Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Satrep website shows some areas of enhanced cumulus which should hit the south east a bit later, I guess there might be some wintry precip but are temps of 3-4 a little on the warm side for any snow fall? NAE & GFS precip charts look pretty sparse as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

2nd frost of the season here, with a low of -0.2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Nothing for anyone today, except a tiny ickle corner of Kent and right over Eastbourne and Hastings!!!

Well I've had something already here in MK - about two hours of intermittent graupel and very light snow (like dandruff) but it's settled on top of the very thick frost we woke up to - flakes have got bigger in the last half hour or so, probably because the temperature has risen to 1°C

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially ice and snow.
:clap: Blizzard conditions here in Chingford, E4!!! Settling on frozen surfaces......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Amazing really, we not long ago had a moderate rain & sleet shower, but looking directly above me in the sky, lots of blowing snow. Snow flakes in amongst the heavier rain.

Another heavy shower approaching on the radar. Hoping for a heavy wet snow shower and I think that will be that!

Posted

north east london should be getting hammered right now according to radar

Yes for about 5 minutes in about 20 minutes of snowfall, it was some of the biggest flakes of snow I have seen in many years. A pleasant surprise, shame it was a week early.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Snowing lightly here.

Posted

Heavy Snow in Rayleigh, tbh biggest flakes I've seen in ages but not settling.

Same,

Just got back in from Football Match and 50p to £2 Coin sized flakes. None Settled but was Whiteout for about 15 minutes and the kids loved it!

Posted

More ppn moving down from the Cheshire Gap. Let's see what materialises as the ppn get's closer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well it missed us here completely :( boo.

Posted

Where is this new weather front coming from? I didn't expect snow now until after Xmas but netweather giving us 50% chance around 6pm tonight... that is a higher percentage than we had earlier in the week. (35% from now until 6)

I have to go out later... wondering if I should bring that forward a couple of hours?

Anybody able to give me an idea of what is happening please as i've not been able to catch up with weather news?

Edited by Sungirl

Posted

Just outside Great Yarmouth - woke to the tiniest amount of snow on cars wall and ground that melted but puddles still had ice in, went to town, and puddles were beginning to melt but there just a few snowflakes blowing about in the wind which didnt amount to anything.

oh why does it say i am male to the left? i am most definately female! i will try to change the setting.