Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - January

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Whats up Peeps, haven't posted here in a while so seriously when can we have some nice weather??

We had sleet here two nights ago - I kid you not!!

next week could be nice.smile.png

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Nice warm spell the last few days... Met Eireann station recorded 25.4c on Friday.

Posted

Looks like we will fare better than England during this week too, with us being centred nearer the HP, and less under the influence of the cooler upper air. I think our week will be generally dry, bright and potentially sunny. Feeling chilly at night, no frost and feeling warm in any sunny spells we may get. But certainly cooler than of late!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

guys and girls anyone have any info on the earthquake of the west coast of ireland? magnitude 4 at a depth of 15km.

looks to be near the mayo coastline. I didnt experience any shaking here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

guys and girls anyone have any info on the earthquake of the west coast of ireland? magnitude 4 at a depth of 15km.

looks to be near the mayo coastline. I didnt experience any shaking here.

Just posted a link in the earthquake thread.

Earthquake today and flooding tomorrow.... that's what we getting for passing the fiscal treatylaugh.png

Posted

Just posted a link in the earthquake thread.

Earthquake today and flooding tomorrow.... that's what we getting for passing the fiscal treatylaugh.png

god help us.cray.gif

Posted

Right...........

Thats the Ark finished..

Off to Belvue in the morning to pick up the furry passengers.

Room for some of you guys too if your up for it. Let me know and i'll swing past your way!

Posted

Right...........

Thats the Ark finished..

Off to Belvue in the morning to pick up the furry passengers.

Room for some of you guys too if your up for it. Let me know and i'll swing past your way!

roscommon please.help.gif

Posted

Dibs on the royal suite!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Hi all, a fairly mixed day with some rain earlier on now clearing to some broken cloud, and some sunny intervals. Temperature about 15*C.

Doesn't look like much of a let up in the wishy washy weather with more rain expected tonight and tomorrow.

Greetings from Cork, the worst place to be in Ireland during a heatwave! biggrin.png

Posted

Greetings from Belfast, where the ducks have started wearing wellies and carrying umbrellas. Someone has to say it - the longest day in flaming June and people have the heating on! There's a ray of hope for mid-next week, according to some posts in the forecasting thread.

Posted

Ugh... Foul! A short trip to tesco by CAR and I had to change my clothes they were so wet and sodden! I got completely soaked just walking from the car to the shop and back! Oh yes and not to forget the gale force wind!! :(

Posted

So far, it's not as bad as it might have been here. Not great - a horrible wet day - but not as wet nor as windy as was forecast a few days ago. Perhaps the worst thing is the amount of surface water which is accumulating.

Posted

In Dublin at the moment and at leat it's not raining and the air has a little bit of mildness about it, but for June 22nd not good enough. The worst June in my memory, more rainfall in April through June to date than most winter 3 months. After such a dry Jan-Feb-March it had to happen, I reckon we will get a dry autumn if that's any good to you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

A dry and pleasant day here in Cork. It was sunny until about a half an hour ago before a rain shower appeared, but the sun is back out. Seems as if we're escaping the worst of the weather for once. 15*C, some cloud around, a moderate westerly breeze.

Posted

Dry and pleasant?? I'm getting on the train and heading south now. It's rained nonstop since very early this morning, varying from moderate with blustery winds to heavy with blustery winds, and by the look of raintoday it's not stopping any time soon. Just to add to the mix, it's cold. I can't give an accurate temperature but when I was out earlier I wished I had gloves on. Visibility is awful. I'm sitting here in the study looking across the valley at where I know there are hills and houses and can see absolutely nothing. I really can't remember a "summer" as bad as this one.

Posted

In Dublin at the moment and at leat it's not raining and the air has a little bit of mildness about it, but for June 22nd not good enough. The worst June in my memory, more rainfall in April through June to date than most winter 3 months. After such a dry Jan-Feb-March it had to happen, I reckon we will get a dry autumn if that's any good to you.

Well at the moment its looking slightly drier than average, but its also looking cooler than normal, so probably not a repeat of last year. Still, anything but the muck we usually get.

Jamstech IOD model (Autumn 2012)

Precipitation:

tprep.glob.SON2012.1jun2012.gif

Temperature:

temp2.glob.SON2012.1jun2012.gif

They're usually quite accurate when it comes to long-range forecasting it seems (they were right about the main part of the summer so far being damp and cool, although they are saying it should warm up later on. We shall see! unsure.png )

Posted

Dry and pleasant?? I'm getting on the train and heading south now. It's rained nonstop since very early this morning, varying from moderate with blustery winds to heavy with blustery winds, and by the look of raintoday it's not stopping any time soon. Just to add to the mix, it's cold. I can't give an accurate temperature but when I was out earlier I wished I had gloves on. Visibility is awful. I'm sitting here in the study looking across the valley at where I know there are hills and houses and can see absolutely nothing. I really can't remember a "summer" as bad as this one.

It looks as if the rain will clear overnight in Northern Ireland, for now.

Believe me, we're usually in the firing line when it comes to cold and rain. Thank your lucky stars you don't have to put up with our weather unexciting (the dampest, dullest, least warm in summer, least cold in winter, least snowy, and usually least windy! Never fails to disappoint! rolleyes.gif )

Posted

Yep, Cork getting the good stuff for once. Sun is out, there's a bit of a breeze, but feels nice in the June sun! Some menacing looking clouds about, so it could all change soon.

Posted

Am going to telephone box off in the caravan for a couple of days starting on Tuesday, been looking at the charts, I'm figuring the closer to the SE the better chance I have for warmer and dryer weather, so Waterford maybe? Because it's a short trip, don't fancy any more than a 2 hour drive from Dublin...

Thoughts?

Looks like Thursday brings yet another low across us. This is the wettest June I can recall. Very 'autumnal' weather!

Posted

Very poor day here in Cork today. A cool 13*C high, with rain nonstop from about 11 in the morning until about an hour ago. Still, looking fairly good tomorrow and much warmer, hopefully a good Cork vs Tip match! biggrin.png