Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Lol! You couldn't make it up! Guess what the GFS 12z brings us next week! A South Easterly flow again!

Do we really want that again????

In terms of this weekend, very very little support for snowfall in our region now!

Edited by Active Weather Dude

Posted

Lol! You couldn't make it up! Guess what the GFS 12z brings us next week! A South Easterly flow again!

Do we really want that again????

In terms of this weekend, very very little support for snowfall in our region now!

Yes Snowfall threat all but gone from our region , Most of us didn't do very well on Monday so I can't see much hope this time with even warmer uppers. I guess it's time to start looking at where the next Cold spell will come from and how that will effect our region .. Greenland block and Channel lows would be my chosen outcome .. hmm We can dream ..

Posted

Yes Snowfall threat all but gone from our region , Most of us didn't do very well on Monday so I can't see much hope this time with even warmer uppers. I guess it's time to start looking at where the next Cold spell will come from and how that will effect our region .. Greenland block and

Channel lows would be my chosen outcome .. hmm We can dream ..

Greenland block and channel lows is something along the lines of what the Met Office outlook for mid-late Feb sounds like!

Maybe, just maybe!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

You people really shouldn't jump to conclusions lol, check out the latest faxes, which shows a massive shift west from last night of the front this weekend and as ecm rolls out that is also an upgrade, the eastern part of our region might get in on the snow action at the weekend yet, you just never know!

Posted

And then along comes the ECM and raises the hopes again!

Our part of the world still in uppers of -4 to -6 on Sunday! This is getti g ridiculous now, such wide differences at just T72

Posted

eye eye, lot of excitement in the MOD forum. Loads of discussion about the cold holding out??? Bit to techie for me

Has anyone with more knowledge got any ideas on how this would effect us in the SW??

Cheers

ECM gives Eastern counties of our region hope of some snowfall over the weekend! Chiefly Glouc and Wiltshire and East Somerset!

FAX output also along the lines of something similar!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Oh god! It's like riding a roller coaster. My tummy can't take it! Lol!

Posted

ECM gives Eastern counties of our region hope of some snowfall over the weekend! Chiefly Glouc and Wiltshire and East Somerset!

FAX output also along the lines of something similar!

Cheers A-W-Dude, sorry silly question, but is the ECM a trusted model? Also with this potential upgrade will the warm air still push through after some frontal snow, or would the cold fight back - maybe a stalling front

Cheers

Posted

If things continue to shift west like they have tonight, and that fax is a massive shift west, I wouldn't be surprised if more of our region gets in on the action this weekend than just the eastern side of our patch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So ECM is more back in line with UKMO then... GFS has a long way to go to align itself surely? Something that will take a few runs?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

evening all.

well im on my 3rd packet of prozac all ready, then along comes the ecm and as far as i can see it sort of goes along with the UKMO and then some :fool: .

it going to be a long few days until this is sorted.

fromey

Posted

Cheers A-W-Dude, sorry silly question, but is the ECM a trusted model? Also with this potential upgrade will the warm air still push through after some frontal snow, or would the cold fight back - maybe a stalling front

Cheers

The ECM is the number one model! Must wait and see where it sits in it's Ensembles though!

IF it verified, the cold air would be with us all weekend! No point looking beyond that yet until we get this weekend sorted! Whatever happens this weekend will have a major effect on next weeks weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Ha the weekends uncertainty continues, whats the bets everything moves East again later on.....could do with the westward movement trend to continue so more of the region gets in on some possible action.

Posted

Yes ECM Massive upgrade from the ECM in the short term it would mean an all Snow event except extreme Weston Coasts .... Will post some charts when the run is fully out ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

looking interesting now...

Long way off yet people but its a good shift in models.

One of coldest nights of winter and my sodding themometer has decided its batteries are cold and conked out ahhh!! Just managed to get a reading but its looking grim for my weather station with all sensors giving up :help::doh: should of got those replaced with lithium ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just one of the Charts regarding Snowfall from the ECM

Oh that is beautiful, look at Leicester slap bang in the middle of it :w00t:

Brings a tear to my eye I tell ya.

Posted

Just one of the Charts regarding Snowfall from the ECM

Not a sniff of snow for us as normal from that set up.

Posted

Oh that is beautiful, look at Leicester slap bang in the middle of it :w00t:

Brings a tear to my eye I tell ya.

Yeah , can't be bothered to post all the Charts but it gives you at least 18 hours Heavy Snowfall .,.

Posted

Save that ecm precip chart as I bet its further west come the day, which would benefit my location but I also reckon it'll struggle to get that far east come the day due to that block. Remember the weather front this weekend just gone was originally pegged to reach much further east across the country, as it was the eastern extent of the precipitation only just reached the Bristol area!