a heavy shower and a rumble of thunder but also it produced a funnel cloud. I went out along the seafront to have another look at it as it had a lot of strange movement on it. When I went along the seafront there was CB to our east and to our North, infact there was all around us. These 2 particular CB's to my east and North had alot of rotation on them and was green underneath especially the one to our east in sandown bay in the sea, this one particular cell had perfect looking funnel hanging of the edge of the cloud and came down a good half way, now i wish i had my camera but it looked impressive :D Also to our N the cell had produced a couple more funnels but very weak. We had quite a few heavy showers threw out the morning but not to the same intensity as the ones this morning with the funnels and rumble of thunder etc.

I saw that storm as I was driving out of Portsmouth to work but didn't hear any thunder. I'm in Southampton working and there's just a load of grey mess, was feeling positive this morning but not so much now as this cloud isn't going to shift anywhere fast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Looks like the storms over Lincs are pivoting and now heading North towards my house. Here at work in Doncaster not much going on right now.

Group of storms way out in the North Sea is still there and increasing in area. Anyone have any idea what's going on out there over a cold sea surface?

Posted

It goes without saying that I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!!! No camera? Ryan Ryan Ryan...:cray: lol

More potential throughout the evening time for you! Am interested to see how the trough interacts with the CAPE levels across Midlands/S England.

MetO updated their warnings - new warning now across the region N and NW of the Wash for heavy showers.

Edited by Harry

Posted

I saw that storm as I was driving out of Portsmouth to work but didn't hear any thunder. I'm in Southampton working and there's just a load of grey mess, was feeling positive this morning but not so much now as this cloud isn't going to shift anywhere fast!

I had just got back from a photography session with my friend as he let me use his camera, I came and tried to get a bit more sleep but didnt happen as he text saying thunder, so i rushed up and looked out and was black as anything was potent looking thing, then I heard another rumble but that was the last thunder i heard, but i decided to have a look at it down the sea front as it really looked amazing.

I came back and went back to bed lol

Posted

It goes without saying that I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!!! No camera? Ryan Ryan Ryan...:cray: lol

More potential throughout the evening time for you! Am interested to see how the trough interacts with the CAPE levels across Midlands/S England.

MetO updated their warnings - new warning now across the region N and NW of the Wash for heavy showers.

I know I know I know lol

Funny thing I had only just came back from a photography session lol, if we had stayed out that extra hour longer I would have got it, sods law eh grr

Still though Im having some good luck so far this year compared to last years nightmare, i hope I dont jinx it now lol

I see you had thunder earlier :D good luck for some more, this weather has cheered me up a little unlike last few days :( but can always rely on the weather to help :D

Posted

I know I know I know lol

Funny thing I had only just came back from a photography session lol, if we had stayed out that extra hour longer I would have got it, sods law eh grr

Still though Im having some good luck so far this year compared to last years nightmare, i hope I dont jinx it now lol

I see you had thunder earlier :D good luck for some more, this weather has cheered me up a little unlike last few days :( but can always rely on the weather to help :D

Yeah fingers crossed for more certainly :D

Really kicking off around the Wash now!!!! :drunk:

Posted

My shower is now electrified, nice deep BOOM! :yahoo: Number 8 storm of 2011

Posted

Well, this is crazy, according to the radar, it's been raining here for an hour, as I look outside, it's bone dry.

I'm just hoping the convective stuff from London manages to meander up this way, but with this cloud cover, I doubt it will happen

Posted

Suns out here and warming up nicely, good propects for later on I hope.