Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Well must say looking a mixed bag for Wales this weekend and normally I'd be watching for any minor upgrade that would get me some snow. Andy love the positivity and hopefully it will be rewarded tomorrow but for once when there is a snow event due I am not at home. I happen to be roughly centre of the big orange warning that METO have out for sat as I am working in Cambridge at the moment. May have struck lucky here and could be in the right place at the right time for a change :)

Edited by djwayne

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Well must say looking a mixed bag for Wales this weekend and normally I'd be watching for any minor upgrade that would get me some snow. Andy love the positivity and hopefully it will be rewarded tomorrow but for once when there is a snow event due I am not at home. I happen to be roughly centre of the big orange warning that METO have out for sat as I am working in Cambridge at the moment. May have struck lucky here and could be in the right place at the right time for a change :)

can you arrange a mini bus to come pick all of us up? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme snow rain wind

when i was reading the posts last ight everyone seemed so positive ,what happened? im sooooooooo gutted!

i

when i was reading the posts last ight everyone seemed so positive ,what happened? im sooooooooo gutted!

ve still got snow from last time were in brynmawr expect to have lots more tomorrow........

Posted

can you arrange a mini bus to come pick all of us up? lol

Would love to :)

Only problem is if we have all this snow how am i supposed to get to the pub to watch the rugby on sun :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It was -8 when I left for work this morning at 5:50am. It's currently 1c. Not expecting much tomorrow other than rain unfortunately.. Hope I am wrong though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Just been having a look at some pressure charts which up date hourly. got 1041 in Wales fingers crossed now folks, its gonna be interesting come on HIGH keep it there for longer and extend westwards :D :D :)

Posted

Just been having a look at some pressure charts which up date hourly. got 1041 in Wales fingers crossed now folks, its gonna be interesting come on HIGH keep it there for longer and extend westwards :D :D :)

you able to post them sam?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I'm just gutted that there is no way that it'll get this far West for me to enjoy a bit of snow :( East Wales it's possible. But South West Wales? No chance! :(

Posted

I'm just gutted that there is no way that it'll get this far West for me to enjoy a bit of snow :( East Wales it's possible. But South West Wales? No chance! :(

hmm yes i am doubtful about east wales, but rather than lamppost watching at least we watch the boys in RED on sunday!!! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a low of -4.9C here, currently 0.9C and still frosty and ice around. Not so positive for tomorrow now, though hope for a few suprises in stall for us all tomorrow!

Posted

I dont understand them pictures Andy , can you advise us Newbies please .

The shaded areas (ie with diagonal lines through them) indicate snow.

But that's the GEM model - seems to be doing better than GFS of late, so you never know. I would though have more faith in the UKMO and ECM models, but they could well be wrong .........

However, I'm in a gloomy mood today (for various reasons) and I'm still expecting rain, rain and more rain ..........

NAE for 6pm tomoz - looks like front is slightly delayed on this 12z run

12020418_0312.gif

It's still bloody rain for my neck of the woods.

But it MAY change ......... and pigs might fly.

Still, good luck to all you good people in 'the pink zone'. I wish you all the best. :D

Posted

GFS 12z - 12 midday

gfs-2012020312-2-24.png?12

Looking like a lunchtimish start for all this around central eastern Wales

GFS once again - mild blip sunday - Monday back in the cold and more snow potential - do not get despondent as the cold air desperately wants to give us some snow at some point over the coming days!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

This run is so much better in the long term, more amplification and back to very cold towards middle of next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

When is our next best chance then? Is tuesday still looking good ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Being inland East Wales i may just have better odds of getting some white stuff. The wife is due to drive to the NEC on Sun morning though. I reckon that will be a no-no for her.

This really is in the balance and it will be interesting to see what the forcasts say tonight and whether the Beeb and MetO revise predictions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

This GFS run only loses the cold tomorrow night, Sunday and Monday and then by Tuesday, the very cold air is upon us again and is still with us at T168 so far. Brilliant Run

Posted

GFS 12z - wowwwwwwwwwww

-10 uppers over Wales - get your thermals on folks the beast is upon us

What a lovely Chart

gfs-2012020312-2-174.png?12

ANYBODY NEED A JOB? ;)

From the meto!

Trainee Forecaster

Salary: £18,000 + competitive benefits, including Civil Service Pension

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

I really want snow but I'm meant to be going to Bristol University tomorrow to have a better look at the uni so if it doesn't snow its not the end of the world for me as I have got plans. My main worry is that I look at the models before I set out in the morning (and they suggest it will quickly turn to rain) and then it actually does snow heavy and I get stuck in Bristol! Anyway, temp dropping like a stone, ice day here max temp of -0.5c, currently -2.9c already.

12z gfs is fantastic pretty much cold throughout. Could be a very below average CET figure this month.

Hopefully we'll get more frontal snow opportunities that will result in snow big time for us here in Wales in the coming few weeks!