Cold?
IGNORED

22nd into 23rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I think there is a thunderstorm actually forming over the Eiffel tower! rofl.gif

I just saw a wicked CG :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm liking the look of the Brest developments, could just maybe be good for us guys away from the southeast. As I was hoping it's still heading due north!

Hmmm, what did I just say. acute.gifwhistling.gif

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

suddenly gone VERY dark on that cam

Anyone know what the situation is when there's a storm directly over the tower and there's people up in it?

Posted

CF.. Wonderful. Oh yes to the lampost watching and I will be with you all.

Just caught the Channel Four news weather, details widespread rain particularly for the south east with some localised flooding. temps arounf 15 degress and feelling muggy. Muggy is good. Looks like you are in the firing line and maybe worth a pop out to seafront now to see what is out to the horizon?

PB x

I could see it from my bedroom window if they hadn't built Butlins! cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Im getting naff all from Cam 1 - doesn't seem to be a lot happening in Cam 2 :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

There appears to be a couple of storm enthusiasts looking for a lightning/tower shot.....

Hmm and that webcam picture now looks very moody and omnious...I thought it had been photoshoped,,

Posted

GTLTW I too hope it continues the due North trend, I remember the pains of a perfect SSW (ish stream) coming up some time back hitting the likes of pompy, guildford, woking, slough, missing us here completely bar the odd rumble. Due north is good, we shall see how it pans out.

Posted

Oh dear, Just been checking the rainfal radar on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ and it shows all the rainfall dissipating before it reaches Bognor. I sincerely hope that changes soon. I need that rain.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Its looking very nasty here in the midlands....really menacing stratocumulus....might just squeeze a drop of drizzle! laugh.pngmega_shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Very odd here, clouds still heading at 180 degrees from eachother. Low level Cumulous heading West and AC plus a bit of cirrus moving even faster East.

Also I just spotted a rainbow at this late hour in the Chatham direction!! Very odd goings on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Storms

Well i have headed for Ashford to a Tesco carpark where i can get a 3g signal which is a relief and i'm just a 20 min drive back to the coast if something was to happen later

Posted

WOW. Just checked out the window. A beautiful fiery sunset with stormy red clouds. Not sure this a shepherds delight sunset, looks more like a saiors beware one!

Haha, I see Callie beat me to it.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Very odd here, clouds still heading at 180 degrees from eachother. Low level Cumulous heading West and AC plus a bit of cirrus moving even faster East.

Also I just spotted a rainbow at this late hour in the Chatham direction!! Very odd goings on!

hmmm! going out to take a looksy !!

Posted

ok, day off rescheduled for tommorrow, enough tea bags milk and cigarettes to last a night staring at the radar - what chances do you think for sunbury middx?? Unfortunately me normal vantage pint looking out west / south is the room currently occupied by the builders while we have our house done up..............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Possibly the reddest sky I have ever seen, would have taken a picture but my phone has run out of battery, always the way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Unbelievably red skies tonight. My camera can't seem to capture just how red it is. Hopefully someone near me will get a picture

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Unbelievably red skies tonight. My camera can't seem to capture just how red it is. Hopefully someone near me will get a picture

Hi Lauren,

Does this do it Justice??

304359_10150262989518341_735173340_7665332_2525473_n.jpg

Guest Quantumsnow

Just been catching up. Great to see some familiar faces in here tonight gathering.gif

I'm getting a little excited now, know I shouldn't, but the anticipation of maybe actually seeing a proper storm this year is half the fun! Gob-smacking sunset here this eve too, some alto-cumulus here in west Sussex.