Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

16th Sept - 18th Sept 2011 Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Grandmother phoned home to say that her tennis tournament in Clifton, Bristol has been cancelled due to torrential rain, hail and lightning! I so hope that;s true as it might be coming this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

5or6 flashes of lightning to my N.W. at 7.45-8pm tonight , approx thirty miles away.,had camera setup ,but too infrequent.

Posted

Well, just got 2 amazing pics from Saturdays storm (17th September). biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Amazing cloud structure. Reminds me of a video of a serious storm I watched in Netherlands. wow. (Sorry about the second picture, blurry as hell :( )

post-8635-0-41749800-1316388830_thumb.jp

post-8635-0-33463200-1316388881_thumb.jp

Edited by JamieUK

Posted

Got a couple of pictures of storms, I missed most of them due to being in work in Bath, but Swindon apparently got quite a pasting as when I got back, the centre of town smelt like a stink bomb had gone off and there was this black sludge all over the pavements so there must have been flash flooding. My missus also reported thunder.

Anyway, the two pictures I did get were of after all the action was done. The first is from the train, looking north between Swindon and Chippenham, and the Second is looking North East from the Lawns in Old Town.

DSC_5444.jpg

DSC_5450.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
Well, just got 2 amazing pics from Saturdays storm (17th September). biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Amazing cloud structure. Reminds me of a video of a serious storm I watched in Netherlands. wow. (Sorry about the second picture, blurry sad.png )

there good, i dont normally do this but as you say a bit blurry on the second photo i thought il have a quick go at anti-blur! what u think? also done contrast to

post-11361-0-77367000-1316391668_thumb.j

all the photos of storms coming on are good and i always enjoy seeing them!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

There was a nice anvil in the distance yesterday, but it didn't seem to be active.

Oh well at least i got to look at a nice cloudsorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Excellent photography weather but a damb squib with regard to storms with only distant rumbles once again! I neagerly wait the next convective spell and with moving back to the southeast at the weekend, I fear it may be a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Well that was an interesting last couple of days, the Saturday we had some awsome showers that came with some rather big hail. Yesterday though was the better day, as all day we torrential downpour like beyond torrential at times. When I came out of work thats when the thunder and lightning started, we had about 3 cells pass through which had thunder and lightning. The rain was stupidly heavy, and the structure of the clouds was amazing as well, happy that we had thunder :D not heard any for a while.