Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

snow looks to be more south west going by this, still by no means set in stone yet but im happy :smilz38:

Thats what I like to see, some posistive comments! Still time for this to go our way and It may just come down to setting my alarm for 4am in morning to see what is going on int the end! ;)

Posted

Thats what I like to see, some posistive comments! Still time for this to go our way and It may just come down to setting my alarm for 4am in morning to see what is going on int the end! ;)

with your height mullender i think you got a better chance then say bristol :acute:

Posted

Have to admit the latest 06Z nae is an upgrade for the SW IMHO, maybe nick was talking about other areas in the UK.

Certainly the north midlanders etc are getting worst.

M4 corridor and 25 miles either side look to be the prime spots.

Re temps etc, the models are getting more and more optimistic of temps getting low enough, partly I think as the low shifts south, so does the heavy wrap around front that previous was in the north midlands, the associated under cut will happen at this front and the heavy rain lead to greater evapo cooling.

Posted

Ian F latest tweets sugest nothing for somerset except emoor with 2cm possible in bristol and glouc.

hmmm

Posted

I must say I am a little wary of just how far south the 6z NAE has gone - reminds me a little bit of mid December shortwave last year, the NAE taking this further and further south in the 24hrs before...eventually taking it about 50 miles too south, with the northern extent, which was progged to be near the glos/worc border, ending up in birmingham.

I would urge caution right the way through

SK

Posted

Southern midlands seems quite favourable at the moment for the white stuff to fall in the early hours friday morning, chelt/tewks/gloucester might be in the firing line.

look at us praying for snow how desperate.... this time last year we were in subzero temps with it never getting above freezing for nearly two weeks dont you just love the british weather i do. :good:

Posted

Ian Fergusson @fergieweather1m

Yes...“@NickIceJones: @fergieweather NAE latest run moves threat further south and west again? M4 corridor and surrounds looking prime now?â€

latest from ian f replying to my tweet :)

hehe good old ian :smilz38:, going be fun sat and radar watching i think later .

Edited by cityatnight2001

Posted

Still close but no cigar for somerset! :fool:

I think im sbout 5 miles off that warning area!

Posted

meto still have me for heavy snow... im going to be watching that all day and hoping it dont change lol bit werid tho as looking on the meto forecast every where round me has sleet our rain.. and only warminster has heavy snow from 0600 0900 then sleet at 12 same as me... then Gloucester.. only has heavy snow at 0900 then rain again.. dont make sence to me... but yeh.. i like my forecast lol

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

wooow just noticed meto have put an orange alert for possible accumulations of snow. wasn't expecting that. I'm just inside the orange section. Will be interesting to see if it comes off.

Posted

im also in the orange just :) just saw that after u mentioned it.. been refreshing the forecast haha

fergieweather Ian Fergusson

As expected. Stay tuned for updates: M4/M5 & M40 area: AMBER SNOW WARNING from the Met Office: bit.ly/jUkOoP

Im just south of the M4. i like my position :)

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

Remember too everyone that height is going to be influential on whether you see snow or not. An example being that there's more chance for Warminster than Westbury or Trowbridge but not so much chance for Warminster as places up on Salisbury Plain.

By the way, did anyone hear the sudden increase in wind overnight? Between about 02.30-04.00 some very strong gusts as that small LOW zipped through along with some heavy rain. Looking at the Met Office obs pages for Yeovilton, Boscombe Down, Larkhill and Lyneham from overnight, gusts went from less than 20mph to exceeding 40mph within an hour!

Bleak day today with frequent heavy showers, our benefit of being downwind from the Bristol Channel despite it being an (inverted commas!) better day and calm ebfore the storm!

Posted

We might have a better idea of track and ppn type ect around about 9 - 12 tonight :rofl: Meto website downgraded snow symbold for west country on last hours update :80:

Posted

Remember too everyone that height is going to be influential on whether you see snow or not. An example being that there's more chance for Warminster than Westbury or Trowbridge but not so much chance for Warminster as places up on Salisbury Plain.

By the way, did anyone hear the sudden increase in wind overnight? Between about 02.30-04.00 some very strong gusts as that small LOW zipped through along with some heavy rain. Looking at the Met Office obs pages for Yeovilton, Boscombe Down, Larkhill and Lyneham from overnight, gusts went from less than 20mph to exceeding 40mph within an hour!

Bleak day today with frequent heavy showers, our benefit of being downwind from the Bristol Channel despite it being an (inverted commas!) better day and calm ebfore the storm!

Warminster is pretty much the same height as Devizes going by google earth :)

very heavy sleet shower here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

UhHuh.. Woke me up.. Thought id have to move my car as I dont trust next door neighbours fence.. However it went as quick as it came.

Slap bang in the middle of the orange for tomorrow.