Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Weather - Monday 17th Oct

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I have seen them issue warnings when the wind hasn't been progged as strong as it has been today, Just take a look at my video I posted many gusts into the mid 70mph peaking at 76mph with 1 minute mean speeds well above 50mph.

Posted

greenhouse is sheltered but expanding and shrinking like an iron lung.very heavy squalls of rain rattling through then stopping.a very ominous roaring noise to my west just now.onions gates off the top hinge and it's lashing.

on a scale of 1-10 as at 5 regards fleeing into the house just now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Aye the winds are really picking up now, however I think it will be a brief affair! lol

Yes squalls tend to be brief!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

sky to my NW is black and turbulent you can actually make out the shafts of rain in the distance now - looks wicked. Wind is really picking up now more frequent with the gusts...

Posted

Shoved anything loose that was in the garden back into the garage earlier this afternoon. Just been outside putting the bins behind the wall where they would be sheltered, despite them being packed up and almost as heavy as me all it takes it a rogue 70-80mph SLW gust and its all of last weeks contents strewn across the street. Just a case of NW RADAR watching and reading the reports now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

One thing is that it's only a limited area that have seen severe gales today, SW Scotland, NW England and NW Wales. The wind speeds were underestimated by forecasters even the NetW forecast said gusts 50-60mph, I stated in a post last night gusts could be reaching 70-75mph with isolated 80mph gusts and for the affected areas this has been correct. I didnt record a gust of 80mph but close with 76mph.

What an exciting day :)

temp dropped in here to 55c and still falling,awesome lol.

My god have you melted ;)

Posted

Fairly benign here today.. the squall is approaching though.

Posted

Lashing down here with rain and hail,the wind is blowing the water along the road!

Well,thats it,i've had to cancel my hot air balloon trip this evening.biggrin.png

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Lashing down here with rain and hail,the wind is blowing the water along the road!

Lol - in Catchgate aswell (If I recall correctly), just down the A693 from here. Fb cluttered with posts on the black sky.

Calm before the storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I know I'm not in the affected area but it certainly windy and wild here (minus the rain).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Preetty spectacular here to guys, the rain was literally horizontal. Really stormy out there with very heavy almost torrential rain bucketing down! Mind you just wished I had seen even one flash of lightning would have put the icing on the cake!

Posted

Here it comes.. I hope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Howling gales and horizontal downpours. Clattering against the doors and windows. Not saw anything like it this year. Fantastic. Currently 12.1c.

Manic stuff.

OMG! Absolutely torrential now. It's kinda off lightened - but it was one of my favourite 2 minute spells in my life.

Getting stronger again. Gales are shocking. Underestimated this event for the NE.