Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - January

The watcher

Posted

There is more than just a few hints appearing now that we could be in for a cold spell, certainly a lot colder than of late for sure! I knew I wasn't seeing things dude!

Posted

eek!! Just checked the charts and eek! Where the heck did that spring from!! Sunday looks like a pretty chilly one if those charts come off! Just as I was getting all excited about spring too! March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb...or vice versa apparently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Yes, charts lately showing a return to some wintery weather, but how potent or how long for still up for grabs. I'd like a NEsterly, but not fussed.

Passed the RAF fitness today so I better start training and getting fit properly now. Don't want to fail the last hurdle which is the shuttle test and English and Maths test in England in a couple months.

Posted

Just when I I was getting used to the idea that spring was coming it snows! Had a dusting of snow this morning about 7. All gone now but was nice to see!

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

... it's oh so still...

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Like a ghost town in here lol. Well not much excitment weatherwise for what seems like forever. The most interesting thing i saw in the skies recently was the other night when i saw a meteor flying overhead fairly low,its tail was bright and yellow,only lasted a few seconds but it was nice to see.

Posted

It's disappointing to see the ecm indicating higher pressure may move towards Greenland towards the end of March. Why couldn't this have happened in January or February):

That would be murphy's law if it happened. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Its going to happen at some stage anyway once the polar vortex breaks up, I'm firmly looking for warm weather now so a northerly can wait until next winter!

Beautiful day here today with hazy sunshine all day. Looking like high pressure dominant until the end of the month which isn't too good for south east England with their drought but great to get a dry spell here after all the drizzle all winter

Posted

Whats your current rainfall totals this month people? Mine seems very low- i wonder has the cat been drinking out of the gauge again lol

Posted

Yes certainly seems like a dry month this month,i dont have a rain gauge unfortunatley.

Today i recorded the warmest temp at my location so far,max temp today 16.0c,it felt very summerlike today.

Posted

Well if the Ecm and uk met office have it right, we could see some snow on high ground in April, possibly even some snow making it to lower levels as well. Of course there is plenty of time for downgrades before then

Posted

Great day again today with a max of 17.3C, tomorrow looking even better B)

That potential cold blast has been showing up all week, things have to change eventually but I think I'll enjoy this rare sunny spell before having any real look at it!

Not sure how accurate this is but an interesting chart showing the rainfall accumulation for the month so far, based on radar returns. Very dry in the south and east of the country

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=1043;sess=

Edited by Harps

Posted

Lovely day with plenty of sunshine,max temp 18.3c.

Posted

Stunning day here as well, not a cloud in the sky from morning to night, maxed at 21.8C B)

Malin Head recorded a new March record of 19.9C, the next few days looking like more of the same

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

stunning day here yesterday, very warm, everyone out and about, spirits are high.

got the face and arms slightly burned, will be more careful today. looks like an even more stunning day today by the looks of things.

Posted

Did not see a single cloud in the sky today,wall to wall sunshine although cooler at my location then yesterday. Max temp today was 15.1c,last nights low was a 4.7c.

Posted

Did not see a single cloud in the sky today,wall to wall sunshine although cooler at my location then yesterday. Max temp today was 15.1c,last nights low was a 4.7c.

good to see your alive and well sundog. hope your enjoying the fine weather.

sunniest skies i can remember in a few years. no clouds, wall to wall sunshine. very warm too, quite staggering to believe that its only march.

another fine day in the offing today.

Posted

Last April was similar around here but we've barely seen a clear blue sky since then!

Same again today, not a cloud in the sky and looking like breaking the 20C mark for the 3rd day in a row

Posted

good to see your alive and well sundog. hope your enjoying the fine weather.

sunniest skies i can remember in a few years. no clouds, wall to wall sunshine. very warm too, quite staggering to believe that its only march.

another fine day in the offing today.

Hi Stormforce,good to see you back posting again,well the weather hasnt been too interesting over the past number of weeks or even months,but this current weather is interesting for the temps as it is only March and it is great to get the clear skies we are getting especially as the last few weeks were very dull with little sunshine.

Not a cloud in the sky again today ,max temp 17.0c,last nights low 4.6c

Posted

Fantastic day folks - ye all have me to thank for it, I planted 750 bare root trees 3 weeks ago and low and behold very little rain since.

So now I have the joy of watering them individually every day :fool:

Still I would give my right arm to have a summer as good as the last 3 days :good:

Posted

Hi Stormforce,good to see you back posting again,well the weather hasnt been too interesting over the past number of weeks or even months,but this current weather is interesting for the temps as it is only March and it is great to get the clear skies we are getting especially as the last few weeks were very dull with little sunshine.

Not a cloud in the sky again today ,max temp 17.0c,last nights low 4.6c

Yes sundog remarkable weather indeed, and it really is bringing people out of the wood work. ive seen everything from bees to babes wearing less than bikinis!! :diablo:.

Pomeroy, any chance you could plant some trees to bring snowstorms? :p