Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted

It started like that in Beccles, took the dog out for a walk and it's actually tanking down and blowing all over the place, very fine and powdery but tanking down all the same.

We have the wind for it, just needs the flakes.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

About 8-10CM of lying snow at Campbell Park in MK and still snowing, Precipitation is moving more slowly eastwards than earlier so maybe another hour or two to go before it peters out here, so 6inches in old money looks likely before the fat lady sings :good:

Posted

SNIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE SNIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about bloody time too.

That's how it started here at about 5pm!!

I thought I was seeing things at the time as was only out shopping

Still snowing (6 hours-ish now) but constantly building up and -1.

Not even sure if the main band has passed through yet, sort of lost track although the radars seem to be accelarating the fronts through W to E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

The snow has got some good depth to it now, and it's still falling at a decent rate...

Very much so saint. How was your walk.

Posted

how much you got TEITS

S

Knocking on around 8cm maybe 10. So difficult to tell because of the wind drifitng the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and Sunny. Cold Frosty/Snow

About 8-10CM of lying snow at Campbell Park in MK and still snowing, Precipitation is moving more slowly eastwards than earlier so maybe another hour or two to go before it peters out here, so 6inches in old money looks likely before the fat lady sings :good:

Yep similar amout 2 miles east of Cambell Park and still snowing heavily. If this continues for a few more hours I reckon 6 - 8 inches widespread cover in MK by the morning.

Posted

2 inches tops i rekon for the east of the regoin.

I have about 1 inch settled after 2 hours of continual light snow, considering the heavier stuff is heading towards me( and you) i'd think 4 inches is more like what we should expect. Some postitivity wouldn't go amiss!

Posted

Very much so saint. How was your walk.

It was very enjoyable SL, felt good to be walking with snow under foot again. Have to say, there was a very noticabble difference in depth from when I left the house and when I returned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Just been for an hours long walk, the biggest drift I saw must have been just about 10-11 inches. Now back at home and have measured the laying snow on my garden table, 87mm, best here since Feb 2009.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

So as this clears, are we looking at it turning to rain? Hopefully temps will drop as it moves away... (BBC forecasts suggested this)

I believe mate The east and south/east were best candidates to retain the cold and be less served to a thaw. Fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter / snow

Nice heavy snow now, temperature has also dropped from -1.0 to -1.7 in 30 min

Posted

Well as others have said difficult to give accurate depth estimate due to drifting

Looks to be about 7-8cms out there now level...about 6-7 inches deep where its drifted now

SK

Posted

So as this clears, are we looking at it turning to rain? Hopefully temps will drop as it moves away... (BBC forecasts suggested this)

Is it going to start petering out already? I thought the BBC showed heavy snow untill about 3 am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

Temps getting rather high here -0.2. Moderate snow fall with just over 6cm on the ground.

Posted

Well as others have said difficult to give accurate depth estimate due to drifting

Looks to be about 7-8cms out there now level...about 6-7 inches deep where its drifted now

SK

Good amounts mate, still got some more to come as well so you'll get into my 8-12cms estimate quite easily, may even go over it...

Posted

A few more pics. The first pic is sheltered but you can see the amount on the leaves. Nice pic also of the deep snow outside my front door.

post-1766-0-10545200-1328396105_thumb.jppost-1766-0-95889500-1328396142_thumb.jp

post-1766-0-41711400-1328396179_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Been snowing here in Sudbury since 21:00. Initially fine & light, now falling moderately. We have an inch of the white stuff on all surfaces, with the brisk wind blowing it about.

The lastest 18z (As Dave 'TEITS' has recently stated) has the precipiatation progged to move at a more NW - SE direction, so places like SE Suffolk, Essex, Kent & even SE London could see snowfall continue well into tomorrow, albeit lighter & more patchy with pressure once again on the rise.

Easterly's sweep in bitter air again from tuesday with sub zero days likely right through until the weekend.

Mammatus

Posted

Still absolutely bombing it down in Peterborough, not many fat flakes but lots and lots and lots of little flakes! xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's been snowing properly here for about two hours — it's more like clouds of dust blowing around, than snowflakes though — and we've nearly got ONE CENTIMETRE. Thrills.

This is the most over-hyped event for my location I've ever known. Where the MetO got their 5-10 cm for EA from I cannot imagine, as it would have to snow until Monday night to get that much. I'm not located on some far corner of the region either, but bang in the centre of it.

Posted

Horizontal sand, mean snow here, not a measurable covering yet.... fingercrossed

Temp -1.1c

dew -2.2c