Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 4

Posted

This really is slow moving but starting to pick up now - using a combination of radar and M60 traffic cams to see whats coming as I'm in the middle of the M60 ring road :D

Keep going to the window to inspect for wet snow/rain mixed in but good so far.

Edited by Stephen_Mcr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

http://www.blogtv.com/people/snowmad79

And again before it gets burried under another 20 new posts in the next minute :p

PPN thinned out but a nice covering

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

Just to compare, its 1400 feet here (420m) in North East Wales and I not even seen a hnt of sleet :(

Posted

Mainly on the west side of the city Rob. Temperature has dropped here from 0.0 to -0.4 and we have what I would call sleet.

Hawkhurst Head (near the Whaley Moor summit) should be a good sight in the morning being over 1050ft in height, and southwesterly facing into the wind. Might take a pop up there myself to see how things stand drift wise and get a view of the A5004/Cat & Fiddle later on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just to compare, its 1400 feet here (420m) in North East Wales and I not even seen a hnt of sleet :(

We've really had the rough end of it from this "event"..gutted.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

Looks like the snow line is around 25 miles inland. Meto changed forecast for here now no mention of snow at all. Unfortunate but always likely to happen really.

Those with snow enjoy am off to take the kids swimming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Sorry to hear that mate, not to worry Tuesday/Wednesday possible snow fest may stall over the west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

Getting heavier here in South Cheshire with increasingly bigger flakes with a good dusting now on all surfaces.

Is the front stalling over Manchester as it seems to be having problems moving any further east??

Posted

Still coming down here, and really starting to blow around now. Snows making patterns on the road everytime the wind gusts.

0C and -9.6c dewpoint.

Posted

Getting heavier here in South Cheshire with increasingly bigger flakes with a good dusting now on all surfaces.

Is the front stalling over Manchester as it seems to be having problems moving any further east??

Think it has just hit heavy traffic on the ring road towards the Trafford centre will soon start moving

Posted

Hawkhurst Head (near the Whaley Moor summit) should be a good sight in the morning being over 1050ft in height, and southwesterly facing into the wind. Might take a pop up there myself to see how things stand drift wise and get a view of the A5004/Cat & Fiddle later on.

good plan, I wish I was up to the walking to get up there as well, get some pics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers and bitterly cold winters with lots of snow

Liverpool airport going for light rain, then heavy snow this afternoon, then light rain followed by more snow tonight

Fingers crossed so far ditto :(

Posted

Liverpool airport going for light rain, then heavy snow this afternoon, then light rain followed by more snow tonight

Well let'ts hope so <sigh> All we need now, to complete a miserable day, is for Everton to get beat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Meto warning has gone OTT, why include N Ireland when the temps are 6-8c with equally high dew points. Odd.

Still raining here, 2.4c. Dew point 1.0c

Posted

Well let'ts hope so <sigh> All we need now, to complete a miserable day, is for Everton to get beat.

its the everton way, we come of the back of two great results and go to one of the worst teams in the prem and get beat lol...hope count stracula and jelly play up front today..and keep cahill out, but we know that wont happen , even get peanuts in

fast start by arsenal ...1m30 sec they score against blackburn lol..van persie

can now visibly see how narrow that mild sector is on the radar now

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Just keeps raining here pic of icicles on the grill of my car before they melt lol

post-16288-0-97999600-1328360668_thumb.j