Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Going black to my east, south east... Wish it was thundery :girl_devil:

It almost certainly is - sounds like that beast of a cell over France to me - if its still in the locality in the next hour or two I suspect it'll give one hell of a lightshow!

Im heading down to the Kent coast in the next 30 mins in the hope of something firing...it IMO cannot be ruled out!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Skies clearing here again the ref counting the storm out to the south of us. Going to jump the gun. Sheffield shield two storms nil can't see it getting of the ropes.

I see there's more kicking of in the greedy north east.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Moderate rain here now - convective drops again, but nothing like we had earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Its raining rather heavily in Newcastle. Guess its heading your way! Not heard thunder yet.

Maybe, those cells appear to be getting stronger although I don't see any signs of them becoming electrified!?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

WOOOOO!

Cumulus clouds forming under the dark haze and altocumulus!, not just that a mammatus type effect is appearing below the cloud line.. Signs of an unstable atmosphere, loaded gun :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

That's a mad forehand by Nadal, match should be his now. Oh.. back to the Weather... Raining here in Leicester now, humid as hell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Hear thunder here in Shotton :)

Posted

Skies clearing here again the ref counting the storm out to the south of us. Going to jump the gun. Sheffield shield two storms nil can't see it getting of the ropes.

I see there's more kicking of in the greedy north east.

I'm sorry for you, but for me it's good news it's going to the south. Sorry for the possibility of stealing it. I still think it's got Sheffield written all over it though!

I would have, but I'm currently banned, for having a totally uncalled pop at a very good forecaster!

I've been through a lot lately, something I failed to tell Paul about, but I lost 2 family relatives, and I was not very well myself but I'm all good now, still it was no reason for me to behave the way I did. Everything is behind me now, and I just want to discuss the weather, without any bickering, disagreements etc. I just wanted to say that - and so all the staff at NW see this, I'm a very sorry person!!!

Regarding the weather, it's going to get very active for many areas, not the sort of hit n miss as many was expecting, although prime position is NW england, Midlands (West) through to South and West Yorkshire and also the humber area, where some very potent cells will occur with Hail, frequent lightning, and thunder (with torrential downpours). These will rumble into tonight and clearing the Coast during the early hours.

Areas further south into (SE England, Kent) and EA all is not lost, keep an eye out for development from around about now, and during the next couple of hours 9:30-10:00pm.

Anyhow, I probably won't last long as I'll get banned right away, but enjoy the weather crew, and stay safe! :)

For those of you that don't know me, I'm the person that never shut up, or didn't like to back down. no more now like lol. or you may remember me by me writing winter forecasts/videos.

Regards

L

Would you include me in the risk zone? :)

Posted

I'm sorry for you, but for me it's good news it's going to the south. Sorry for the possibility of stealing it. I still think it's got Sheffield written all over it though!

Me too please lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

That storm in France must be awful to drive through! I experienced a similar one a few years ago, and this resulted...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7540484.stm

There was large hail (maybe 5cm across?), strong winds (50mph at a guess) and constant lightning. I remember a strike detector counting around 100 strikes per minute, though only around 25-50 would have been visible where I was. That's still a visible strike every 2-3 seconds, very impressive. I was visiting Disneyland Paris the next day, but all the rides were closed until 1pm such was the intensity of the storm, then more storms a few hours later caused further problems, though the only supercell was the one that hit in the early morning.

Edited by alza

Posted

Hear thunder here in Shotton :)

THATS what I must be hearing?

Posted

you lucky bu--ger Lokks like it will just miss me, but theres plenty more to come tonight.

Posted

A few Cumulus clouds clouds are starting to develop here, a nice sight over the hills and looking down the valley :) On a plus side the bbq went without a hitch! tut was kinda hoping i could get out of it and cancel due to rain lmao, mother nature didn't help me pmsl!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

15.5C with a dewpoint of 13.3C, humidity at 87%.

Game over. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Spits of rain from a-cas!

Posted

Just heard one very small rumble again,at least if something does happen, i should hopefully see it this time!

It appears to be coming to that cell from our south GS. Surprised as didn't think there was any potential here tonight! :drinks:

Posted

you lucky bu--ger Lokks like it will just miss me, but theres plenty more to come tonight.

I'm hopeful. Is it weakening though?

Sorry for all the questions too people, it's just that I'm stuck using Rain Today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

What there is going over the moors to the west of us. Surprised the tennis is still going on. Must be a bit dark to see the balls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Nice blue sky now and evening sunshine. Paul s get in your CAR mate keep thinking me pc crashed and screen frozen. Nice house though.lol

Edited by silver line

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

wall to wall blue skies here, first time since this morning.... im hopeing now that the sky has cleared it might cause the heat to shoot up into the atmosphere to trigger storms. im just hpeing tbh to get something, if your in Belgium or the Netherlands tonight your in for a great time!!! just a shame that cell didn't explode over here.

Posted

WOOOOO!

Cumulus clouds forming under the dark haze and altocumulus!, not just that a mammatus type effect is appearing below the cloud line.. Signs of an unstable atmosphere, loaded gun :D

It is people need to be patient..... good things come to those who wait....hehe....

mite get your boom soon from your observations......