Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Snow

Posted

Indeed, like I said earlier, even Clent couldn't manage anything that wintry today. Maybe I should move to Leek, or Buxton...or even Clee Hill village would do!

I've chosen Lickey as my place to walk the dog tomorrow. Wonder if there's any patches left up there like there were on Clent?

Talking of elevation and snow. Just to rub some salt into our wounds, according to friends and family on Facebook, it's currently snowing in the lowlands around Beccles and Lowestoft in Suffolk. Barely a couple of feet above sea level in some parts around there.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Always colder further east, Irish sea/liverpool bay, warmer than north sea, East areas will see more snow off a northerly

after tomorrow, this thread will die virtually, time to take a break from it I think, GFS 12Z FI is wrong, I will still think that Dec will be the coldest month this winter

Posted

I assume there's nothing interesting in those showers coming down over Shrewsbury due to the lack of posts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

just watched bbc forecast on red button and showing a great big area of snow over derby,ashby, tamworth etc what do we think?

sorry I meant to say at 8am tomorrow morning

Posted

Looks like everyones had enough of letdowns already. Gfs hmm BBC all show snow for tomoz morning yt no posts in here lol

Posted

Looks like everyones had enough of letdowns already. Gfs hmm BBC all show snow for tomoz morning yt no posts in here lol

Looks like we've all had enough of this north-westerly pattern and are ready to move on. It's stirred some interest, it's been better than November but yeah...no point bothering with it anymore!

Will be putting the gloves and hat back into their summer home (bottom of the wardrobe) on Monday, best leave the waterproofs handy though!

Edited by Gord

Posted

I saw that, but as you say, we keep getting kicked in the teeth so why should we bother to give it a second look? lol :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Snow later this morning...? I doubt it. If your talking about that streamer, it'll be rain most likely. Looks like it's a little north of my area anyway.

NAE only says its 1 or 2mm of precip anyway. Highly doubt that will reach this far inland.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

All that excitement during the week first a storm then it became a snow risk in the end it was nothing. I hope rest of this winter isn't going to be a let down. After so many letdowns i'm not holding much hope. Sorry guys for beeing the doom mungger.

Posted

All that excitement during the week first a storm then it became a snow risk in the end it was nothing. I hope rest of this winter isn't going to be a let down. After so many letdowns i'm not holding much hope. Sorry guys for beeing the doom mungger.

No worries, its let down after let down for me too, though i did get very lucky last December for once, the amount of times i have felt like jacking in weather watching is countless but i can't give it up, a bit like fags.

Posted

Downgrade of todays streamer courtesty of the 00z NAE, GFS. Anyone surprised ?

edit:

NMM still holding on it to it being more intense actually.. though still north, derby notts even up to sheffield the fireing line if makes itself this far inland.

Edited by kmanmx

Downgrade of todays streamer courtesty of the 00z NAE, GFS. Anyone surprised ?

edit:

NMM still holding on it to it being more intense actually.. though still north, derby notts even up to sheffield the fireing line if makes itself this far inland.

if it hold together you will do fine i have a good 4 cm here from the streamer. :clapping:

Posted

if it hold together you will do fine i have a good 4 cm here from the streamer. :clapping:

Yeah it's looking intense, holding together well, just not the right direction ! The bulk is going north, and then theres a little precip underneeth it, but thats going too far south!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Good to see I'm not the only one on at this time!

I can't sleep, and looking at the radar I think I might just stay awake now as those showers are getting closer and closer and showing as snow on the Netweather radar.

It's around -1 outside here but I can't find and local dewpoint readings.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a dusting by sunrise here.

Posted

Good to see I'm not the only one on at this time!

I can't sleep, and looking at the radar I think I might just stay awake now as those showers are getting closer and closer and showing as snow on the Netweather radar.

It's around -1 outside here but I can't find and local dewpoint readings.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a dusting by sunrise here.

Yep nottingham looks well inline with this load of precip. Likeing this new V6 Radar Beta :)

Dewpoint readings should be fine, -2.6c dewpoint and -1.4c wet bulb here.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Looks like the Pennines are eating the precip quite a lot :(

Think I'll set my alarm for 7 and see what's happening then.

Yeah I like the new radar too, especially the new NW scale, I think it's the perfect balance between the old NW scale and the traditional Met Office scale.

Posted

Looks like the Pennines are eating the precip quite a lot :(

Think I'll set my alarm for 7 and see what's happening then.

Yeah I like the new radar too, especially the new NW scale, I think it's the perfect balance between the old NW scale and the traditional Met Office scale.

Yeah unfortunately streamers have a really nasty habbit of dieing out really quick, despite seeming to quite intense! they just vanish out of nowhere.

Posted

Holy Mother ****

Stoke is getting plastered right now. Got about 2cm within 20mins!

Cheshire gap already in full force!

Posted

Holy Mother ****

Stoke is getting plastered right now. Got about 2cm within 20mins!

Cheshire gap already in full force!

Can see you got it good on the radar.. jealous.

So annoying by the time it gets here it's going to be rain because it'll be 2 or 3c :(

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Can see you got it good on the radar.. jealous.

So annoying by the time it gets here it's going to be rain because it'll be 2 or 3c :(

I wont forget these 3 days, 16-18 december 2011 cheshire gap effect, snow mainly in north staffs nd chehire, elsewhere not a single flake!

Still chucking it down, winter wonderland outside

Posted

I wont forget these 3 days, 16-18 december 2011 cheshire gap effect, snow mainly in north staffs nd chehire, elsewhere not a single flake!

Still chucking it down, winter wonderland outside

Welll it seems to be holding together quite well, just 50 miles until it reaches here! about an hour and 20 minutes away, just has to stay together and be cold enough and im set :D

I have my camcorder mounted up outside to record the sunrise and any potential snow fall (Videography is a second hobby), just hope the poor thing doesn't turn into an icecube! sure is chilly outside

Oh god temp is rising by 1c an hour.. already 1.4c in leicester :(

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Not sure of temp here in le10 but still a thick frost outside so if it is snow it should settle. I think will be here in 20mins if it holds together.

Posted

Not sure of temp here in le10 but still a thick frost outside so if it is snow it should settle. I think will be here in 20mins if it holds together.

Yeah i checked my own thermometer was closer to zero than the one I use off the net.

Unfortunately the precip is showing signs of fairly quick breakup now. Definitely still enough weight behind it to hopefully make it here with hopefully enough precipitation to give us a 'pretty' 5mm coating :) I'd be really happy to just see a few decent flakes to be honest.

edit:

ITS SNOWING ! Yes people its snowing in Leicester !

Albeit lightly, but undeniabley snowing ! :D :D :D I even have video evidence to prove it.

Edited by kmanmx