Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

THIS IS THE QUIETEST THREAD ON NETWEATHER.

GOTTOLOVETHISWEATHER

Posted

I think i want to go to the Alps, my next door neighbour has gone, looks like let it snow, i think somebody will be leaving the tap on :clapping:

i want to go there and be in the snow :drunk:

Posted

There is a plus to this mild weather, just think of the money saved from huge heating bills! I have not even had to wear a coat out over Xmas either :drinks:

Posted

THIS IS THE QUIETEST THREAD ON NETWEATHER.

GOTTOLOVETHISWEATHER

and not getting any busier! I'm not sure if it's all the turkey and tinsel, or just the fact it's dreadfully mild and pretty well boring weather wise.

Nothing stunning on the horizon currently either! :doh:

Posted

Hi all happy new year to everyone hope you all had a good one.dosnt look good for the start of 2012 for cold and snow lovers.look set to remain verry mild some cooler spells but not lasting more than a day.hope somthing changes soon or the days will be to long for any lasting cold or snow.at least i dont need the heating on.hope we will get somthing soon.this sw flow needs a block to the east to stop the jet and alow us to become cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

and not getting any busier! I'm not sure if it's all the turkey and tinsel, or just the fact it's dreadfully mild and pretty well boring weather wise.

Nothing stunning on the horizon currently either! :doh:

Yes Coast, indeed, it doesn't look great. However the ensembles are trending the right way and January 5th through to the end of the current output was showing a general cooling pattern when I last looked. Also, I'm a glass half full type of guy and just because the models don't hint at anything particularly cold or even snowy, I will not write anything off when FI is within the region of t+72 and t+96.

Festive Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Tis a tad gusty today!

Posted

Chucking it down here.

Posted

Rubbish weather here today, more like October storm season with gusty wind and rain all day - made worse by being dragged around the sales!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Another terribly boring day to endure....

Cloudy mild and damp. :sorry:

Posted

As I posted in general chat for today - is this going to be known as 'the Winter that never was'? :doh:

Posted

What an odd concoction of clouds we had this morning. I simply looked up and could see a mixture of mackerel sky, mammatus and cumulus.

When you have many different cloud types in the sky all at once what exactly does this mean?:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

As I posted in general chat for today - is this going to be known as 'the Winter that never was'? :doh:

There is still two thirds of it to go so I'm not writing it off yet....whatever will be will be, but a white Easter and a scorchio of a summer would do me nicely :good:

Posted

Horribly drizzle out there, lovely and mild feels like one of those October nights, temps must be 10oc plus, warm sector :angry: i think i will be opening the windows soon!! where is winter :help:

Just heard this December is the third warmest since records began according to the news :sorry:

I think we should have a moan at Winter thread :good:

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

More boring south westerlies coming and I see it is going to be twelve degrees celsius tomorrow night! Even Riga was 10 degrees celsius daytime in midweek. Oh well at least I'll be able to have a fag outside the Royal British Legion in Hornchurch without shivering tomorrow. Drizzle here today turining heavier around three o' clock and then stopping at about five o' clock, seven degrees celsius. Ou sont les neiges d'antan?

Posted

Oh come on Coast you & I know this is more a traditional British winter.

It's mild.

It's damp

It's overcast

It's a UK winter

Nothing unusual here.

I had this one down as a mild through and through.

So far we are there.

Roll on spring lets get this sh"!"te out the way, I say.

What an odd concoction of clouds we had this morning. I simply looked up and could see a mixture of mackerel sky, mammatus and cumulus.

When you have many different cloud types in the sky all at once what exactly does this mean?:

You were drunk?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

a pretty depressing outlook (well, up until mid January) for us lot in the South. This just has to be up there with the depressing Christmas period of 1988... mild, grey, unexciting.... :lazy:

Edited by snow raven

Posted

Oh come on Coast you & I know this is more a traditional British winter.

I've been spoilt on the previous two years and this is such a turn around it's true, I had started to like a bit of a white winter! This one is just too mild though, the number of posts in here is telling! :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I was so warm last night I've got a summer duvet and had to throw the window open at 2 am!

Posted

First sign, albit FI that we might be seeing the start of a pattern change that could affect the South. This would fit in with the more knowledgable members interpitation of the strato warming.

Posted

Oh damn, just started a post and its gone. :doh: Anyway, 2011 is about to disappear and what a strange year it has been, weather-wise. The second warmest on record and this, after a disappointing summer. The last 4 months being well above average as well in terms of temperature. However, 2012 is going to change all this IMHO. :clap: Let us pick out a couple of dates to keep in mind.

Firstly, the period from 3rd to 4th January looks potentially STORMY according to the latest MetO guidance. In addition, as the low pulls away it briefly allows the 528dam line to encroach our area. :diablo::cold:post-7183-0-23927500-1325336235_thumb.pn

Thereafter, the 7th January looks like a date to watch with the possibility of some wintry showers in the northerly airflow. post-7183-0-53541800-1325336312_thumb.pn

After this period, I am expecting High Pressure to be dominant and we can at last say good riddance to the zonality for at least a few days. Heading into the second week of January, frosts at night and hopefully brighter skies by day will be the weather of interest.

Happy New Year all.

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather