Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Watch this space but Monday and or Tuesday we could be about to test the 1st ever Live Streaming in the Uk and in Full HD As well, if you are up for it will fill you in with the details in the next few hours, it is more exciting than it sounds, also Arron will Ping you a Message on Fb later about this.

:good::rofl:

Paul S

Unfortunately I'll be behind the wheel of a bus on Monday, but will be keeping up with developments on my breaks...

Posted

Watch this space but Monday and or Tuesday we could be about to test the 1st ever Live Streaming in the Uk and in Full HD As well, if you are up for it will fill you in with the details in the next few hours, it is more exciting than it sounds, also Arron will Ping you a Message on Fb later about this.

:good::rofl:

Paul S

Sounds ace Paul. Will it be posted onto this thread or just through the netweather storm chase facebook site (i think thats the one???)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Right so Monday, watch live stream from work of the pros... and keep an eye out for anything this far out west..

Tuesday arrange early meeting in Leamington, as far east as I can get next week!

ITSALLABOUTTHEPLANNING

Posted

I am in Pas-de-Calais, more specifically Lumbres (Northern France). What are my chances for my Monday and Tuesday? :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Interesting Storm Risk forecast for the next 5 days in Bristol

1.png10% Today

1.png10% Tomorrow

2.png31% Sunday

3.png60% Monday

2.png 31% Tuesday

Thats the highest I have seen this, so far this season. Now I know it will change and its extremely unlikely to verify, but considering any thunder potential is being advertised as an Eastern and South Eastern affair only I was quite surprised to stumble along to this, this afternoon. I really hope it does verify but realism as to set in.

Shall be watching this evenings runs with hope and anticipation. Good Luck all!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Active Weather Dude

Posted

I am in Pas-de-Calais, more specifically Lumbres (Northern France). What are my chances for my Monday and Tuesday? :rolleyes:

:lol: Currently some of the highest in Northern Europe I should guess!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Heat and Thunderstorms will be all that you know by tuesday night, have fun out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I might just sit out in my garden with a drink and watch the storms roll in over the fields.

Posted

I'm a 2 minute walk from the cliffs here in Folkestone (SE Kent) and so a good view of the Channel, starting to get excited about Monday/Tuesday's potential! Just a shame I have work to go to...we should be able to get emergency exciting weather leave in these situations

Edited by snowgirlkent

Posted

I, personally, am not expecting a lot from this event. Here in this part of the midlands it really doesn't seem that exciting. Oh, how I want the CAPE charts to look like yesterdays...

Edited by IAmJohnnyDisco

Posted

I might just sit out in my garden with a drink and watch the storms roll in over the fields.

Ok if I bring some beers round LOL

Posted

I've got Monday off work now so will be, subject to charts nearer the time, rooting myself to the Kent coast at Dymchurch - standing on the sea front watching things develop. Maybe a bacardi/vodka three while I'm at it :D

I've bagged Monday & Tuesday afternoon off work - couldn't go the whole hog for full days, just in case things down grade. Although fingers crossed they won't :drinks:

Posted

Ok if I bring some beers round LOL

This isn't match.com you know! :rolleyes:

Posted

At the moment we are just trying to get the logistics sorted for a Stormchase on Monday with the BBC & Michael Fish, the other possibility is to shelve the Chase Monday and film a possible MCS Moving up from France in the early hours of Tuesday. The only downside atm is the volitility of the Models at 3 days range in the UK.

We are also going to Live Stream through the Netweather Player the footage Live to Netweather in full HD.

Obviously all this is dependant on getting the Film crew in place for Monday and also firming up on the Models showing a better than 60% chance for Monday's Storm Risk.

This is all for a 4 Part BBC1 Series which is being shown in August and this is for the Storms Programme, Dont yet know who the Presenter is alongside Mr Fish

Will update tomorrow

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

At the moment we are just trying to get the logistics sorted for a Stormchase on Monday with the BBC & Michael Fish, the other possibility is to shelve the Chase Monday and film a possible MCS Moving up from France in the early hours of Tuesday. The only downside atm is the volitility of the Models at 3 days range in the UK.

We are also going to Live Stream through the Netweather Player the footage Live to Netweather in full HD.

Obviously all this is dependant on getting the Film crew in place for Monday and also firming up on the Models showing a better than 60% chance for Monday's Storm Risk.

This is all for a 4 Part BBC1 Series which is being shown in August and this is for the Storms Programme, Dont yet know who the Presenter is alongside Mr Fish

Will update tomorrow

Paul S

Oh wow!!

Well, I'll have my batteries fully charged and no doubt be tearing around Kent Monday evening/night assuming the models hold up. I'm dragging along by 'non storm freak' mate with me to show him what it's really all about! I hope in fact he is there, as over the past few years he's certainly been a very lucky omen on nights were storms are possible...VERY lucky thinking back!

Posted

:clap:

Guess I'll pass you on the Kent/Sussex border then Paul - while you're changing a tyre!!! :lol:

Posted

Oo, nice one. I've always hoped more UK people/organizations would start doing stuff like this. :good:

Posted

Latest from the METO. And don't shoot the messenger.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Central/southern/eastern UK dry, sunny and very warm or hot on Sunday; however, gradually becoming generally cooler and unsettled from the northwest, although some southeastern parts possibly remaining fine and hot.

Updated: 1517 on Fri 24 Jun 2011

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Am I the only one who is liking the looks of Sunday evening more than the other days. Probably as things will be much more local for me that day but whilst the Cape values are only in the 1000+ range that day, there seems to be much better forcing to get the storms to fire, at least across the Dales and uptowards the North York Moors. It's not like these value are low in anyway, just not as obscene as some of the forecasts further south. Whilst Sunday has seemingly stayed consistent over the last few runs, Tuesday is all over the place on each run. Will be itneresting to see if Sunday continues to look good on the 12z!

As an added bonus, Paul Hudson on BBC Look North said it would be cracking weather on Sunday in Scarborough so it's guaranteed to pee it down now. I'll be charging my batteries up and hoping it lasts into dusk for some night time lighting :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Am I the only one who is liking the looks of Sunday evening more than the other days. Probably as things will be much more local for me that day but whilst the Cape values are only in the 1000+ range that day, there seems to be much better forcing to get the storms to fire, at least across the Dales and uptowards the North York Moors. It's not like these value are low in anyway, just not as obscene as some of the forecasts further south. Whilst Sunday has seemingly stayed consistent over the last few runs, Tuesday is all over the place on each run. Will be itneresting to see if Sunday continues to look good on the 12z!

As an added bonus, Paul Hudson on BBC Look North said it would be cracking weather on Sunday in Scarborough so it's guaranteed to pee it down now. I'll be charging my batteries up and hoping it lasts into dusk for some night time lighting :)

That's what I'm most interested in aswell.

I will be down that area with my girlfriend on Sunday around York but we are thinking of going to Scarborough.

There hasn't been much mention of this so far, but I'm getting pretty excited about the potential!

Need a good storm as the USA didn't quite deliver this year.

I'll be taking my camera so I maybe have to persuade my girlfriend to come on a little storm chase lol.

Looks like an upgrade on the 12z aswell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Latest from the METO. And don't shoot the messenger.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Central/southern/eastern UK dry, sunny and very warm or hot on Sunday; however, gradually becoming generally cooler and unsettled from the northwest, although some southeastern parts possibly remaining fine and hot.

Updated: 1517 on Fri 24 Jun 2011

This is the latest I have for the SE from the METO :cc_confused:

Sunday to Tuesday

Sunday and Monday will be humid, very hot, with sunny spells. However, Monday thundery showers may spread north. Tuesday cooler, with showers or spells of rain, these perhaps thundery.

Updated: 1525 on Fri 24 Jun 2011

Don't kiss the messenger :rofl:

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Monday looks nice on the 12z early afternoon south of here. Shame I have pretty much zero chance of getting time off work at the moment! :( Looks to some nicely backed surface winds south of Bridlington down towards Lincolnshire. Probably due to some small scale lows which are never going to be accurately forecast this far out but it's fun to look at ;)