Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - 2012

Posted

The storm chance % here for friday has been going up and down like a yoyo for the last few days,I'm not expecting anything thundery tonight into tomorrow but a 51% risk for monday has got me interested although this is bound to change by the time monday arrives

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I love this time of year when convection begins to wake up and the excitement and build up to a hopeful summer of many MCS starts. It's like the flowers beginning to bud in spring to use a metaphor.

And of course the leaping hope and crushing disappointment of those bloody wheeliebins!

Posted

No forecasts from any of the dedicated storm sites today so little primary thought that there is anything coming this way.

It looks like we are in for a very quiet period yet again:

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I feel your pain weather09. Although I don't really see the storm season as starting until April. I know there can be storms earlier but I personally have never seen a thunderstorm in March. I have seen some good ones in April though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Very quiet period, indeed. How some members can prefer the current weather pattern to, say.. warm humid and thundery synoptics I'll never quite grasp. If you're a weather enthusiast, you should be feeling the pain right now. I know I am.

I completely agree. Though to be fair, warm and humid weather can feel very unpleasant, I especially dislike hot and humid weather, but the current weather pattern that has persisted for so long is definitely not interesting, especially for weather enthusiasts such as ourselves.. I guess we'll have to wait until April forwards like Supacell says.. I'm luckier then most however as I've had thunder and lightning this month - not bragging I promise!!

Posted

Very quiet period, indeed. How some members can prefer the current weather pattern to, say.. warm humid and thundery synoptics I'll never quite grasp. If you're a weather enthusiast, you should be feeling the pain right now. I know I am.

Ahhhhh no!!! I'll take whatever weather is coming and enjoy each as best as I can. Of course my head is geared up for the storm season (such as it is!!) now but I'll enjoy a few quiet, warm and sunny days while I'm waiting.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Ahhhhh no!!! I'll take whatever weather is coming and enjoy each as best as I can. Of course my head is geared up for the storm season (such as it is!!) now but I'll enjoy a few quiet, warm and sunny days while I'm waiting.

Could be a long wait! The death ridge doesn't look like giving up easily.

Posted

Going to be quiet in here for a while, not seen this much yellow on the free atmosphere charts for a long time and this settled period really isn't good for storms. Thank goodness it's not really storm season yet or we would be seeing a few more in the NSC!!

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

I am wondering, if model confidence is pretty low and this high pressure stays here forever... I am wondering because we've had a very dry/warm winter and SSTs are pretty high, that we might have some good imports this Summer once the sun starts warming things up.

Posted

I am wondering, if model confidence is pretty low and this high pressure stays here forever... I am wondering because we've had a very dry/warm winter and SSTs are pretty high, that we might have some good imports this Summer once the sun starts warming things up.

Too far away to even ponder Robbie!!! We struggle with pinning down thunderstorms on the day before sometimes.

I think we've upset our European neighbours anyway; storms seem to be the same way as points awarded to us at the annual Eurovision - nil!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I think we've upset our European neighbours anyway; storms seem to be the same way as points awarded to us at the annual Eurovision - nil!

Let's hope we stand more chance with T storms than we do with Eurovision...

post-10773-0-81702700-1332864086_thumb.j

...one big old Zero is enough, and I'd much rather get out of the no storms club anyway :angel:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

yeah they refused to share all the cold and snow during winter and will probably hog all the storms during summer. Selfish or what lol?!

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Those froggy Euro's are jealous of our music so vote against us, but surely they are not jealous of our weather!?!?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

For me, storms in April has generally then lead to a poor showing overall in the summer - not that this is a reliable forecast of what the upcoming summer will be like. I have a feeling May will be good this year - just a hunch.

I have more chance of seeing a blanket of snow on Tues/Weds in these parts than any storms this week (or next).

Posted

Some fairly nice views across the London Skyline, looks pretty stormy. But I doubt it is, just looks like lots of CB!!

ApjuhvyCMAANizX.jpg

Edit - a fairly heavy shower just coming through, RAIN!!! I DON't BELIEVE IT!!!

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

There was a torrential downpour here earlier. Radar clearly showed a torrential cell amongst the rest of the lighter showers. Gave some very Thunderstorm like rain for about 5 minutes. Sky looked quite Thundery too. Sadly, no T&L.

Posted

There was a torrential downpour here earlier. Radar clearly showed a torrential cell amongst the rest of the lighter showers. Gave some very Thunderstorm like rain for about 5 minutes. Sky looked quite Thundery too. Sadly, no T&L.

It just gives you that feeling that we are in for a bumper stormy summer!! Did you get the smell after rainfall too? Classic smell I haven't smelt in ages.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

The drains are blocked again, its the most rain ive seen on the radar, since i observed rain previously on the radar, even saw a small rain core and hail shaft drif to my s.e.

Posted

Quite a lot going on here,dark clouds to the north a small anvil to the south a lot of convection going on and patches of mackrel sky,I'm expecting some rain but I don't think it will be thundery,well done Jane on your rumble of thunder,you might get another one in the next few years lol,good luck everyone