Cold?
IGNORED

22nd into 23rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I'm sure I don't need to point out torrential rain + rock hard ground = high risk of flooding

We don't have rock hard ground here :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

A lot of storms now breaking out over North-West France. This is definitely not finished by a long shot.

Posted

Layers of intresting clouds coming in from south..... just charging camera ready for lightning display tonight yahoo.gif

Posted

A lot of storms now breaking out over North-West France. This is definitely not finished by a long shot.

i tend to agree with you there! Im ready for a night of radar watching. I know im to far inland from the looks of it but you never know right? Obviously i would love to hear a bolt of thunder and see some lightning but im also interested how much rain is going to fall here!

Posted

Harry you said "I'm sure I don't need to point out torrential rain + rock hard ground = high risk of flooding""

Happily living right on the coast here in Bognor it isn't a risk for us. So I can safely carry on wishing, also not quite so much risk for ther area on the coast perhaps as they have had a bit mor rain than Bognor recently. Here we miss most of it and even the band that gave us the earlier rain was much heavier either side of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Darker cloud is gradually spreading in from the south and it has gone so still outside. Even if we don't get any thunderstorms, I think we're still in for some downpours of rain later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi Paul,

I see you're a newbie so welcome aboard. drunk.gif

The thunder risk will not be over until around breakfast time tomorrow so you're quite right!

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The girlfriend understands but we are talking around £80 in petrol for me to get to the south coast, not to mention massive tiredness. But I would give that and more to see a good storm.

At present it looks like meto vs gfs, with gfs looking pretty pants. Where is the storm over Nantes likely to hit. Am I right in thinking this could clip the SE if it doesn't die?

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Hi Paul,

I see you're a newbie so welcome aboard. drunk.gif

The thunder risk will not be over until around breakfast time tomorrow so you're quite right!

Thanks mate, I'm more based over at 'theweatheroutlook' nice to see some new faces wink.png

Posted

Sorry this iphone and signal made my last post go wrong, i have nothing to lose as have been kicked out today, whats the worse that can happen if you go storm chasing ! Your girlfriends/wives will understand !

Sorry my last post was in reply to this. I am having iPhone issues too lol

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Storms

Very strange sky, smooth darkening background has formed to my south west as i look towards france with streaks of white cloud in places, forgive my lack of cloud knowledge, i have a long wait ahead of me tonight but it will be worth it. Will have to share photos etc afterwards as cant seem to post using my iphone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Layers of intresting clouds coming in from south..... just charging camera ready for lightning display tonight yahoo.gif

I agree here as well, some interesting and varied cloud types are amassing from the south.

Here's a latest grab from the radars, lads n lasses.

What you're seeing from my attachment is continuously developing and maybe some other folk can confirm if anything else is likely to kick off after dark! AFAIK it's all to play for right through the night. yahoo.gif

post-7183-0-46924200-1314036823_thumb.gi

Stormy Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Not sure if this has been posted?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-14622549

Arguably by far the most poignant quote there being "A spokesman for the Met Office said: "The heavy rain will start from about midnight and there will also be a lot of lightning - but not all areas in London will be affected"

Pretty bold assertion, but nevertheless :yahoo:

Posted

Harry you said "I'm sure I don't need to point out torrential rain + rock hard ground = high risk of flooding""

Happily living right on the coast here in Bognor it isn't a risk for us. So I can safely carry on wishing, also not quite so much risk for ther area on the coast perhaps as they have had a bit mor rain than Bognor recently. Here we miss most of it and even the band that gave us the earlier rain was much heavier either side of here.

Providing the tide is not in and its a high tide, I have seen Flooding in Bognor in the past.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Yeah that one north of Nantes looks like it's headed this way that's what im watching for the next few hours...but before that an episode of True Blood to catch up on...looking forward to later...happy radar watching folks...over n out....for now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

21adatz.png

EGKK 221659Z 2218/2324 08008KT 9999 FEW040 TEMPO 2300/2307 7000 SHRA TSRA PROB40 TEMPO 2301/2307 3000 +SHRA +TSRA

Going to get hammered tonight, that's for sure - 32mm or so +

Posted

I'm starting to get worried, been in Chichester all weekend and was going to book tonight but had to let them know 2 days before and it didn't look that good then, if they get hit by a storm I'm going to hit the roof!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Maybe :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Darker cloud is gradually spreading in from the south and it has gone so still outside. Even if we don't get any thunderstorms, I think we're still in for some downpours of rain later!

I think the east of our region may get some heavy rain & lightning, but the further west you are the less you'll get.

Posted

worth mentionning that during the rain in London on Wednesday last week (in Mill Hill) I heard the loudest and most prolonged thunder I have ever heard. EVER. it was unbelievable - if there is anything like that again tonight or tommorow i will be chufed!

Posted

Providing the tide is not in and its a high tide, I have seen Flooding in Bognor in the past.

Hi Adi,

Rare nowadays to get tidal flooding in Bognor as the prom was raised some years ago and also tons of shingle dumped on the lovely sandy beach! nea.gif Not saying it can't happen but usually only happens in a southerly severe storm now and those are rare enough. Anyway here's hoping we both get to see some lightning tonight, Chichester is more likely than us to see it i reckon being closer to the Downs.

Posted

Evening all, some strange cloud movements here in South Essex. Mid to high level cloud moving NE but very low level cumulous being sucked in a Westerly direction.

I just hope the beers don't get to me before the storms!!

Edited by Wet'n'Dry