Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

well it's snowing here in cleethorpes :yahoo: :yahoo: :clap: hope it settles. temps at 1:02 am, at 2.4c dew point at -3.9c :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yeah it was snowing here earlier as well.. @clee_snow just poked my head through the window - nothing lol

Like was posted above, its fine here on the coast - cold enough -its just that its so light if you blink you'll miss it.

Let me have another look now that I just read what you have posted.... *dum de dum*.... nope nothing here in Humberston falling.

<plug>

Perhaps whilst your lamp-post watching you might wanna check out the 2nd link in my signature, especially if your over 30 it might bring back some fond memories. :D

</plug>

Edited by djrikki

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

That ppn around the Wash is really pepping up, wonder if you guys in Lincs. might get a cm or two out of this?

Posted

We had a light flurry for around 10 minutes in the end and that was it. Its a shame pressure isnt lower as we'd get some proper convection then. As it stands the air is just too stable further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

@aaron

First time I've looked at the radar today, seems quite interesting. If the main band can develop just 50 miles north of its present position then I'd be happy.

EDIT: The wider rainfall radar here on NW on the front-page shows a little bit further out-to-sea and there seems to be more to come.

Edited by djrikki

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

MetO maps still showing rain for Sat /Sun mainly for our area .....do they know something we dont..?

Or do we reckon they will change ...?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html

Posted

morning all, light covering here this morning still flakes blowing in the air, not expecting to much, but what we have came as a nice surprise , as soon as we get any sunshine it will disappear quite quick i think.

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

Light snow falling here after a light covering overnight - looks like a bit more on the way

morning arnie, what do you think the chances are of these showers pepping up and we get enough for my daughter to build a snowman. lol

Posted

Morning all

well i was not disappointed after all with a dusting of the white stuff. Looking at the radar there appears to be more on the way for South Lincs as the showers off the north sea are moving in through the wash and moving SW. So i expect at least another hour or so of snow flurries before petering out as the morning moves on.

LO

morning arnie, what do you think the chances are of these showers pepping up and we get enough for my daughter to build a snowman. lol

Not sure we will get enough for a snowman today, however Sunday morning you may be able to build at least a few :good:

Posted

Well,

Interesting few days ahead!

At the moment GFS showing us in prime location for a really good dumping of snow overnight Saturday with 7 inches of snow forecast (If iv'e worked it out right!) .

MO not as good in forecasting light snow and sleet but still a major improvement.

Doesn't look like warming up too much either next week.

Posted

Saturday looking very good for Yorkshire and Lincolnshire

4e12d07682624ec48c9b5c1.png

Posted

GFS 18Z

prectypeuktopo.png0degisotherm.png

GFS 00Z

prectypeuktopo.png

0degisotherm.png

STILL an upgrade in short term on the gfs. Just compare both of them to see how that very cold air holds better on the 00z run!!! upgrade??

Yorkshire is ON!!!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

GFS 18Z

prectypeuktopo.png0degisotherm.png

GFS 00Z

prectypeuktopo.png

0degisotherm.png

STILL an upgrade in short term on the gfs. Just compare both of them to see how that very cold air holds better on the 00z run!!! upgrade??

Yorkshire is ON!!!

Very excited by the charts this morning! UPGRADE everytime!!

I hope its a snow event like 2010 in my area I measured over a foot of snow hoping to see that again!!

Metoffice havent released weather warnings yet, do we expect them to come out today or do you think it will be tomorrow?

is all of yorkshire gonna do well or certain area's? I really hope Barnsley south yorks does well!

Posted

Saturday is the day - will fall on very cold ground and some snow cover in some place as cant see this mornings light covering melting.

Posted

Very excited by the charts this morning! UPGRADE everytime!!

I hope its a snow event like 2010 in my area I measured over a foot of snow hoping to see that again!!

Metoffice havent released weather warnings yet, do we expect them to come out today or do you think it will be tomorrow?

is all of yorkshire gonna do well or certain area's? I really hope Barnsley south yorks does well!

I think South Yorkshire and north Lincolnshire will do particularly well - but I think everyone in this region should see snow on Saturday!

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

First post since December 2010 i think, looking forward to Saturday, will be glued to this thread for the next couple of days as there seems to be a lot of South East bias on the model output thread, understandable to a certain extent if the majority of posters are from that area.

Looking good for some snow on saturday, the current location of the event looks perfect for Yorkshire, hope there arent too many changes to this in the next few days from a IMBY perspective :good:

Posted

Saturday is the day - will fall on very cold ground and some snow cover in some place as cant see this mornings light covering melting.

rapid melt going on here, clear blue sky and not much snow left, fingers crossed for the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

not even had any snow here so be happy to have seen some not even been below feezing for the last four days still sitting at 2c in hull very dissapointing weather here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Trying so hard no to burst with excitement, I do hope the weekends events are not downgraded. I've missed radar watching this year, even if its just a few days..I'll be happy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

come on! for the weekend, just a decent covering, and i will finally be a happy bunny, fingers crossed for no downgrades, upgrades upgrades upgrades plzzzzzz lol

Posted

I truly believe the front will back west a touch and slow down! Going by past experiences, that is one monster high :p