Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and they're also very rainy!...well, was snowing earlier around 5:30, but the latest one was sleety rain I'm afraid, the profiles for snow are very marginal..If you don't have elevation (100m+) then you're probably going to see rain/sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

and they're also very rainy!...well, was snowing earlier around 5:30, but the latest one was sleety rain I'm afraid, the profiles for snow are very marginal..If you don't have elevation (100m+) then you're probably going to see rain/sleet

and they're also breaking up and dying out as they hit the Leicestershire atmosphere :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

Bet Isaac is gunna post any second that it's snowing there...

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

haha, Andy.....Even here in stoke theyve been al rain! :( i think -4c uppers is rather marginal, although these are decreasing so hopefuly should turn snowy later if the showers hang around

Edited by ISAAC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

haha, Andy.....Even here in stoke theyve been al rain! :( i think -4c uppers is rather marginal, although these are decreasing so hopefuly should turn snowy later if the showers hang around

yep, a few showers may filter down through the cheshire gap today, but models progress 2 more chances of more concentrated cheshire gap ppn, one later on tonight, and another early tomorrow morning, and then after that, the fat lady stops singing as we go into a more milder atlantic westerly regime for the foreseeable future....Anyhoos I'm signing off now, getting ready to go down to Devon to show off my gorgeous baby daughter to the family!... :D ...Have a good one everyone :)

Posted

yep, a few showers may filter down through the cheshire gap today, but models progress 2 more chances of more concentrated cheshire gap ppn, one later on tonight, and another early tomorrow morning, and then after that, the fat lady stops singing as we go into a more milder atlantic westerly regime for the foreseeable future....Anyhoos I'm signing off now, getting ready to go down to Devon to show off my gorgeous baby daughter to the family!... :D ...Have a good one everyone :)

Take care AJ, have a good un :) I'm off back to bed if she lets me :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

No sign of any white stuff from the sky this morning - looks very icy out though with the slush from yesterday frozen over. Just 0.5oC here. Don't think those streamers coming in are reaching this far inland.

Posted

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. After looking like we HAD to see some snow from those showers.. They fizzled out before they got here and gave us a drizzle shower. So I still haven't seen a snowflake here yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sleet shower temp too high really 1.0C, sleet showers streaming through cheshire gap, most going north/east of here, ISAAC in for more snow higher up

sleet shower iced up some water/puddles

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Leicester snow shield still holding firm then? I hope it's going to thaw out here, I've got to go out in a few hours, don't want to fall flat on my face on the ice.

Posted

A real wintry mix this morning, now heavy wet snow, looks pretty treacherous out there.

Yep, nice cheshire streamer. Started off as rain around 5am now entirely snow thanka to lower uppers

Posted

just sleet at 108m lower, not as good as yesterday, less cold as well, sleet/wet snow looks possible on Xmas day on latest models,

just now very heavy small hail shower, iced certain surfaces over

Posted

just sleet at 108m lower, not as good as yesterday, less cold as well, sleet/wet snow looks possible on Xmas day on latest models,

just now very heavy small hail shower, iced certain surfaces over

Uppers will decrease for u by 12 noon.

Posted

Uppers will decrease for u by 12 noon.

thicknesses look better as well tonight, bbc had an area of snow moving through cheshire Gap very early tomorrow, then dry, then rain showers from cheshire gap

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

I'm at 180 metres asl and it's steady rain here. Not seen one flake so far this winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Nothing more than a few light showers of wet snow and sleet so far this morning. There was a thin snow cover at 0600 but this has since turned to a layer of ice. Hills about 15 miles north are snow covered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Nothing more than a few light showers of wet snow and sleet so far this morning. There was a thin snow cover at 0600 but this has since turned to a layer of ice. Hills about 15 miles north are snow covered.

There was about 7cm+ in Buxton last night when i took the kids sledging, the Drive through castleton up winnats pass to get to Buxton was quite strange there was only a few flakes of snow falling in Castleton then as soon as i got to the gates at the gate at the bottom of winnats pass it started snowing lightly and there was a covering of snow on the ground the snow got heavier as i drove up the pass at the top there was quite a few cm of lying snow, i then drove through sparrowpit and then through Dove Holes which had a good covering of Snow it was snowing quite heavily when i got to Buxton which as i say had a good 7cm+covering.

Posted

hi all

in wednesbury its a beautiful crsip winters day

i drove into walsall and was 8 degrees on my car temp

in fact i had window oen to let some fresh air in.

cant see there being any snow this afternoon here as i think temos would have to drop drastically but be nice to get some evening snow