Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Far North Of England Regional Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Certainly a lot of showers heading our way on the radar, and more than I expected. However, it looks like they will mostly be sleet/rain at Cleadon, as the temperature is up at 1.9C following a minimum of 0.1C and the dew point is a little above freezing. I shouldn't be too surprised at this as the 850hPa temperatures are still only around -5C and it was pretty remarkable that many of us got snow yesterday with 850s of -2 or -3C.

I managed 50-60% snow cover this morning, so a Met Office "snow day" but only by the slenderest of margins.

Posted

Light snow flurries here at the moment,very small flakes which is a good sign. :)

Lower 850's spreading down in association with this trough as well.

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs122.gif

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

2°C here, which is no higher than when the snow hit yesterday, and once again there is no onshore wind, so its possible that these showers will fall as snow. I've already had some light sleet this morning around an hour ago.

Posted

Well the remaining snow cover has lasted the night here, still apparent on the grass, some pavements, flat roofs... but most reluctantly my street which is now a frozen slush ice rink..

Looks like a trough forming and heading our way from southern scotland.

2 days in a row? :o

Not completely out of the question i did hint yesterday of some precipitation hugging the coast, winds are prompted to veer slightly more northerly later also, midday to around 3 looks to be our best chance, hopefully temps aren't going to rise too much :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

My dad informs that at 1302, it's 2.4c/90% so the dew point is around 1c I'd imagine. Good news with lowering temps/dp's and uppers.

Currently at Lambton, around 82m asl, and we've just had a light/mod rain shr with some sleet. We have only smaller snow patches with lots of slush and frozen surfaces around.

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

Looks like the last chance of any more snow from this not so cold cold snap is heading for Holland.

Still got just about all the snow that fell, on the ground with a low of -2.8 last night and now on way down from 0.3

Posted

The temperature at my house is 1.1c at 1539, or so my father says; it's now mostly clear and there are still a few patches of frozen snow around, more freezing over to come overnight.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by tynevalleywinter, December 17, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by tynevalleywinter, December 17, 2011 - No reason given

The temperature at my house is 1.1c at 1539, or so my father says; it's now mostly clear and there are still a few patches of frozen snow around, more freezing over to come overnight.

already down to -1.2 here with clear skys after a high of 0.3 and still got 99% of snow cover

post-10965-0-99529300-1324138307_thumb.j

Edited by tynevalleywinter
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Are there any showers around tonight for us?

Nope - dry, clear and frosty tonight :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: It's all about the white stuff!

Argh, thought as much, was hoping someone might have know something i didnt lol :) Ah well, cold and frosty it is then!

Posted

Already down to -1.6 so could be in line for 2nd sub -5 of season. Still got 99% of snow cover from yesterday with a top temp of 0.3 today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

It's gonna be another chilly one tonight then!

Just dropped the wife off at her Xmas Do, frost starting to form in Newcastle now.

Aaah, whatever the weather, this time next week will be having a few sherbets and awaiting a Chinese takeaway ahead of the big day.

Don't you just love Xmas?!

Posted

It's gonna be another chilly one tonight then!

Just dropped the wife off at her Xmas Do, frost starting to form in Newcastle now.

Aaah, whatever the weather, this time next week will be having a few sherbets and awaiting a Chinese takeaway ahead of the big day.

Don't you just love Xmas?!

completely non weather related, im pregnant so cant drink, but your description of having a few has me drooling, i have an out of control craving for sherbet and non in the house!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

completely non weather related, im pregnant so cant drink, but your description of having a few has me drooling, i have an out of control craving for sherbet and non in the house!

Oh dear, never mind.

I'm sure once the little one arrives you can let your hair down and your mister will take you out for a good drink haha!

Posted

No i dont want alcohol, i cant get enough of actual sherbet, got to be the crunchy kind though lol!! :D

Posted

2212 at Picktree Quay Wood the temperature was a rather nippy -1.6c, -3.7c is the lowest temperature this autumn/winter, recorded at 0711 on November 7, so it could be in dispute tonight. Maybe the odd snow shr moving across and giving a 2nd 50% snow cover day of the season (which is pretty unlikely though :p ).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

A frost set in quite early here, I left work at 4.30pm and my car was frozen!

Everything looks white outside now and I'm hoping I can keep it until the morning to witness a frosty dawn, the last few nights have started off frosty and come the morning a thaw has occurred overnight.

Temp currently sitting @ -0.5c under clear starry skies. :)

Posted

MIdlands seems to be the place for snow this year - Cheshire gap streamers have give a load to peak district, derbyshire, leicestershire, etc.

Posted

If only the british isles were 50 miles further east we would see so much more snow!

No signs of a proper cold spell within the next few weeks apparently so may have to be happy with brief cold spells!