Cold?
IGNORED

22nd into 23rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hi Paul,

I see you're a newbie so welcome aboard. drunk.gif

The thunder risk will not be over until around breakfast time tomorrow so you're quite right!

Hello GTLW

Got your message and I dashed over from Hurricane Irene to over here! How are you?

Anyway seems we are in for some fun tonight i hope...exciting. I must admit I am liking this trend (except last week) of heavy rain at night and blue warm skies the next day..

So come on the met office has a yellow out and just how confident are we on this getting a little more than that. I see Brighton will be up for a show...however I am not there! ..havent been for a while...:(

big smacker pb x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

agreed odd cloud movement here in Essex too

mid/upper levels and lower levels at right angles ... !

Where are you Buckster, might be a good idea to add your location to your profile wink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

An update from Nick F:smile.png

Heavy Rain and Thunderstorms With Risk Of Localised Flooding

Issued on 22/08/2011 at 18:07

Valid From: 22/08/2011 at 18:00 until 23/08/2011 at 18:00

Areas affected in detail:

Central southern and SE England, S and E Midlands and E Anglia

Severity level:

Level 4

Weather type:

Heavy Rain and Thunderstorms

Alert risk period:

22/08/11 18:00 until 23/08/11 18:00

Alert details:

A thundery low over western France this evening will drift NNE spreading outbreaks of heavy rain across southern counties of England later this evening, the rain will turn heavy overnight into Tuesday morning, with risk of thunderstorms in places - especially towards SE England. There is a risk of torrential downpours overnight and through Tuesday morning causing standing surface water and flash flooding, along with strong wind gusts and frequent lightning. Heavy rain should ease during the afternoon.

Confidence: 80%

Issued by Nick Finnis for Netweather.tv

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=forecast;type=alerts;reg=5;sess=

Posted

Where are you Buckster, might be a good idea to add your location to your profile wink.png

will do - Chelmsford :)

looking good for later I'd say - the cloud structures have been odd since I left work at 5pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Let's hope this doesnt' turn out to be like that day we had 2,500+ cape over the UK. Anyone want to skype conference tonight??

Posted

Hi Adi,

Rare nowadays to get tidal flooding in Bognor as the prom was raised some years ago and also tons of shingle dumped on the lovely sandy beach! nea.gif Not saying it can't happen but usually only happens in a southerly severe storm now and those are rare enough. Anyway here's hoping we both get to see some lightning tonight, Chichester is more likely than us to see it i reckon being closer to the Downs.

Hello CF!

Was going to pop home to Chichester today and Bognor but other things took over....how are you my friend. GTLW told me you were on here and to get on the thread. Hope this finds you very well and happy.

Hmm I think Chichester may do but am pretty sure you will have some good old thunder and lighnting..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

An update from Nick F:smile.png

Heavy Rain and Thunderstorms With Risk Of Localised Flooding

Issued on 22/08/2011 at 18:07

Valid From: 22/08/2011 at 18:00 until 23/08/2011 at 18:00

Areas affected in detail:

Central southern and SE England, S and E Midlands and E Anglia

Severity level:

Level 4

Weather type:

Heavy Rain and Thunderstorms

Alert risk period:

22/08/11 18:00 until 23/08/11 18:00

Alert details:

A thundery low over western France this evening will drift NNE spreading outbreaks of heavy rain across southern counties of England later this evening, the rain will turn heavy overnight into Tuesday morning, with risk of thunderstorms in places - especially towards SE England. There is a risk of torrential downpours overnight and through Tuesday morning causing standing surface water and flash flooding, along with strong wind gusts and frequent lightning. Heavy rain should ease during the afternoon.

Confidence: 80%

Issued by Nick Finnis for Netweather.tv

http://www.netweathe...rts;reg=5;sess=

Very promising! huh.png

Posted

Evening all, some strange cloud movements here in South Essex. Mid to high level cloud moving NE but very low level cumulous being sucked in a Westerly direction.

You beat me to it :lol: I was just going to

Say that..fingers crossed for tonight

Posted

check out the eifel tower web cam, some nice cloud formations and lightning.. can see people flashes on there cameras, ifm i saw that lightning id be down in a flash.... (excuse the punn)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

You beat me to it laugh.png I was just going to

Say that..fingers crossed for tonight

Evening Lewis, let's hope for some more action like we had in July!

Posted

Hello CF!

Was going to pop home to Chichester today and Bognor but other things took over....how are you my friend. GTLW told me you were on here and to get on the thread. Hope this finds you very well and happy.

Hmm I think Chichester may do but am pretty sure you will have some good old thunder and lighnting..

Hi PB, I am doing fine thanks and hope you are too. Wont be long until we are back lampost watching eh?

The sky is starting to turn darker to the Southwest so I am hoping for something good later. looks like a good storm heading toward St Malo at the moment so i am really hoping there will be no dissipation or direction change before it reaches me.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Hi Adi,

Rare nowadays to get tidal flooding in Bognor as the prom was raised some years ago and also tons of shingle dumped on the lovely sandy beach! nea.gif Not saying it can't happen but usually only happens in a southerly severe storm now and those are rare enough. Anyway here's hoping we both get to see some lightning tonight, Chichester is more likely than us to see it i reckon being closer to the Downs.

Well if we get anything we will both see it but me being closer to the downs encourages me to get up on the hill. Arrangements have just been made that if anything happens a couple of us are going to meet up on Portsdown hill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So as per, the central midlands is too far north for any action. Whether it be snow, rain, wind, hail, thunder, lightning we miss out by a whisker in every single direction available. Its the same with snow, too far inland for streamers with a northerly, too far north, too far south, too far inland from the east. Now its too far north west for bloody rain! How boring. IM moving.

PS - good look to thoose south easteners.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

My family are down on the Channel Islands this week. Looks like they're about to get pummelled!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Looks like hell is crashing down onto paris lucky Lettuceers! Hope im not to far north to see anything tonight i will be radar watching

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted

Well if we get anything we will both see it but me being closer to the downs encourages me to get up on the hill. Arrangements have just been made that if anything happens a couple of us are going to meet up on Portsdown hill.

Ah, would love to be up there in a storm! What a view! Sadly hubby is the nervous type and thinks i am mad to love storms and violent weather. biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

138 users in here, so much anticipation! drinks.gifangel.gifgathering.gif

Please be kind to us you froggies and let the english channel ferry all your juicy moisture to our shores, just this once. diablo.gif

Any guesses to the official station rainfall predictions for the 24hr period tomorrow? unknw.gif

Shoreham 52mm maybe?

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

check out the eifel tower web cam, some nice cloud formations and lightning.. can see people flashes on there cameras, ifm i saw that lightning id be down in a flash.... (excuse the punn)

Some fairly frequent lightning on the webcam, ominous looking skies though, seems like the lightning is behind the webcam.

Posted

Ah, would love to be up there in a storm! What a view! Sadly hubby is the nervous type and thinks i am mad to love storms and violent weather. biggrin.png

Awww poor thing, You could leave him at home or even bring him so he can see the beauty and the fascination.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Looks like the end of the world that paris live camera, lol!

I think there is a thunderstorm actually forming over the Eiffel tower! rofl.gif

Posted

Hi PB, I am doing fine thanks and hope you are too. Wont be long until we are back lampost watching eh?

The sky is starting to turn darker to the Southwest so I am hoping for something good later. looks like a good storm heading toward St Malo at the moment so i am really hoping there will be no dissipation or direction change before it reaches me.

CF.. Wonderful. Oh yes to the lampost watching and I will be with you all.

Just caught the Channel Four news weather, details widespread rain particularly for the south east with some localised flooding. temps arounf 15 degress and feelling muggy. Muggy is good. Looks like you are in the firing line and maybe worth a pop out to seafront now to see what is out to the horizon?

PB x