Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Wish the meto's website would work again :(

Cant read any warnings.. Is it because they are about to launch the warning of a lifetime?

......... but will it include Somerset and the South West!!!! thats the big question..

Posted

......... but will it include Somerset and the South West!!!! thats the big question..

it did include parts of the SW but then it crashed so dont know whats happen

Posted

I think meto our just confuced and sat in the office having a caravan fight on what to put :) expect it to update..with same warnings as before lol

Posted

Possible to say where might get lying snow still

The meto this morning was one o the worst runs so a big shift west is good but only really it moves it a bit further west than the other big models

Still the shift shows that there is hope for some of our region

Sorry typed on iPhone

(null)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

gfs has the region to go through the marginality all over again tues/wed and then wed/thur next week. blimey i hope something comes off from the various chances.

Dunno about the rest of you but I think I'd be feeling a tad sick if most of us miss out on all those snow chances which are now appearing in the models for over the next week or so!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

So who'd be up for hiring a mini bus and heading East for a days sledging and snow balls?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Possible to say where might get lying snow still

The meto this morning was one o the worst runs so a big shift west is good but only really it moves it a bit further west than the other big models

Still the shift shows that there is hope for some of our region

Sorry typed on iPhone

(null)

I'm expecting rain the whole time for my location. In fact, i hope it is all rain. It always snows, then rains straight afterwards and washes it all away.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Fortunately I think Cornwall except for Bodmin Moor may just be in the rain/sleet area but Dartmoor and Exmoor could see some snow and perhaps the lower ground. Charts for 12Z Sat, and 00z Sun. As ever it's a bit of a knife edge job.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

Gutted sometimes I just hate living on the south coast !! Grrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Sounds good Jethro, Buckinghamshire looks good! I think the South West is the only part of England that the models are not forecasting accumalitive snow for!

Posted

Gutted sometimes I just hate living on the south coast !! Grrr

How can you be gutted when it hasn't happened yet?! Blimey!

Plummeting here, -1.4c already !!!

Posted

GEM is great for our region, would be good if the ecm took the same route as the gem, it has before and the gem verification stats are very good apparently so no this is not a straw clutching post lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Sounds good Jethro, Buckinghamshire looks good! I think the South West is the only part of England that the models are not forecasting accumalitive snow for!

One of the best snowfests I've ever lived through was in either '86/'87, living in Eydon, Northants. The village sits on top of a hill, roughly 600ft asl, it took a few days to dig a way out, the drifts on the top of the hill were higher than the school coaches - looks a sweet spot again, perhaps a weekend visit to friends there is in order.....

Posted

Andy Bown> Not Jemma of the strange clothes fame, (forgive me I am a critical woman) but some other bird, I don't know her name.

It was Elizabeth Austin.

As for Jemma, I'm critical of her too, of her forecasting/presenting rather than outfits lol !

Posted

Anyone else seen what snowmadchris has posted in the model output thread, a ukmo chart that shows even us in the south west having an all snow event! Surely that can't be right!

Posted

The last 24hr runs haven't really trended West enough for our region me thinks (other than the GEM model). Not too hopeful - it looks like Central prob as far West as Reading, and then to the East.

But already talk in Mod thread of a reload with poss snow events for the West next week - wait and see - as people have been constantly repeating this week these kind of set-ups - large HP to our East and encroaching Atlantic always produce 'fireworks' in the Winter.

By the way just watched News24 - report from Croatia and Italy - snow, snow, snow and more to come for them! :cray::wallbash:

OOPS!! Should've checked before i posted just now.

Latest tweet from Ian F that he's posted 12 mins ago reads:

"There's a fair swathe of England at risk of snow Sat-Sun, incl parts of W Country. Sorry can;t be specific re locations until late 2moro"

Interesting!!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Tonights frost looks like it really is going to be a brutal one!

current temperature is -2.7c and my ground temperature sensor is already reading -7.2c :shok:

Saturday still has a little hope for us I see lets just hope it improves through into friday.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The last 24hr runs haven't really trended West enough for our region me thinks (other than the GEM model). Not too hopeful - it looks like Central prob as far West as Reading, and then to the East.

But already talk in Mod thread of a reload with poss snow events for the West next week - wait and see - as people have been constantly repeating this week these kind of set-ups - large HP to our East and encroaching

Atlantic always produce 'fireworks' in the Winter.

By the way just watched News24 - report from Croatia and Italy - snow,

snow, snow and more to come for them! :cray::wallbash:

OOPS!! Should've checked before i posted just now.

Latest tweet from Ian F that he's posted 12 mins ago reads:

"There's a fair swathe of England at risk of snow Sat-Sun, incl parts of W Country. Sorry can;t be specific re locations until late 2moro"

Interesting!!

GEM has most of South West as a snow event

UKMO has Eastern most Counties of South West as a snow event

GME has most of south west has snow event

If ECM can match something like GEM or GME or at the very least UKMO then there is actually some positives to take from tonights output, chiefly for Eastern most counties!

GFS is crap by the way! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Mullender! Hi.

Currently minus 4.3C here with DP dropping through the floor. But then it never got above -1.5C all day again. Shame its all for nothing huh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Mullender! Hi.

Currently minus 4.3C here with DP dropping through the floor. But then it never got above -1.5C all day again. Shame its all for nothing huh!

Hey good to see you back matt its been a long time!? you must have done wellout of mondays snow?

On my way home I stopped of to get new battieres for my outdoor sensor but then bought the wrong size. :fool::rofl: Think my sensor is now catching up with the drop in temp at moment or it is just getting colder very fast. -3c now

Top temperature today was -1.2c which makes it only second ice day.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Hey good to see you back matt its been a long time!? you must have done wellout of mondays snow?

On my way home I stopped of to get new battieres for my outdoor sensor but then bought the wrong size. :fool::rofl: Think my sensor is now catching up with the drop in temp at moment or it is just getting colder very fast. -3c now

Top temperature today was -1.2c which makes it only second ice day.

Actually did better on Sunday, had about 3cm by the evening, but monday it rained. There is still snow abit higher up, which goes to show how cold its been up there, since its been lovely and sunny.