Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - January

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Heavy Wet Snow at the minute....very wet out.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A shi*te end to a shi*te winter.

Yes indeed.

Well i suppose tomorrow in many ways is the last day of the meteorological winter being the last day of any cold at all for this month as it looks mild for the rest of the month from monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I was in Maghera last night and came home over the Glenshane pass at 3am. It was snowing away, the road was white and all. Light dusting of the white stuff here this morning, but nothing to really write home about.

Posted

Chin up guys - maybe we will have a nice summer (for a change).

Sure wasn't it great not to have the same heating bills, there are more important things in life than a bit of snow - nice and all as it is.

Besides I have it on good authority that 2012/13 winter will be the most bitter one ever :drinks:

Posted

Oooohhh somebody tell me what day Summer is on this year... Id hate to blink and miss it!

Nice to see the crocuses in bloom though.

Has anyone noticed how bad the flu and cold viruses have been this year? My entire family have been smitten! My mum always says" A green winter means a fat churchyard" ie we need a good cold snap to kill the viruses. I think she's right.

Posted

A mostly dull day (again) with some rain at times,very mild as expected- max temp 13.9c,probably be a degree or so warmer tommorrow.

I have only had one cold so far this winter which was last week,so i think ive done well as regards colds and flus this winter,probably the best winter for me personnally on that score.

Posted

Not much cold or interesting weather on offer for Ireland over the next few days but certainly mild.

In other news, passed my RAF interview today and going in for medical tommorow with my fitness test next week. Fingers crossed....2 more steps to go.

Posted

Got up to 14.1c here today,i was expecting it to be a bit higher as i thought i might see more sunshine today then recently but alas another dull cloudy day.

Edited by sundog

Posted

Not much cold or interesting weather on offer for Ireland over the next few days but certainly mild.

In other news, passed my RAF interview today and going in for medical tommorow with my fitness test next week. Fingers crossed....2 more steps to go.

Congrats Watcher fingers crossed for the restof the stages

All together now "I believe I can Fly"

Posted

All good, medical passed and just fitness test to go which I should pass according to my practices against the clock at home. Weather still felt quite mild today, probably just the cloud cover...but it was ment to be colder.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

You're not interested in the upcoming cold spell then?

Not going to happen, if it did and it won't, but if it did, it would be of nuisance value only and very short lived. We need to concentrate on a good summer now. Which would be 4 good sunny and warm >22 C max weekends June to mid August.weekends. Good weather around Easter bank holiday and a dryish May. That's all I aask for, I thin the last 3 or 4 summers have managed 26 on the entire Ireland only once or twice.

Congratulations Watcher, try to keep the chem trails down over these parts now won't you, every little bit helps.

Posted

No, Im not. I didnt even know there was supposed to be one coming. I do like snow, but I like it when its worth talking about in December and January. Snow in late February is usually total rubbish. Better to hope for a nice spring in my opinion

Posted

Haven't been around for a while on here. Can't see any cold spell to be honest, usual lack of heights towards Greenland the problem.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Looks like a bit of weather from the weekend onwards at least, its been one of the worst months in memory for me here. I know its not been quite as bad elsewhere but here in the north west we've had thick misty drizzle literally all month, truly depressing

Possibly a storm over the weekend or at the very least some active weather, I'd take anything right now!

Posted

pretty much t-shirt weather here today...sun out and double digits/mid teens. 2 days until my fitness....my muscles are sore with the training I have been doing.

Posted

Haven't been around for a while on here. Can't see any cold spell to be honest, usual lack of heights towards Greenland the problem.

It's gone now just down to a short snap, but it was there a couple of days ago