Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

had this little beauty pop up over from Radstock this morning 8am ish!post-12385-0-87309500-1323962290_thumb.j

Yes, nice, saw it on my way into work from Filton this morning.

Things might be lively in here tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

here are a few more taken today, was a very cloudilicious day today

i must make it clear that i wasnt driving at the time of the last shot!

post-12385-0-54524800-1323968506_thumb.j

post-12385-0-36548000-1323968573_thumb.j

post-12385-0-98107700-1323968759_thumb.j

Edited by Aceman

Posted

Not a bad set of charts from the NAE for NE areas of the SW, NMM looks very similar in this regards as well. Timing looks decent for settling snow, especially above 100M. Arrives at 5-7am from the looks of NMM for most and that is pretty much spot on in this set-up for getting settling snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

A few flakes are already falling where I live. But its literally only a few flakes. Good sign for later perhaps?

Posted

A few flakes are already falling where I live. But its literally only a few flakes. Good sign for later perhaps?

Cool what's your temp and dewpoint?

In Warminster it's 4.0c and 1.9c so definitely heading in the right direction, dropping under cloud cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

4.9c with a dewpoint of 2.1c. But anyway its stopped now and just had very slight drizzle. Will have to wait and see when I wake at 6am tomorrow to see if anything comes off! Sleet is predicted for my area in particular but snow is predicted in Gloucester tomorrow morning and thats about 20-25 miles NE of me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well I am sure temps will rise a bit as this front moves in but I am a little surprised that my temperature is only 2.6c now. B)

Posted

Graphics on BBC weather at end of 6 o'clock news just now doesn't look great for this area - main snow belt confined to Mid Wales, Midlands and then central S England like Reading, Newbury area.

Might see a few flakes first thing tom morning but that's about it i reckon. Maybe Wiltshire area getting a bit more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Ian Fergusson just said on points west Glos and North Wilts mainly for snow - maybe some in other areas

Thats how the 12z NAE looked so good call I reckon! I don't think Somerset southwards was ever modelled to be involved anyway! Up until this morning, it was only going to be the Cotswolds that really got involved, so at least a south westwards shift of some sorts has become favourable!

Apart from the cotswolds and high ground in Gloucs. and Wiltshire, I don't see any settling snow unfortunately! Ground will be too wet and snow will be too wet!

Nevertheless enjoy the snow those who get it, and those who just miss out, get in your car with your sledge and get up into Gloucs. I just might! Lol

Posted

Fergie on PW just now - Less so towards BTL and Somerset - maybe a little bit, but forecast to move thru' pretty quickly in the morning - Cotswolds, Glos and Wilts favoured spots.

Oh well, wait for the real snow events when temps have been v cold for a few days later in the Winter i reckon.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Considering a few days ago it was looking very unlikely we would see snow this side of Xmas down here, I will quite happily take 1cm - 3cm. Thankyou Mr F!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Fergie on PW just now - Less so towards BTL and Somerset - maybe a little bit, but forecast to move thru' pretty quickly in the morning - Cotswolds, Glos and Wilts favoured spots.

Oh well, wait for the real snow events when temps have been v cold for a few days later in the Winter i reckon.

Yes was not quite as promising as I thought maybe some wet snow showers first thing. however it would not be first time the event evolved slightly differently so close.... :winky:

Posted

Quite surprised that Ian had the snow 1-3cms reaching to just north of bagber(in dorset), not sure why he had a tiny little village on the map, but they tend to do this occasionally.

Probably because he knows someone who lives there or he's been tweeted by someone from there

When he used to post on NW a couple of winters ago i posted on the thread and he replied by PM - the next day he had Stoke Gifford on the map on his TV forecast.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

what happened to the 60-70 mph winds ? or is it just heavy rain now?

Posted

Nothing too get excited about. The rain is pouring, the ground will be sodden everywhere before the snow arrives. Expect the wet stuff over high ground which will stick for a time, appart from that just a passing wintry front. If you get out of bed at 9.30 am tomorrow you wouldnt even know if had snowed....if it snows in your location.