Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted

About 3-4cm here in East Herts right now. So 10cm seems about right for here I would think. What does the Bishop Stortford poster think?

Edited by Hammer

Its amazing how fast it has built up as its only small flakes that are falling. Time for me to go out in it now complete with a few shovels for the morning!!.... Have a good night

Hi new on here -from March hope you enjoy the white stuff - let me know how the shovelling goes!

Posted

Been snowing in norwich for an hour now and we have just about managed to get to 1mm - another nine hours and we might just manage the big 1cm. :rofl:

the green stuff seems to be having trouble getting past the wash

Edited by NothingHappensInNorwich

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Be thankful you have dandruff, some of us are still waiting for snizzle.

Still no action in Lowie then EC?

Posted

Unbelievable scenes here in NW essex at the moment - the sort of scene you would expect in the background of footage of a polar bear.

Somewhere around 4-5cms out there now and the heaviest still to come

Could be another 4-5 hours of snow yet. Visibility near 0 i should imagine on the roads

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Be thankful you have dandruff, some of us are still waiting for snizzle.

blimey I hope there's someone at home to help you up off the floor when you get the snow that's definitely coming to you.. it'll probably be the best too (-:

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted

None whatsoever, the wind is blustering about, but no sign of anything wintry yet.

same here in yarmouth, going to bed not expecting much to fall here tonight.

Posted

blimey I hope there's someone at home to help you up off the ground when you get the snow that's definitely coming to you.. it'll probably be the best too (-:

I'll believe it when I see it :p.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Still not snowing in Lowestoft. But as I have now been drinking vodka and tonics since 7pm in anticipation of this snow event I don't really care.

Posted

Still tiny but many flakes in Godmanchester

Tyre tracks in the car-park are vanishing in about 20 mins. Is that about 1 and a 1/2 inches per hour?

Radar says biggest pules yet to come

None whatsoever, the wind is blustering about, but no sign of anything wintry yet.

We got he wind first, so good luck!

Posted

Very heavy snow with bigger flakes. My latest estimate is around 7cm so I reckon 10cm will easily be achieved.

I feel the system responsible for this was further E than modelled so I don't think snow will fall all night in the W of this region but might further E.

Posted

Still tiny but many flakes in Godmanchester

Tyre tracks in the car-park are vanishing in about 20 mins. Is that about 1 and a 1/2 inches per hour?

Radar says biggest pules yet to come

We got he wind first, so good luck!

The thing is we've had the wind for a fair few hours now. It's a coastal town, wind is the norm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

Are we in the heaviest part of the precip or is the main snow still travelling down from the North?

Heaviest pulse just about to arrive from the north west. Rest assured your in one of the more favourable locations :good:

Posted

All over bar the shouting here in Northants, pretty poor really, we have not tapped into the heavy precip. 6cm tops.

That cold front has passed rapid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

-2.8C here with a dewpoint of -4C. Lovely fine, dry snow, as expected with such dry air/cold temps. I know some a wishing for big flakes, but this just indicates that the snow is becoming wetter and flakes are sticking together. as TEITS has said, don't assume because it's fine that it won't accumulate quickly....it will. Nice covering here now, everything white, not a cm yet, but getting there. Hoping that this will get heavier/keep going for a few hours, which i'm confident it will here as i'm quite far east, probably until around 6am ish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Question is, if further east will it stall over East Suffolk/Essex as modelled or has it lost it's intensity ? We only have a dusting in W Ipswich. So question for everybody out there is do you think the extra kick in the NW and Midlands means it's going to dye out before the east coast ?