Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 4)

Posted

Looks like there'll be a period of snow here, just unsure of how much, how long it will last and how mild it will turn after it's passed through.

Temp still dropping away: -5.1c

Posted

Sue Charles said if the front stalls when it comes up against the cold air then there could be more snow, so don't take the graphics as certain.

She was quite confident that this is less likely now, but at least its been said it could still happen. Prob more of a PR excerise with all the hype about this, but fingers crossed!!

Posted

How much of the south east was covered? lol im becoming too desperate for some proper snow! lol Just hope some how the models are over doing how far east this will get and that we will have a better chance of more snow!

No point in looking at bbc weather presenters look tomorrow ,front slow moving the first front weakening the secound front intensifies the precipation then come teatime lets see when the tempretures should start to rise we then see the snow turn to sleet,so lets watch the thermostats and enjoy the snow while it lasts.Hopefully as Andy says late the precipation the better ,meaning the HP to the east puts up a bit of a fight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

and my Mrs going to the same thing at the NEC mate ....I'm taking the kids to Derby v forest sunday lunch time ...could be fun and games :good:

I reckon it will be Sunday lunch with the whole family. Getting there could be a nightmare for her

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

No point in looking at bbc weather presenters look tomorrow ,front slow moving the first front weakening the secound front intensifies the precipation then come teatime lets see when the tempretures should start to rise we then see the snow turn to sleet,so lets watch the thermostats and enjoy the snow while it lasts.Hopefully as Andy says late the precipation the better ,meaning the HP to the east puts up a bit of a fight.

Fingers crossed that the high will put up a fight..:D

Posted

Theres always hope there is reports of snow in Donegal and Roscommon they havent even got our very cold pool of air.

Posted

my god its freezing tonight guys, 40 mins ago it was - 4 very cold at 7 in the evening. what temps are they giving for tonight? also i still think that this cold may put up a bigger fight than some think. i know they not giving snow for wales but we dont care so come on cold do your stuff ha ha

Posted

Increasing cloud is causing the temperature to slowly rise here: now -1.5 (lowest was -1.8 an hour or two ago).

Edited by Buzz

Posted

Increasing cloud is causing the temperature to slowly rise here: now -1.5 (lowest was -1.8 an hour or two ago).

dont want them temps rising open your freezer buzz lol

i just had a look at the radar and the snow/rain over ireland now,look like showers seem to be moving through pretty quick. does that mean that the same thing will or could happen tomor? and am i correct in thinking we need it to slow?

Posted

currently -5.1 here in blackwood,i also had snow flashin on my thermometer is that a good sign?

Posted

currently -5.1 here in blackwood,i also had snow flashin on my thermometer is that a good sign?

might be a better sign when the snow falls from the sky ;)

Posted

might be a better sign when the snow falls from the sky ;)

yeah....it usually is...

Posted

Are most people reporting a rise in temps by now? Wondering how long the cooling will last...

Still edging down here at the moment. -5.6c

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Sorry - the METO are full of it. 8 - 10 degrees by next tuesday? Methinks their having a laugh, or at least have got some idiot doing the online weather forecast. Maybe that why they've advertised (Andy's post) - maybe all the decent forecasters have resigned, and the office cleaner is filling in until someone else gets the job :S

Possible given their model:

post-2595-0-43422900-1328302179_thumb.gi

GFS 06 run showed mild air into Wales Tuesday too, and 14c over southern Eire, so it is a possibility.

Posted

I know! there could still be changes yet.... I'm expecting rain tomorrow - any snow will be a bonus.

Same

Posted

Snap -5c here too, freezing rain could be more of an issue than snow tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Hit -7.3c here in Pembs last night, however only -1.3c at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Currently -3.3C here with a dewpoint of -10C. Had frost and ice on the ground for 2-3days now with no real thaw!