Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - January

The watcher

Posted

Roll on the weekend! I expect to see a wee warning from the Met in the next 24 hours! It's looking good for Scotland anyway and we should see some of those showers filtering through! This might be short lived but it will be very welcome! Even a little dusting would keep me happy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The colder the better.

I'll bet we won't see one flake down here.

Posted

I'll bet we won't see one flake down here.

That's an easy bet to make.

The north "should" see a few flakes but until i actually see it falling from the sky I'm keeping quiet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Really low humidity tomorrow so snow should make it to low levels during heavy showers, quite an impressive set up with dew point dropping from +6C to -4C in less than 6 hours as the cold front passes through, dew point as low as -6C during the day tomorrow which is very unusual. Can't see anything sticking for long on low ground but it'd be great to just see some proper snowfall for the first time in ages and probably the last time for another year

Latest NAE has snow quite widespread across the north tomorrow evening. Should be some nice heavy hail showers with a bit of thunder to go along with it so looking forward to some weather for the first time in months!

120218181712.gif

Edited by Harps

Posted

Good luck to you chaps tomorrow and tomorrow night - goodness knows you deserve some snow madness after the winter you've had! I reckon there'll be some lying snow at low levels in the north and north-west, maybe nothing huge but welcome nonetheless I'd imagine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Not liking the precipitation chances for us on the East side though. If Belfast sees some I usually do too.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Another mild dull day,apart from some light drizzle dry until this evening,some rain here in the last while. Max temp 11.9c,current temp 10.1c

After this weekends colder blip its back to the same boring mild stuff,next week certainly looks like a very mild one indeed with not much sign of any cold for the rest of the month and winter which sums up our "winter",absolutley terrible.

Good luck to those up north this weekend hope you get some snow.

Posted

First flakes of snow have started to fall here in Derry! Heading to Antrim soon! Could be a tricky drive over the Glenshane on my way home this evening!

The main snow/sleet band looks like hitting around early evening so take it easy.

Posted

yes 5-10cm possible on higher routes. 2-5cm local falls with Icy roads being a main problem Eastern and Central areas.

Driving (or hoping to) up to Co Down (few miles north of Newry) for a function this evening; should be leaving the venue after 11.00 p.m. to return to Dublin. I'm nervous driving in icy conditions after a horrible crash 10 years ago (our car was parked, another vehicle ploughed into us). Should I go or not?

By the way, I hope you lovely people enjoy your cold snap...am just a little bit anxious here!

Posted

Should be fine India....not much in the way of ice and snow in these parts...mainly going to be North and Western parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Had some decent snow here around 2pm, turned the place white for half an hour with some still lying on the grass. Mostly hail since then with the odd snow shower but nothing lying

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Apparently there was some snow in the few showers that were here today,although i was in Dublin most of the day and did not see it myself. It certainly felt cold out in the wind although the temp did get up to 7.1c briefly. Current temp 2.4c

Posted

Its been hitting on and off all day. Started as sleet with us and then some fairly hefty hail showers. But we now have snow. Not lying and I dont expect an awful lot but im just delighted to see a bit of snow again.

Good luck folks!