Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Got no access to charts, wheres the nearest place to torquay it is likely to initially fall as snow , as im stuck in a hotel with mrs and kids under protest in this snowless dump . Exeter got any chance?

Should be snowing here according to the radar but it is still frosty even though we have cloud cover.

Morning all, newbie here (but have been a NW follower for years now!). Good luck to you all with regards to todays' snow event!

I live in Plymouth, 4m ASL so 99.9% resigned to not seeing any of the white stuff here lol, but one can only hope!! Round 2 maybe this time next week?

Enjoy your day!

TP

I also live in Plymouth so you might want to look out of your window as we have just had a dusting!

Posted

Hi. If it's any help for you guys further north and east, we have light snow in South Devon 300ft asl. Not forecast at any time this week! Appears to be from a shower ahead of the main rain band. Settling on roads so proves how cold the ground is!!

welcome to the mad house pete where in south devon are you and can you pop it in your avatar.

Edited by BARRY

Posted

Morning All, just run the meto radar thru, it seems that some precipitation has come further our way but fizzles out? Is that due to it hitting the cold air?

That os the preceeding cold front (and latererly occluded front) prior to the warm front. It's expecte and forecast to fizzle out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

That os the preceeding cold front (and latererly occluded front) prior to the warm front. It's expecte and forecast to fizzle out

Ok, thank you :)

Posted

welcome to the mad house pete where in south devon are you and can you pop it in your avatar.

Ivybridge. Still snowing. Not expecting much though before it turns wet!

Posted

Ivybridge. Still snowing. Not expecting much though before it turns wet!

According to the radar it's stalled over you so you may see a bit more snow yet,we have nothing still got frost though.

Posted

Just logged on - any change from last night for today or are we just expecting a few hours of the white stuff before it rains?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Got it in one Bristle Boy

Posted

Just logged on - any change from last night for today or are we just expecting a few hours of the white stuff before it rains?

Think that's all we can expect, Bristol will prob see more snow than me tho..

Posted

Got it in one Bristle Boy

Cheers. I believe next week's not looking great either - oh well, roll on Spring - for all this splitting of the PV, Strat warming, etc, etc it's not really delivering the goods here is it?

Worst winter in years for snow here- ranks alongside the 90s and early noughties - simples!

Couple with that the fact that the below zero temps have screwed my Saturday horse racing! :lol:

Edit: BBC weather just now shows snow for BTL for one hour - whoopy doo! another larry let-down!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Well the lowest it got to here last night was -8.7C so pretty cold.

I live in South Wiltshire so I don't know whether I will get any snow or not, will just have to wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I wouldn't rule out this month yet! The strat warming is not really going to have an affect, and was never forecast to have an affect, on the weather to our level until Mid Feb! There are still signs of colder weather in the next few weeks ahead! But hey ho, even I'm getting bored of saying this now, my advice, come back in a weeks time and see then if we have one last chance on the horizon! Lol!

Posted

According to the radar it's stalled over you so you may see a bit more snow yet,we have nothing still got frost though

Ok, so getting a little heavier. Quite a surprise really, but I bet the mild air is wrapped up in that main band! Must be looking good further east

Edited by Pete31

Posted

Light snow in Yatton from that little area moving SE out of wales.

Looks to be heading straight towards me too! Yay!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

I'm in the far west of Cornwall and it was snowing very lightly briefly, now turned to sleet. Hey I've seen snow this Winter :)

wottttt, well i totally missed that... thanks sleep lol awwww we did see sleet in lower cornwall :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold WInters, Hot & Thundery Summers

Snowing in Newton Abbot, virtually sea level. Smallish but dry flakes and beginning to settle. Under no illusions, though, probably turning to rain by 10am :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Clouding over here at work now.

Here we all are again.... Judgment day looms :rofl:

Nice to hear of reports of snow further west lets just hope for a last min upgrade as it looks abit like winter over after today!? :cray:

Posted

one occasion i remeber quite well was feb 09 i think, evryone had us forecasted for a rain event & i remeber it started snowing at like 6 oclock, watching the 6.30 news it also said we wouldnt have any snow even though it was hammering it down outside, took them a couple of hour too catch up & change what they were saying, i dont suppose there is any chance of a repeat lol? anyway snowing here for last half hour, very light and now just snizzle.... nice too just see it fall!