Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms - 7th December 2011 Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Safe to say I won't be cleaning my windies for a while yet. I will however be down at the coast taking pics and videos again. Serious stormage from this Atlantic barrage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I have asked for a weather station for xmas,i so wish i could have it now ready for this next incoming low,but then again it might get broken in the strong winds lol :smilz38:

Posted

Personally I think it's a bit extreme to think being a fan of extreme weather is a bad thing .

People are fans of motosport, boxing, horse racing, football. All of which have unfortunate casualties. Being a fan of extreme weather and wanting it to happen IS NOT the same as wishing death on people. If anything those who are fans of extreme weather are more likely to spot this kind of stuff happening and getting better warnings in place.

Much better to be a fan of the extremities of nature than to be a fan of terrorist extremism.

True i also do like extremes in weather but i always keep in mind that weather kills ( some parts of the world are worst than others) as long as you keep that in mind.

In my entire life there were 2 events where i was really aware that causalties were unfortunately unavoidable : was in 1999 26th december hurricane storm in Paris ( 100 plus miles whriling wind)

started around 4 am woke me up , wanted to open shutters and window but first went upstairs to see how it was and when i saw first tree down ,then second, third....really wished no one was out and about

And the heat wave of 2003 as young( ok almost young!!!in my 30's) and healthy as i was i could not bear it and started to wonder about poor old people in small aparts high up in buildings .

All people with weather extremes interests should need to keep in mind that weather can kill, even if you are caught in a thunderstorm outside.( don't remember when but a couple of years back i was happy when a thunderstorm hit Paris but 2 people were dead as they walk out of a park and were touching an iron gate when lightning stroke)

but then yes i was exited to see this thunderstorn.

As long as we are aware of the suffering that may occur. With nature danger is never too far away for your onwn life.But will not stop chatting about or trying to understand weather and about my own experience about it.

Good weekend to all and all be safe for next week .

Ps could we have a little breeze too to make the rest of leaves fall on the trees near my flat?

Edited by jean91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

We've put together an article with an early look at next week and the potential for more storms.

http://www.netweathe...oryid=909;sess=

ECM appears to have shifted the storm slightly further North

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm961.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1201.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme - anything but dull and dreary. The snowier the better.

Wasn't the reason this last storm had such enormous windspeed linked to the fact that the jetstream was in alignment with it, and reinforcing the winds?

From what I can see, there's no real correlation yet on the models between mon/tuesday's jetstream and forecast winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Wow, didn't realise I missed so much on this thread :rolleyes: Anyway! 45% chance of a thunderstorm for me on Tuesday. Yay.... lol :lol:

Posted

Wow, didn't realise I missed so much on this thread :rolleyes: Anyway! 45% chance of a thunderstorm for me on Tuesday. Yay.... lol :lol:

i have 45 percent shame will be gone by then :( and meto have.. me down for thundershowers in the day tuesday... if only...... haha

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

956mb storm....11121218_2_0912.gif

kicked up the ... by 140knot Jet..

just slightly concerning from this chart!...

11121512_2_0912.gif

!

or maybe very concerned

11121518_2_0912.gif

11121600_2_0912.gif

160knot Jet on this one above..

next chart is a 180knots EXTREME Jet power..

11121606_2_0912.gif

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Now that is one chart I wouldn't wish upon, could bring SERIOUS danger to life.

just slightly concerning from this chart...

11121512_2_0912.gif

!

or maybe very concerned

11121518_2_0912.gif

11121600_2_0912.gif

11121606_2_0912.gif

Is that really likely to materialize? looks far to powerful this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

just slightly concerning from this chart!...

11121512_2_0912.gif

!

or maybe very concerned

11121518_2_0912.gif

11121600_2_0912.gif

11121606_2_0912.gif

Oh my, :o

That does look rather scary. I wonder if it'll change by then to something a little calmer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Look at this starting to come out! Metoffice have it bang on!

ukwind.png

airpressure.png

ukwind.png

airpressure.png

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

11121218_2_0912.gif

11121218_2_0918.gif

Posted

If this was to come off what wind speeds down here in the south east coast would you imagine we might see? sorry still learning lol :smilz38:

Posted

If this was to come off what wind speeds down here in the south east coast would you imagine we might see? sorry still learning lol :smilz38:

70-80mph gusts

Posted

70-80mph gusts

Really wow,thats double what we had yesterday and that was gusty lol,thanks for the reply :drinks:

Posted

The early warnings are there because there is the potential for this to be a dangerous gale/storm, we may see upgrades by late weekend, its a concern as to what is showing already before any upgrades, this really could be our turn for some extreme weather and it could be a situation that evolves into a damaging period of weather.

round these parts 70mph is likely to be a major problem i would think.

for the coast those waves would be extreme, sustained powerful winds whipping up those waves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I don't know why but just for some reason I have a feeling that if the low does come off for next tuesday, that it will be further North then what it is showing currently. ECM has allready shifted the lows a bit more further north.

It would however be very windy for our area if it did come off with widespread wind gusts of probably 50mph or maybe more inland. Very Unlikely to be as bad as the storm yesterday however up in Scotland.

Posted

GFS 18z brings mon/tue storm system south, significantly heads for the south into tuesday

Posted

The ECM brings the severe gales into the south to.

So at this stage it looks like many areas at risk of gales, the focus on the west/south, the southeast right in the firing line here to for this one, by sunday it could be be prepared, need to be sure about just how strong this is likely to be, its increasingly likely that areas not seen damaging winds would do next week.