Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Yes, I noticed the station at Brierlow Bar just to the south of Buxton was reporting 8cm of snow. It was definitely a north western Peak event with all the high ground around Buxton, Flash, Leek and Stoke getting a good snowfall but nothing to the south and east of about Hartington.

I noticed that last night driving round in and out of buxton trying to find somewhere decent for the kids to sledge i ended up on a hill near solomons temple :rofl:

Posted

Typical the day we finally get a stream of showers here their all of sleety rain with temperatures hovering between 3-4c, even if there is settling snow tonight it will be gone by lunchtime tommorow anyway unfortunately.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Looking out my window here in Leicestershire, soaking wet and piddling with rain.

Not surprised. It basicly has to be one extreme event for leicester to get snow, e.g. -5c and -10c uppers with a godly amount of precip coming in from the sea for even a chance that we see snow here. All these fairly weak amounts of precip never do well when they get to us.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Rain here near Stratford too - we're another area that has yet to see snow this winter, I fear we have a long wait ahead!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Can see an anvil below Stoke heading ominously toward Leicester

realised i had my Dire video set on private, all ok now :oops:

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Can see an anvil below Stoke heading ominously toward Leicester

realised i had my Dire video set on private, all ok now :oops:

yes i was about to comment but i thaught i'd be patient lol

btw that shower will be of rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Hi fiz i do a sports show on www.radioy.co.uk before that i did news and current afaires. So what r the chances of brum getting a lite snow cover in brum? All we got is rain.

Posted

Hi fiz i do a sports show on www.radioy.co.uk before that i did news and current afaires. So what r the chances of brum getting a lite snow cover in brum? All we got is rain.

rather low chance, maybe something later tonight or tomorrown evening but snow cover highly unlikely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

yes i was about to comment but i thaught i'd be patient lol

btw that shower will be of rain

You should have mate.....as i do feel a bit of a dick :doh:

Posted

We need a miracle

I was doing some shopping in Earl Shilton about twenty minutes ago and we briefly had sleet. As far as I can tell looking out of my window (I have a view of an unlit car park) it looks as though it's all rain now. It felt a bit colder than the temperature suggests outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

quiet on here tonight, FI on 12Z looks very cold, setup is perfect for frost, ice days and fog, but GEFS control probably more realistic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wind direction giving a great streamer well into Wales right now. Winds look to orientate more NWly from about now slowly towards favouring Shropshire, Western Staffs, perhaps Worcs, Herefs, and West Mids. NMM certainly hinting at some showers/streamers throughout the night.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

A wet and miserable afternoon overall. Walked up Clent Hills at lunchtime, even up there it could only manage rain or sleet. Some lying snow up there though which made it nice.

I'm not excited about any further streamers or showers heading this way...they'll only be more cold rain. I think we need a change to the milder stuff now, these north-westerlies just aren't working out.

Lets hope our next shot at cold will be a proper one...whenever that might be.

For now, I have a glass of brandy, I have 2 weeks off work and the milder weather should make xmas preparations fairly trouble free...so the lack of any snow pales into insignificance compared to all of that!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A wet and miserable afternoon overall. Walked up Clent Hills at lunchtime, even up there it could only manage rain or sleet. Some lying snow up there though which made it nice.

I'm not excited about any further streamers or showers heading this way...they'll only be more cold rain. I think we need a change to the milder stuff now, these north-westerlies just aren't working out.

Lets hope our next shot at cold will be a proper one...whenever that might be.

For now, I have a glass of brandy, I have 2 weeks off work and the milder weather should make xmas preparations fairly trouble free...so the lack of any snow pales into insignificance compared to all of that!

I would of though any showers overnight would be wintry due to naturally lower temperatures at night. Whilst it will rise in any showers I do think it would be mainly wintry. Tomorrow morning 9am onwards back to rain though.

Its very chilly out there now with a DP at 0c.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I agree Gord - I started this week really optimistic about some exciting weather, not necessarily snow, but storms. This then turned to a snow risk. Nothing delivered! It was actually quite a dull week of weather in the end, so frustrating.

Posted

I agree Gord - I started this week really optimistic about some exciting weather, not necessarily snow, but storms. This then turned to a snow risk. Nothing delivered! It was actually quite a dull week of weather in the end, so frustrating.

I don't know, last Monday evening into the early hours of Tuesday was quite exciting. Last monday evening had everything a good Autumn storm should have. Has been fairly dull since with just a few flurries to keep us interested. Did enjoy my walk over Clent today though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Been a lovely sunny day for the most part here, now the temp is down to 0.6oC and with any luck those showers over Wales might drift towards us in Malvern overnight! *fingers crossed*.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A few moderate- heavy snow showers early this afternoon have given us a cover of 1cm which has since.frozen.

A bit poor compared to Buxton but at least it's white out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I was suprised how frequent the showers were that i saw today,being so far inland.

The flow from the North West must have just been in right direction for us in the heart of the Midlands to get this much from the CG streamer.

Unfortunately they were all rain.

I see on the 12z there are suggestions of another streamer tomorrow but by the time anything reaches here it will likely be later in the morning when the surface temps and dews look too high.

Anyway i am pleased to see some of you,especially around the north west of our patch and some hilly areas, have seen some lying snow in the last 2 days.

Let`s hope it`s not too long before the models show something better than the current outlook.

Edited by phil n.warks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Everything here today was rain, the max was 6 °C -- rather higher than forecast -- and it's still 2.8 °C now. Add to that the reports in the Wales thread -- current snow line seems to be about 250m asl -- and I really can't expect anything of interest in these parts overnight. Those up around Leek etc might have a different story, of course.