Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

7th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Report

Posted

Well it deffo ain't decent. It's gone all quiet again. Bout 5 flashes and same rumbles or so. 1 very close - 1 bang over head - rest distant..

Sounds like it could be fast moving do you reckon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

I do wonder if the Downs will help intensify these storms as the head northbound, looking at it, they are sort of intensifying. Probably going to be a 5 minute wonder though, anyone further south than me i.e London Gatwick/Croydon way see anything yet? I cannot yet. (City of London)

Posted

All stopped :wallbash:

It certainly has :(:(

The flashes must have been from a range of 60-75 miles away (Eg on the Coast near Brighton) and as they have moved inland they have lost intensity. Not boding well for places inland if the Storms are being fuelled by the Warmer Seas and then dying 5-10 miles inland.

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Bad omen when the seas are warmer than land in summer :help:

Posted

Sounds like it could be fast moving do you reckon?

Nah. Seems that action is pre rain. It was dry. The rain has just started now and it's all gone quiet. Nowt for past 10mins, Oh well. My 2 loud rumbles was my storm lol. It gives you no warning btw! Was no rumbles or approaching lightning. Just wham bank i'm going to kill you with a heart attack maam!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It certainly has :(:(

The flashes must have been from a range of 60-75 miles away (Eg on the Coast near Brighton) and as they have moved inland they have lost intensity. Not boding well for places inland if the Storms are being fuelled by the Warmer Seas and then dying 5-10 miles inland.

Paul S

Oh so familiar story, Paul! What I feared!!

Will give it a bit longer, if it fails to deliver will trot off for some shut eye me thinks!!

Nah. Seems that action is pre rain. It was dry. The rain has just started now and it's all gone quiet. Nowt for past 10mins, Oh well. My 2 loud rumbles was my storm lol. It gives you no warning btw! Was no rumbles or approaching lightning. Just wham bank i'm going to kill you with a heart attack maam!

Lol haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Nowt here now but rain which started just after a hedgehog ran over my foot in the garden! Hardly what I'd call a storm but better than nothing I suppose... Oh well, back to "Tornado Road"

Posted

glad I didn't set off now! Shortlived storms not worth the 2 hour round trip. Family Guy it is for the meantime!

Posted

If the clouds/low pressure system starts to draw in air from the N Sea, that could be a trigger for reintensification, seeing as it is the sea which appears to be driving them - the electric element at least!

Might be worth another hour before I call it quits, unless there's signs of real weakening in the interim!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Short storm here in Southampton. Quite some way to the north with very bright lightning followed by long, rumbling thunder. Some way away and was hoping it would come closer, but no more flashes since the heavy rain started :-( I'm sitting in the dark, though, in anticipation!

kate

Posted

You and me both Kate! It was over me. 1 Massive house shaker - thought I really was gonna need new undies! LOL.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Short storm here in Southampton. Quite some way to the north with very bright lightning followed by long, rumbling thunder. Some way away and was hoping it would come closer, but no more flashes since the heavy rain started :-( I'm sitting in the dark, though, in anticipation!

kate

I'm also sitting in the dark lol but despite the rain getting heavier there are no more signs of any stormy activity; only had distant lightening anyway. Still seems plenty in the channel but not sure they'll be electrified either so off to bed soon I think (but with the curtains and window open, just in case!!)

Posted

If the clouds/low pressure system starts to draw in air from the N Sea, that could be a trigger for reintensification, seeing as it is the sea which appears to be driving them - the electric element at least!

Might be worth another hour before I call it quits, unless there's signs of real weakening in the interim!

The things us storm lovers do eh ?! Had a fairly decent 20 minute outbreak here near Watford around 4.30pm, but despite the fact I know Ive got an early start in the morning, Im still sat here glued to this site, UKww and the radar. Go figure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I'm cooking late ... I want some spinage ... that means walking up the garden ...

Did you get it

Posted

I can see something in the very distant horizon, possibly lightning flashing every 2-3 seconds just south of London, maybe north of LGW. Not sure, can't be too sure - but looking at the radar - it has to be what I think it is! + the one behind the current brighton storm looks nope - still swearinging big!

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

You and me both Kate! It was over me. 1 Massive house shaker - thought I really was gonna need new undies! LOL.

Hi Beka! P'raps they were the same ones, as there were at least 6 heffalumps between the flashes and shakes down here :-) It's really scary when you don't get any warning, isn't it? The best place for thunderstorms when I was a kid was my grandparents' house in Harwich. There was one of those one-off explosions right overhead and it damn near threw me out of bed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Blimey the girlies are taking over... :D good luck with your storms eveyone

Posted

Bright flash and deep rumble, oh another flash!

Lucky sods! Hope you're enjoying!

I've been sat here near the balcony and seen nothing since the solitary flash about 90 mins ago.

Defo appears to be the channel that's fuelling these pups, then whenever they get in land start to run out of puff!!

Posted

Blimey the girlies are taking over... :D good luck with your storms eveyone

Shhh, that's a good thing!

Hiiiii Girls :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Shhh, that's a good thing!

Hiiiii Girls :D

:)

Posted

Lucky sods! Hope you're enjoying!

I've been sat here near the balcony and seen nothing since the solitary flash about 90 mins ago.

Defo appears to be the channel that's fuelling these pups, then whenever they get in land start to run out of puff!!

They haven't hit the Downs yet, give it 30 minutes, if it does nothing to re-uplift them - sods law go to bed. Are you on MSN/Skype? Inbox me - I fancy waiting for the lot behind this lot.