Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

I'm not shaw but I really would take them with a pinch of salt. Didn't they have most of us down for light snow on tuesday?

Good point, yes I think they did :)

Posted

Most estimates on where the snow will fall will be totally wrong. In this situation it simply wont be known what is going to happen until the actual day in question. These setups are notoriously difficult to predict even on the mesoscale models.

It will literally be a case looking at the radar when the precipitation arrives and seeing how well it moves east.

Posted

The BBC really dont like to give much away

everytime I watch the forecasts on news 24 all you hear is "snow on the way , where and time it will arrive is very uncertain and how much keep tuned in"

I have learned more on the model threat this week than I have on the BBC all year! do they actually know how to forecast? and the amount of times they get it wrong so I am going with the comments on here and YORKSHIRE will do well on SNOWTURDAY! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Like all snow events, this one will be a case of looking at the radar and waiting to see where the PPN is heading.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Could be a double bonus this weekend new bulking cycle in the gym starting and a walloping of snow, frustrating seeing the clouds out at sea knowing there's snow there seems theres a few beefy showers out there just too slack a flow :-( , had a few very light graupel showers here today and feeling bitterly cold working in it maxing at 1.5! A thrilling day at Horncastle tomorrow though the gaffer has'nt thought of weather conditions so possibly a wasted trip even a dusting halts work :rofl:

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I suspect Fish recorded the forecast yesterday and as such in these situations the models are constantly reajusting. Being a front it is not quite a now cast situation but close to it.

Broadly agree with HC in that i think that West and South Yorkshire will be the sweet spot with North Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire close to it. Anywhere above 100m in these locations should see upto 15cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Just popped in from the SE thread. Can't believe it's so quiet in here, the North Sea is firing up rather nicely for you?

Edited by Ice Day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Just popped in from the SE thread. Can't believe it's so quite in here, the North Sea is firing up rather nicely for you?

We've been staring at precip out there all day! A small proportion has reached a little inland but it's all been on the light side. Don't hold much hope for what's developing out there at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

looking good for lincs again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

We've been staring at precip out there all day! A small proportion has reached a little inland but it's all been on the light side. Don't hold much hope for what's developing out there at the moment!

Well in my unbiased opinion, I would love to be around Skegness in the next 30 minutes. The precip really seems to be getting going and I think large parts of Lincs/Humberside may do rather well! Fingers crossed for you and maybe we'll see some in Essex over the next couple of days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Yes showers starting to pep up again, areas around East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire could see something special over next few hours.

Posted

I'm looking at RainToday and there's a huge finger of red pointed right at York! Will it clear the moors? Probably not... have to wait for saturday night i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Well in my unbiased opinion, I would love to be around Skegness in the next 30 minutes. The precip really seems to be getting going and I think large parts of Lincs/Humberside may do rather well! Fingers crossed for you and maybe we'll see some in Essex over the next couple of days!

Take my hat off - you were right! Looks like some areas up here could get a decent covering tonight. Hopefully some more snow showers will pop up and head in the direction of York soon! Good luck to you as well for the next few days :)

Posted

I'm looking at RainToday and there's a huge finger of red pointed right at York! Will it clear the moors? Probably not... have to wait for saturday night i think.

yep looks pretty impressive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Showers are advancing inland!

Posted

Whatttttt??? Winds are so light and they keep the energy in the showers inland. Very unexpected!!!!

Posted

Somewhere between Scarborough and Whitby is going to be affected by that streamer thing.

Probably Ravenscar, they always catch it.

Some quite bright colours in it to, could easily be 2 or 3 inches.

Posted

Whoa!

Thought I would check the radar just before bed but now I'll stay up.

Posted

Wow, quick check of the radar before heading off to sleep, defo waiting up for this one, i think i may actually see some decent snow tonight!

Posted

Whoa!

Thought I would check the radar just before bed but now I'll stay up.

like wise mate! Pushing well inland now!!

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Just seen the temps for Sheffield area for Sunday - 4/5 deg C ....surely these temps wont hold the lying snow in place ...quick thaw? or do we get it sticking around ?