Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'm not even getting rain at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, disappointing for many it may well be, but re. venting posts, lets try and keep it constructive, by that I mean, have a moan, but add something to it, not just '"its rubbish ......"

cheers :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's got so desperate now that i'd even take a snow shower, incredibly I'm still waiting to see the first snow of the winter and we're half way through december, Stoke has seen inches of snow, heavy precipitation and yet I haven't even seen a snow flake!!!???

I can't actually remember the last time I saw a heavy snow shower like the ones Stoke have seen today, every year I miss the actual showers as it's usually around 4am or I'm at university in leicester and we all know what Leicester is like.

CURSED.

You can back up my claim of Leicester being the most snowless place in the Midlands then Rorkster :good:

Posted

Just had 5 minutes of heavy wet snow here, light snow again now, just showing signs of starting to settle but clearance visible to the north now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

I'm going to have to put ear plugs in to stop the sound of the RAIN hammering on the skylight here at work. What should be happening is soft sparkly flakes drifting silently down - I wish

Posted

Still light-moderate wet snow here, too wet and not heavy enough to stick. Looks like the eastern side of the streamer is just about catching us, but the main bulk of it is heading south through Wales? Could do with more of a easterly track.

Posted

You can back up my claim of Leicester being the most snowless place in the Midlands then Rorkster :good:

Absolutely Andy. I have managed to live locally in the second least snowy area, and then I pick a university where it's in fact even worse. I originally had the idea that Leicester would be a great spot for snow.. HA.

Last year I missed inches of the stuff that had occurred in Staffordshire whilst at leicester and then when I moved back to home for christmas Leicester got it bad :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

LOL, can you tell i'm just a little bit cheesed off with the whole affair? :winky:

Come on then 12z run... Give us some cold snap to cling our hopes onto for Christmas.

If those snow shields just don't break, I'm affraid I'm gonna get out that large hammer... and a light saber, and whack them all so hard until they're happy to give up their strength, and surrender.

Currently raining lightly. Now where did I put that hammer? :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Trying to think of a title for my latest time lapse attempt.....

Slush puppies i think at the momment....

Sleeting as we speak

Posted

Trying to think of a title for my latest time lapse attempt.....

Slush puppies i think at the momment....

Sleeting as we speak

the train that never came :D

Posted

No offencemate, but I think you need to calm down and have somepatience. Alot of people including myself haven't swen anything wintry falling (I had a dusting over night) this year... like it says in my motto... The weather always pays it's debts.

Absolutely Andy. I have managed to live locally in the second least snowy area, and then I pick a university where it's in fact even worse. I originally had the idea that Leicester would be a great spot for snow.. HA.

Last year I missed inches of the stuff that had occurred in Staffordshire whilst at leicester and then when I moved back to home for christmas Leicester got it bad :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

No offencemate, but I think you need to calm down and have somepatience. Alot of people including myself haven't swen anything wintry falling (I had a dusting over night) this year... like it says in my motto... The weather always pays it's debts.

not "The wetaher always pays its debts."....you need to go to specsavers! :lol:

Posted
nice one

Atmospheric derailment just West of Leicester

Wrong kind of snow on the tracks

would have been alright if all this greyness lifted and the Beacon was pristine white

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Any chance I'll see some snow tonight or am I too far south?

Looks like we'll be seeing something within the next hour, but what it is remains to be seen - probably just rain down here in the town

Posted

No worries , I am calm mate. And I am aware of the fact that others haven't seen snow either, and when I speak, I speak on behalf of us South Staffordshire people haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

Looks like we'll be seeing something within the next hour, but what it is remains to be seen - probably just rain down here in the town

After last night's affair, I expect to be rain -.-

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

posts like that make my dreaded 'finger of doom' hover over the delete button! :winky:

well, checked the conservatory roof, nope no splats there, well, apart from the usual bird poop

Aaaaaah come on AJ, you can't begrudge Crewe some snow.....it's been a long enough wait!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The Midlands may be bad for snow, but Reading is something else I can assure you :lol:

Posted

Still snowing here - but it's gradually getting lighter and turning to sleet. The roads are wet so it hasn't been a white out by any means. Lichfield folk, drive out to Abbots Bromley. You might get a bit. Or get up the cathedral spire with some binoculars.

Edited by valiant

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Arnie Pie, December 16, 2011 - x2
Hidden by Arnie Pie, December 16, 2011 - x2

Nice one

atmospheric derailment just West of Leicester

wrong type of snow on tracks

would have been OK if all of this greyness had lifted to reveal a pristine white Beacon.....but it hasn`t

Posted

Something interesting looking coming south towards the west of the west midlands. Going very dark ...

Posted

Love how the bands at the further east its been all day after it gets south of leicestershire lol

Posted

Rain here, why can't it be snow :(

Nothing reaching the ground here yet, but if that heavier precipitation over Shropshire makes it to the Vale we could see some flakes :)