Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Snowing in Herne and Herne BAY :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Oo er it's not mucking around either !

nearly here then just a bit further, got a bet on that it will be here before 12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Nicely setting in now in Hailsham. Good covering on everything. Good bit more to come looking on Rain Today. Hoping it stalls and stays as snow.

Posted

I would say we are now at level 7, which was a suprise as when i looked out 20mins ago we were around level 1.

Every suface now has a covering and its falling a little harder although flakes are still fairly small.

M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

5cm and counting!!!

Posted

probably very slightly on the wet side but still crunchy underfoot and laying on the main road, even though it was wet earlier and i didnt think it would lay on the road at all

I might be doing it a dis-service..i dont think we are into the "main event" yet?,,,,

Posted

Whereabouts did you go?...I'm in Beltinge and it hasn't quite reached here yet....hopefully it's imminent!!

Hi Ya hippy I think we chatted last year....I am just off the sea front on the way up to Hampton

Posted

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE YAMKIN RAMPING CONTROL

The following has been sent to Croydon Council:

20cm on the higher ground of the Croydon Borough as the weather front stalls :help::D :wub: :clap::cold::yahoo:

THIS CALLS FOR A YAMKIN RAMP

Giant-Snow-Ramp.jpg

Either Yamkin is right or my radar is knackered

Posted

Say about 3 cms now at Watford - still moderate snow, though the temperature has risen to +0.4C and a humidity of 89%.

Has anybody got a formula for working out the dew point with that info?

Mike Im 3 miles south of Watford. My pws is reporting temp: -0.2c..... DP -0.3c. Current readings.

Posted

Wet Snow is the Snow you can make Snowman and Snowballs with e.g Atlantic type Snow, powdery is Easterly snow you cant make either it falls apart in your hand, which makes this Snow unusual it is Atlantic based and should be wet but it is powdery can anybody explain this??

Posted

Say about 3 cms now at Watford - still moderate snow, though the temperature has risen to +0.4C and a humidity of 89%.

Has anybody got a formula for working out the dew point with that info?

I've been using this one...

http://www.decatur.de/javascript/dew/index.html

:)

Posted

Can confirm a quick walk down the local Total garage (5 minutes max) and on the return journey footprints have disappeared.

To those wondering about the front stalling. The bit over the SE now - giving, say, 1cm or 2 in the next hour or so will continue to pass over and then advect (very) cold air in from the near continent as it occludes just east of Thanet. This creates a block which prevents the stuff currently NW of London from continuing to travel and is forced to occlude over our heads - that means the warm air will rise form clouds, pep up precipitation and give us a good dumping. It helps that London is between the exciting bit and us.

Furthermore, some of that cold air just East of Kent will be sucked into this vertical motion and will ensure that the snow does not turn to rain: it seems as if the 850s seem to go into reverse during the early hours. Eventually the front will wither and the precipitation will appear to move East - when really, the front is stationary, and it's simply where the lapse rates are high enough to continue to support precipitation - the movement SE tomorrow morning will be an illusion, it's just the front decaying from it's western flank.

Keep the faith guys.

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted

Hi Ya hippy I think we chatted last year....I am just off the sea front on the way up to Hampton

I think we did!!...and it's started here now...can't wait for the morning...my daughter is staying at her friends house in hampton tonight...i've already told here she'll be walking home tomorrow!!

Guest QuantumSnow

really? i've got temps of 0.6 but dewpoint -10.4!

Eh? Yep mine's definately at -0.1 as per my weather station.

Edited by QuantumSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

snow has now turned heavy here

good covering

be with you soon snowbob :p

I'd say moderate here now, patio says 4cm. Temp & dew at 0.5c, I'd usually expect sleet...