Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Here's hoping this thread fills up with lots of snow reports in the not too distant future :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

Here's hoping this thread fills up with lots of snow reports in the not too distant future :-)

Well according to the 1130 weather forecast on News 24 they had most of the southwest as far as southampton covered in snow for monday as the front flirts with the cold air

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Im still pining my hopes on sunday/monday snow event chance as from what i can see that is the almost here and now and the best chance currently, anything past that is all is FI land! Although the 12z and 18z were very tasty this evening and full of eastern promise. :drinks:

Welcome back my fellow bumpkins lets hope west is truly best! :air_kiss:

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hello, hope you don't mind me popping on here! My money's on Friday (I have no idea why, perhaps it's because I've had a couple of vodkas now - oh and whilst we're on the subject of money I forgot to collect my £20 from the cashpoint this evening, took the card out and forgot the cash until I got home and realised I hadn't taken it out of the slot, doh!! Consoled myself that hopefully whoever found it was having a hard time and treated themselves to a nice treat such as a takeaway and a bottle of vino!)

Posted

Perry

So glad the SW discussion is back! Happy 2012 all. Had a few flurries earlier but nothing to shout about! It's looking so so close for Sun/mon! Some serious radar and lamp post watching coming up I hope! I’m looking forward to sharing the highs and lows of the next few days +! Here’s hoping we all get masses of snow :drinks:

Posted

R.e. The Front moving in .. will it won't it , good news is the GFS has made more of the PPN so heavier precipitation more likely at least for a while , but why it has let it move further East you also have more of the Warm sector to worry about ... Wales a big fat Yes , anywhere East of Bristol Yes , South West of Bristol still very unsure at the moment .. Although light Snow possible as the front turns round and moves back West as it fragments . Most of us in the South West will likely need abit of luck over the next couple of runs .

Posted
Posted

First BBC forcast of the day gives rain for me Sunday into Monday. Overnight forcasts gave snow! Still think it could go either way. Hard to call how far east the warm front will get.

Posted

yes it depends how far east it goes the more marginal it will get on lower ground esp. last night was prefect and i just knew it would move east. looks like snow turning to rain possibly?

Edited by David-kig

Posted

yes it depends how far east it goes the more marginal it will get on lower ground esp. last night was prefect and i just knew it would move east. looks like snow turning to rain possibly?

Or Snow to Rain and then back to Snow ... ECM though says Yes all the way though apart from Cornwall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

How far east is this front forecast to get now?

Posted

How far east is this front forecast to get now?

Leading edge on the south coast appeared to be in Hampshire/West Sussex and basically up through the midlands. I feel (no evidence) that the HP will push it back west or south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Leading edge on the south coast appeared to be in Hampshire/West Sussex and basically up through the midlands. I feel (no evidence) that the HP will push it back west or south.

Mmmm, that is a little to far east for my liking! Didn't think it would get there!

Still, best to see the updated FAX charts later to see what the Met think!

Posted

Latest ECM has it into or close to the West Midlands before pushing back West and dying out over Bristol during Tuesday Morning. If the Snow charts are anything to go by Bristol could have 36 hours of falling Snow but GFS needs to fall into line on the 6z and bring them Cold uppers just a little bit further East , although I Struggle to see how you can have -10 uppers East of Bristol and closer to 0 in Somerset , a middle ground more likely with most of Devon and somerset probably clinging on to -5 850's and in heavy PPN this should be enough to trigger some Snowfall .

Posted

still more uncertainty than i thought this morning for us in the SW between the models, what the models seem to be suggesting is a enhances sw developing bringing more precip into the sw as far east as the midlands.

a best guess would be a snow ne of a line from salisbury to warminster upto bath and across into the mendips, with snow possible over the moors as well.

amounts could be anything from 2 to 20cm there is just too much uncertainty still and it probably won't be until sunday morning that anything can be relied upon.

anyway GL to all.

Posted

Lol I work at Gala Bingo in Weston Super Mare , and if Weston get Snow and Weymouth doesn't you will probably find me bragging over the link Monday dinner time 2.30 pm lol