Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Can anyone post some charts of the latest cape and where the brunt of the storms will be

Guest Quantumsnow

Time to bring the video out again i think

I laughed so hard I nearly had an accident. Brilliant! How have I never seen it?!!

'It's ok Jane Louise, you'll be out of the no-storms club by 2015'..

LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

kent clipper is how it sounds a storm/s that clip kent. haha :acute:

Still some great cape and li showing on the GFS, im pretty certain that there will be storms that day but how strong and where they will be is anyones guess. ;):doh:

Posted

Spanish Plume? Yes please!:D It'd be our first chance for Thunderstorms in quite a while! (Although now doubt they'll miss us)

I've noticed that the chance of storms has been present on the forecasts for a couple of day's now, so as it gets even closer, lets hope these chances of storms stay, if not even increase!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I laughed so hard I nearly had an accident.

That'll be the wine again? Hmmm actually I think you take something a bit heavier than that QS!

Seriously, that is a good vid but I have seen it before. :air_kiss:

I hope QS is good tonight, I see B_S, PB, S_Beka et al are all lurking tonight so a right ole :gathering: just like in winter.

On topic, I say bring on some summer heat and Thunder. :drinks:

And so I don't get in trouble, here's a chart or two at 96 hours.

post-7183-0-55192100-1308948100_thumb.gi Note how far north the DAM564 line is and the associated multiple fronts!

post-7183-0-64159600-1308948166_thumb.gi This confirms the intensity of the heat, make no mistakes it's gonna be hot hot hot (I suspect 90f in the SE)

Good Luck and Take Care

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I laughed so hard I nearly had an accident. Brilliant! How have I never seen it?!!

'It's ok Jane Louise, you'll be out of the no-storms club by 2015'..

LOL

:cray:

Hi QS :) I am actually hoping to be out of the club by Tuesday (wishful thinking) lol. :D :whistling:It's all looking good for me for Monday, but It'll change for the worse now I've mentioned it grrrrr.

Posted

What are the charts currently showing for Monday & Tuesday? I have booked Mon & Tues afternoons off work, but that can easily be rectified if nothing comes off fruitation in this neck of the wood (as in annual leave cancelled) :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Hi QS :) I am actually hoping to be out of the club by Tuesday (wishful thinking) lol. :D :whistling:It's all looking good for me for Monday, but It'll change for the worse now I've mentioned it grrrrr.

Same here, really hoping to get out of the no storms club with the potential for these storms to move up. At the moment though it looks like it is very gradually being pinned slightly to the eastern side of england and probably won't reach Bristol. The potential is there though and just waiting to see if there are any changes to charts etc.

Guest Quantumsnow

Hi Jane Louise!

All I can say is best of luck for next week, if we don't see a storm from such a set up then we may as well find a new hobby :lol:

Good luck :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

What are the charts currently showing for Monday & Tuesday? I have booked Mon & Tues afternoons off work, but that can easily be rectified if nothing comes off fruitation in this neck of the wood (as in annual leave cancelled) :cray:

As none of the experts appear to have commented, I suggest reading my post above (205!) :drinks:

The main fear is now that the storms will be where the heat is at its most extreme i.e the SE (often the case) - see Gibby's post amongst the model discussion.

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Hi Jane Louise!

All I can say is best of luck for next week, if we don't see a storm from such a set up then we may as well find a new hobby :lol:

Good luck :hi:

well Thor... if you dont deliver the goods, my new hobby will be stabbing puppies! you have been warned Thor... its on your conscience...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Have a read here as well http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=43613&posts=1 (from Paul on the UKWW site). It might be a bit technical in places but interesting stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thundery potential on Sunday seems to be ever so slowly including the Midlands now. :D

The GFS 18z is delaying the cooler conditions slightly. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Thundery potential on Sunday seems to be ever so slowly including the Midlands now. :D

The GFS 18z is delaying the cooler conditions slighlty. :D

Yes,plenty of interest for sunday afternoon,with yorkshire and lincolnshire favoured most for some storm action.

HEAT

ENERGY

PRECIPITATION

BANG!!

:D ............maybe

Posted

Sunday on any other day would (in itself) have the forum in chatter about the window of opportunity for home-grown storms from heating & CAPE numbers across the Midlands into the Pennines, no doubt topographic lift may play a part in this with rainrates on the GFS forecast from the Cheshire plain into Yorkshire. Quickly moving out across the North Sea by Monday morning so no chance of cloud spoiling things for those in the South/Midlands for the plume event infact if anything raising DPs slightly higher.

Guest Quantumsnow

well Thor... if you dont deliver the goods, my new hobby will be stabbing puppies! you have been warned Thor... its on your conscience...

Lol! just not my puppy, alright Thor :aggressive:

I'm going to be working in a blacked-out tent on Sunday, latest NW forecast has it at 28 degrees in my location. I'll be hoping for a rouge storm just to cool it down a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

18z is absolutely phenomenal!!

Posted

Lol! just not my puppy, alright Thor :aggressive:

I'm going to be working in a blacked-out tent on Sunday, latest NW forecast has it at 28 degrees in my location. I'll be hoping for a rouge storm just to cool it down a bit.

i'm intrigued by the blacked out tent.....??

Edited by bobbydog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Yeah!!! They've upgraded again from earlier! Still insane cape/li figures!!! Getting increasingly like the airmass - moist pmsl :rofl:

Posted
Posted · Hidden by bobbydog, June 24, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by bobbydog, June 24, 2011 - No reason given

HotDog-778310

Guest Quantumsnow

18z is absolutely phenomenal!!

It certainly is Harry! I'm pretty new to storm watching (well using models anyway) so I don't have any background knowledge to compare them to. How would these CAPE, LI and other factors and values compare to storms we've had in the UK in the past few years or so?

i'm intrigued by the blacked out tent.....??

Working on a shooting simulator at a private function. Works on a camera/laser/projector set-up and light effects it so the tent has to be pretty much closed. I'm assured there will be beer though :D

Posted

It certainly is Harry! I'm pretty new to storm watching (well using models anyway) so I don't have any background knowledge to compare them to. How would these CAPE, LI and other factors and values compare to storms we've had in the UK in the past few years or so?

Working on a shooting simulator at a private function. Works on a camera/laser/projector set-up and light effects it so the tent has to be pretty much closed. I'm assured there will be beer though :D

sounds great - shooting and beer! (actually it sounds wrong but oddly, great fun!)